Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:38:25 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent theatrical viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 78
Author Topic: Recent theatrical viewings  (Read 615683 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1050 on: September 21, 2022, 08:57:21 AM »

GOODBYE, DON GLEES! (2021): Misfit Japanese teenagers in a private club called "Don Glees" go on one final adventure to find a lost drone, as age and circumstance seem to be pulling them in different directions. Animated coming-of-age tale set at that desperate time when boys want to cling to the comforts of childhood just as they are being confronted with the necessity to make more important and consequential decisions. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1051 on: September 28, 2022, 09:03:29 AM »

ANVIL! THE STORY OF ANVIL (2008): Now in their fifties, members of the 80s metal band Anvil are still plugging away, going on tour and recording albums while working day jobs, looking for their big break. "Real life SPINAL TAP" is the go-to description, and during their disastrous European tour under a manager who barely speaks English it's perfectly accurate; the difference is that, although the movie is frequently amusing, Anvil's resilience is inspirational, not the butt of a joke. 3.5/5.

Pretty sure FastFreddysCat has seen this. I thought it was a new release; it wasn't until I was in my seat that I realized it was an older movie. So it was kind of luck that I saw this at all, since I never would have picked it for myself, but I enjoyed it.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1052 on: October 04, 2022, 08:53:01 AM »

BROS: An angry podcaster who's developing a Museum of LGBTQ+ history in NYC falls for a macho lawyer who uses steroids and likes Garth Brooks. A film created to address the issue of gay people not seeing themselves represented onscreen in predictable, mediocre, raunchy romcoms. 2.5/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1053 on: October 12, 2022, 08:50:09 AM »

THE WOMAN KING (2022): Based in fact (though not on a true story) story of Nanisca, a brilliant tactician and counselor to the king of Dahoney in the 19th century, who leads an all-female squad in battles against the Oyo empire who are allied with Portuguese slavers. "Viola Davis, action hero" is a phrase I never thought I'd see in print, but she makes it work in this Afrofeminist epic with moral quandaries and well-done battle scenes. 3/5.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1054 on: October 12, 2022, 10:28:15 AM »

THE WOMAN KING (2022): Based in fact (though not on a true story) story of Nanisca, a brilliant tactician and counselor to the king of Dahoney in the 19th century, who leads an all-female squad in battles against the Oyo empire who are allied with Portuguese slavers. "Viola Davis, action hero" is a phrase I never thought I'd see in print, but she makes it work in this Afrofeminist epic with moral quandaries and well-done battle scenes. 3/5.

I believe this was shot in South Africa.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1055 on: October 18, 2022, 08:50:41 AM »

MOONAGE DAYDREAM: A moonage montage showcasing the work of David Bowie, with previously unseen concert footage, vintage interviews, and Bowie's own reflections on his artistic process. Director Brett Morgan embraces Bowie's aesthetic of chaos and paces the film like he's found the Thin White Duke's private coke stash, filling the screen with overlapping images of concert footage, film clips, ephemera, and psychedelia, cramming four hours of visuals into two hours of movie; it's an impressive audiovisual assault, although it can be overwhelming at times. If I have one complaint, it's that it can be TOO fast-paced; after an hour, I felt like I'd already seen two hours of material. Glad I saw it on the big screen in the theater; I wonder if I should regret seeing it sober, though. 4/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1056 on: November 02, 2022, 08:51:02 AM »

PLEASE BABY PLEASE: A gender-bending leather gang awaken unfamiliar desires in a beatnik couple. This queer (in every sense) movie answers the question of what might happen if the characters from "Scorpio Rising" took over a production of "West Side Story"; Andrea Risenborough, as the wife who keeps getting crazier and more masculine as the movie progresses, bases her performance on "how would Nic Cage play this scene?" Certainly not for everyone! 3/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1057 on: November 11, 2022, 10:15:21 AM »

TILL: Mamie Till-Bradley fights for justice after her 14-year old son Emmett is tortured and murdered for whistling at a white woman in 1955 Mississippi. Well-made, good-for-you cinema that takes few risks, choosing instead to ride Danielle Deadwyler's assured performance as the grieving mother turned civil rights warrior. 3/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1058 on: November 15, 2022, 09:51:50 AM »

THE BANSHEES OF INISHERIN: Colm abruptly decides he no longer wants to be friends with Pádraic, leading to a cascading series of tragedies. Set on an island of a few hundred people during the Irish Civil War, the script wrings the maximum consequence and the darkest humor from the simple premise; it's an acting masterclass with Colin Firth, Brendan Gleeson, Barry Keoghan, and Kerry Condon. 4.5/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1059 on: December 01, 2022, 09:56:00 AM »

THE FABELMANS: Young Stephen Spielberg Sam pursues his passion for filmmaking while growing up Jewish and dealing with his parents marital difficulties, frequent moves, and anti-Semitic bullies. At 2.5 hours, it could have been tighter, but Spielberg is incapable of making a bad movie, and this one has enough great scenes (Michelle Williams dancing in a nightgown, Sam's first kiss with a Jesus freak, David Lynch's amazing cameo) to forgive any slow patches. 3.5/5.

Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #1060 on: December 02, 2022, 02:34:16 AM »

THE FABELMANS: Young Stephen Spielberg Sam pursues his passion for filmmaking while growing up Jewish and dealing with his parents marital difficulties, frequent moves, and anti-Semitic bullies. At 2.5 hours, it could have been tighter, but Spielberg is incapable of making a bad movie, and this one has enough great scenes (Michelle Williams dancing in a nightgown, Sam's first kiss with a Jesus freak, David Lynch's amazing cameo) to forgive any slow patches. 3.5/5.

He's made some duds. Only 2 of the 4 IJ movies were good,

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1061 on: December 02, 2022, 12:04:23 PM »

He's made some duds. Only 2 of the 4 IJ movies were good,

True enough, I exaggerated. I actually liked all the first 3 IJ's, but I never saw the fourth one and I heard it was pretty bad.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1062 on: December 02, 2022, 01:10:35 PM »

True enough, I exaggerated. I actually liked all the first 3 IJ's, but I never saw the fourth one and I heard it was pretty bad.

That is a good choice to make. I thought the first 3 were fun and enjoyable.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1063 on: December 08, 2022, 10:22:22 AM »

THE MENU: Twelve guests, including a skeptical Anya Taylor-Joy, dine on an island with an ultra-exclusive restaurant run by a stern and eccentric chef (Ralph Fiennes) whose meals are equal parts haute cuisine and performance art; will this be their last meal? A rare, tasty thriller with a savory cast and a light sprinkling of satire. 48/5. 

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1064 on: December 08, 2022, 09:55:30 PM »

That is a good choice to make. I thought the first 3 were fun and enjoyable.

I still say that CRYSTAL SKULL was better than TEMPLE OF DOOM.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 78
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent theatrical viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.