Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:34:11 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent theatrical viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 78
Author Topic: Recent theatrical viewings  (Read 615643 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2010, 12:38:09 PM »

DAYBREAKERS: A plague of vampirism turns 99% of the world's population into vampires; as the bloodsuckers use up their supply of human cattle and the world blood supply dwindles, one human-sympathizing vamp searches for a cure to the disease.  An excellent setup (that would have made a good idea for a novel) gradually turns into a contrived, by-the-numbers action flick; still worth seeing for hemoglobin fans for the unique concept of a society dominated by vampires.  Even as a kid, I never quite understood why vampirism didn't spread so quickly that the entire world didn't quickly turn into vampires with no victims left; I give the writers big points for finally addressing that problem.  Tons of blood and exploding vampires, too, if that's your thing.  3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2010, 01:17:04 PM »

I saw The Wolfman.  It was alright.  Good gore and such, good makeup design.  The main storyline stuff is just kind of meh. 

The original is far superior.  Hardly surprising though.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2010, 01:07:18 PM »

UP IN THE AIR: George Clooney plays a professional ax-man for hire, spending his life traveling around the country hoarding frequent flyer miles, living out of  airports and hotels.  Beautifully acted drama that addresses the contemporary fears of how technology may undermine human connectedness, as well as universal themes of freedom versus commitment.  Definitely one of the better movies of 2009.  4.5/5. 

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2010, 07:18:14 PM »

Psycho (1960)- the local theatre was showing Psycho as a classic movie. this is awesome!

yeah no.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2010, 01:18:17 AM »

I just saw The Book of Eli. It's pretty good allthough, I think it could have been better. Its definitaly worth a shot if your looking for a decent post-apocaylpse film.
Cthulhu

« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2010, 09:30:02 AM »

I just saw The Book of Eli. It's pretty good allthough, I think it could have been better. Its definitaly worth a shot if your looking for a decent post-apocaylpse film.
I think pretty much the same.
The action was good, but I found it to be a little too preachy...
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2010, 01:48:26 PM »

Last night, I saw Legion.

It was what I expected: some good parts but mostly just... typical.

Also some of the supposedly scary parts just seemed like something out of youtube.
That is really the best way to describe it.

I really liked the idea though.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
flackbait

« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2010, 10:21:45 AM »

I just saw The Book of Eli. It's pretty good allthough, I think it could have been better. Its definitely worth a shot if your looking for a decent post-apocaylpse film.
I'll admit it definitely is preachy, but I don't think it was really religious zealotry. I endure more preachiness from my Baptist Aunt!
Cthulhu

« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2010, 02:47:24 PM »

I just saw The Book of Eli. It's pretty good allthough, I think it could have been better. Its definitely worth a shot if your looking for a decent post-apocaylpse film.
I'll admit it definitely is preachy, but I don't think it was really religious zealotry. I endure more preachiness from my Baptist Aunt!
I didn't say that it was religious zealotry...just a little too preachy.
flackbait

« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2010, 07:04:25 PM »

Sorry, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I kinda wrote that when I was a little tipsy.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2010, 01:04:28 PM »

AVATAR: A paraplegic Marine enters a alien body via telepathic link and goes native on a fantastic forest world, where the innocent forest people teach him the lesson nature=good, military/industrial complex = bad.  Excellent when it focuses on fantastic CGI vistas and action sequences, but kept at a distance from greatness by a derivative plot, hamfisted cliches, and a terminal case of the preachies.  4/5.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2010, 01:49:02 PM »

AVATAR: A paraplegic Marine enters a alien body via telepathic link and goes native on a fantastic forest world, where the innocent forest people teach him the lesson nature=good, military/industrial complex = bad.  Excellent when it focuses on fantastic CGI vistas and action sequences, but kept at a distance from greatness by a derivative plot, hamfisted cliches, and a terminal case of the preachies.  4/5.

And yet you gave it a 4/5? the CGI and action sequences must really have rocked.  TeddyR

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2010, 12:15:43 PM »

And yet you gave it a 4/5? the CGI and action sequences must really have rocked.  TeddyR

Yeah, I thought they did.  It really could have been a classic popcorn movie if not for the distracting preaching by Cameron.  Heck, even my super-liberal friend hated the movie because he thought it was too much.  But the effects and art design really are something to see.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2010, 12:24:25 PM »

THE WHITE RIBBON [DAS WEISSE BAND] (2009): A doctor's horse is tripped by a wire strung between two trees, and other "accidents" start happening around a German village on the eve of WWI.  We get to know the villagers and their sordid secrets quite well in 2.5 hours, but not the solution to the mystery.  Well acted and crafted but a bit obscure, both in plot and purpose. The Cannes Palme D'or Winner (shouldn't have been, in my view). 4/5. 

Cthulhu

« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2010, 03:12:30 PM »

Sorry, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I kinda wrote that when I was a little tipsy.
Hey, no problem at all.
We're cool. TeddyR Cheers
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 78
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent theatrical viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.