Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:36:22 AM
714205 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent theatrical viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 79
Author Topic: Recent theatrical viewings  (Read 617930 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2009, 02:16:08 AM »

Saw This is It last night.  Quite good, honestly.  Whoever did the editing (probably multiple people) did an excellent job.  It's also nice just seeing MJ dance again - he certainly still had it.  He kept pace with people half his age no problem.  And his singing voice was still great.  Looks like it would have been an awesome concert too.  Shame.

We also get some amount of insight into MJ as a performer and head man of the concert.  It's pretty amazing how hands-on he was with everything, and is a real testament to his talent, whatever else you can say about him.

It's not extremely deep, and the footage is a little rough (in particular, I found the on-screen cameramen distracting at times), but as a final tribute to Michael Jackson, it was well worth seeing in the theatre. 

9/10.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2009, 09:48:07 AM »

Saw This is It last night.  Quite good, honestly.  Whoever did the editing (probably multiple people) did an excellent job.  It's also nice just seeing MJ dance again - he certainly still had it.  He kept pace with people half his age no problem.  And his singing voice was still great.  Looks like it would have been an awesome concert too.  Shame.

We also get some amount of insight into MJ as a performer and head man of the concert.  It's pretty amazing how hands-on he was with everything, and is a real testament to his talent, whatever else you can say about him.

It's not extremely deep, and the footage is a little rough (in particular, I found the on-screen cameramen distracting at times), but as a final tribute to Michael Jackson, it was well worth seeing in the theatre. 

9/10.
I think everyone kinda overlooks how talented he was as a songwriter/singer/performer.  Obviously here in America, his career was overshadowed in the past 10-15 years cause of whatever perceived allegations against him.  I'm not saying he's not a freak at times, cause just seeing interviews he comes across as odd.  But I've never stopped being a fan and unlike some people, never denied what talent he had.  I wish things would've ended differently for him, what with the allegations of child abuse, his family, etc.

I wanna see this movie.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Cthulhu

« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2009, 04:50:15 PM »

I watched Gamer. Hell yes!
7/10
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2009, 05:15:35 PM »

WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE: A troubled, rambunctious boy travels to an imaginary land where wild beasts anoint him their king, but discovers that socialization is a struggle even in his imagination. It's incredible how Maurice Sendak's drawings are brought to life and there are several wondrous scenes, but it's really more for adults than children: the lack of focus in the plot will bore them, and the symbolic exploration of a child's psyche will go right over their heads.  4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2009, 01:17:05 PM »

WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE: A troubled, rambunctious boy travels to an imaginary land where wild beasts anoint him their king, but discovers that socialization is a struggle even in his imagination. It's incredible how Maurice Sendak's drawings are brought to life and there are several wondrous scenes, but it's really more for adults than children: the lack of focus in the plot will bore them, and the symbolic exploration of a child's psyche will go right over their heads.  4/5.

I wouldn't actually mind watching that, (shock horror!) it looks good.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »

Go for it, my clown!

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2009, 10:42:55 PM »

[/quote]
Definitely make the trek to see it.  It's definitely worth the watch, especially on the big screen. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Jim H

« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2009, 03:19:23 AM »

9/10.
I think everyone kinda overlooks how talented he was as a songwriter/singer/performer.  Obviously here in America, his career was overshadowed in the past 10-15 years cause of whatever perceived allegations against him.  I'm not saying he's not a freak at times, cause just seeing interviews he comes across as odd.  But I've never stopped being a fan and unlike some people, never denied what talent he had.  I wish things would've ended differently for him, what with the allegations of child abuse, his family, etc.

I wanna see this movie.

In particular, his talent as a songwriter is REALLY overlooked. 

As far as I'm concerned, if ALL he had written was the main beat to Smooth Criminal, he'd be a great writer.  But, he also wrote Billie Jean, Beat It, Wanna Be Startin' Something, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, I Just Can't Stop Loving You, Bad, and The Way You Make Me Feel.  Granted, he didn't have quite the string of awesome stuff by the time the 90s rolled around, but persistent rumors say he composed a good deal of the music for the first two Sonic games (which have great music).  Heal the World, Black or White, Will You Be There, Dangerous, Scream, They Don't Care About Us, D.S, and a few others are solid songs.

Very few people even seem to realize how much of his music he wrote himself. 
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2009, 02:22:15 PM »

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: A cinéma vérité style examination of the demonic haunting of a young couple. THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT meets POLTERGEIST, and not quite as good or original as either; slow to get started and lacking a satisfying climax, although there are truly nervewracking haunting scenes in the middle portion. Save your money and rent it on DVD; considering all the action takes place in a house, it will probably be scarier if you watch it at home just before sleeping than it was in the theater.  2.5/5.

You're too kind. Cloverfield's live footage baddie was scarier. PA goes way too quickly from subtle to cheap, corny, and frankly made for simple people who have a deep need to believe in and be scared of demons/ possession etc.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2009, 07:16:48 PM »

COLD SOULS: Paul Giamatti (playing the role of actor Paul Giamatti) feels burdened by his soul, so he decides to store it temporarily for a time; later, when he discovers he can no longer act, he tries to get it back but finds it had disappeared. Thoughtful and original premise, laugh out loud funny at times, and Giamatti deserves an Oscar nom; just wish it had an ending. 4/5.

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2009, 11:01:21 PM »

I just saw Law-Abiding Citizen.  Stupid, stupid, stupid movie.  Your capacity for suspension of disbelief gets tested, big-time.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2009, 04:54:05 PM »

"A Christmas Carol"

And here are eight reasons I liked it.

1.) The Christmas carols themselves never sounded better.

2.) One of the great moments in film occurs in this film. It is the moment, when Fred is talking about love, and it hits you, why Scrooge behaves the way he does. He has seldom loved, and he seldom has been loved.

3.) Marley's Ghost has never been scarier.

4.) This is one of the most realistic portrayals of life in 19th century England, I've ever seen in a film.

5.) This is one of the best adpatations from book to film, that I've ever seen. The fact that it is almost a word-for-word adaptation does not hurt

6.) I've seen hundreds of film. And how many of them have featured a great chase scene? Less than thirty by my count. And Scrooge being chased by the black hearse being pulled by the horses from Hell is one of them.

7.) It is almost perfect blend of animation and live action. As animation the film can do things a live action film can't, and as live action, it does look like live action and not an animated cartoon.

8.) And if this is not Jim Carrey's best performance, it is one of his best. And this from a man who abhors Jim Carrey.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2009, 06:35:45 PM »

New Moon...ok get ready for this.  It wasn't all that bad.  Or not nearly as bad as it's predecessor.  However the story and plot angles are immensely bumpy.  Still debating a review though I'm a bit worn out on the idea at the moment.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
3mnkids

« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2009, 09:14:26 AM »

New Moon...ok get ready for this.  It wasn't all that bad.  Or not nearly as bad as it's predecessor.  However the story and plot angles are immensely bumpy.  Still debating a review though I'm a bit worn out on the idea at the moment.

My daughter saw it last night and she could barely review it for me through the giggles.  TeddyR  She said it has tons of rapid eye blinking by everyone(shes not sure why) a couple of slow motion scenes,one that had the entire theater laughing their asses off, and the acting was so stiff she was embarrassed for them.. she said I must see it.  Wink

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2009, 09:51:56 AM »

My daughter saw it last night and she could barely review it for me through the giggles.  TeddyR  She said it has tons of rapid eye blinking by everyone(shes not sure why) a couple of slow motion scenes,one that had the entire theater laughing their asses off, and the acting was so stiff she was embarrassed for them.. she said I must see it.  Wink
Well I'll say this much, the minute the vampires left the screen the acting and the film overall just got so much  better.   I'm attributing this to everyone in the Cullen camp not being able to act very well.   I can't buy into the romance between Edward and Bella because Pattinson just conveys no emotion on screen.

Taylor Lautner, although he couldn't keep his shirt on, wasn't bad at all.  Matter of fact him and Kristen Stewart had pretty good chemsitry.  However, the plot is loaded with WTF stuff.  I'm telling you, this film may come to rest in what all of us dig.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 79
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent theatrical viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.