Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:17:46 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Helpful Programs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Helpful Programs  (Read 3740 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: January 26, 2009, 10:01:45 PM »

Everyone can always use a program that helps you out and makes life just a little bit easier.
I've got one for you...

Ever get sick of typing in your screen name and passwords on all the sites you regularly visit?
I do. 
It can be such a pain.
Check out ROBOFORM.

I've been using it for a few years and couldn't imagine using my computer without it.
It "automates password entering and form filling".

Instead of manually entering your screen name and password, you just save it to Roboform.
Then, the next time you go to that site, you just enter a couple of mouse clicks and it logs you in automatically.
All of your password and screen name information is saved in the program.

Now, some of you may be wondering about security.  That was one of my first concerns when I started using it.
Roboform is very secure and all of your info and passwords can be password protected.  It also has a password generator if you need one.
Also, when you go to websites where you need to fill out your personal info such as name, address, birthdate, phone number, e-mail address and yes, even your social security number, Roboform can do all of that for you.
And it all can be password protected.

It's a fairly easy to use program that runs in the background. (it can also be shut off if you want) 
Every now and then, you'll come across websites where there are sections for you to enter personal info or a screen name and password.  When this happens, Roboform will prompt you to fill in the empty info boxes.
If you don't want this to happen, you can deny it and Roboform will create a file that tells it that you never want it to prompt you for info on that site ever again.

Roboform is free. 
The free version stores up to 10 websites for you.
For example:  Going to ebay even though you're not on that site?
Just right-click the Roboform icon in your tray and select ebay.
It'll open up a new tab and instantly log you in.
There you go!

Whenever I use a friend's computer, I always find myself going for that Roboform icon when I visit certain sites and it's not there.
I couldn't imagine my computer without it.

Roboform official site:
http://www.roboform.com/

How about you?
Know of any helpful programs?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:05:42 PM by Ash » Logged
Doctor Menard
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 11:13:50 PM »

Firefox has a similar feature built into it.

I just double click on an entry field and am presented with a list of entries and just click on the one I want to enter. That how I post on this forum, rather than having to type in my user name and email all the time.

I never use the password saving feature.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 11:41:11 PM »

Firefox has a similar feature built into it.

I just double click on an entry field and am presented with a list of entries and just click on the one I want to enter. That how I post on this forum, rather than having to type in my user name and email all the time.

I never use the password saving feature.

Yep built into Firefox, I save harmless passwords like forums and groups, but banking, shopping, etc I never save.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 12:03:14 AM »

For the critical stuff I use 'Keepass'. It's a secure password vault that also will generate passwords for you. It's also a portable app, so you can take it on a thumbdrive if needed.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 01:29:17 AM »

A program that I love is Spybot. It's free and one of the best tools I ever found for removing spyware. you can get it from download.com. It's great at finding and removing spyware and adware.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Doctor Menard
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 06:18:35 AM »

A program that I love is Spybot. It's free and one of the best tools I ever found for removing spyware. you can get it from download.com. It's great at finding and removing spyware and adware.

One of the best active spyware tools (though not specifically spyware) that I use, and is the first program I will install on any computer I am using that accesses the internet, is Winpatrol. It keeps an eye on your startup, file associations, and a bunch of other stuff, that lets you know if something is trying to change in your system and you have the opportunity to stop it. It uses few resources and is freeware.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 06:30:58 AM »

TeddyR I love the way on the www.winpatrol.com site they reassure their users that their software is free by saying:

Yes, WinPatrol really is FREE thanks to the support of those people who upgrade to WinPatrol PLUS. No toolbars or other crap included.

TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 11:46:49 AM »

VirtualDub is a great free program for editing or transcoding .AVI files.

Uranium Backup and Cobain Backup are great for backing up you files, locally or on a network. Uranium is very feature-rich, but the free version lacks FTP backup ability. Cobain seem to have less features, but will backup to FTP. They're both free.

RealVNC is a good free program for remotely controlling another networked computer. I use it for my file server so I never need to connect a keyboard or monitor.

Easy Thumbnails is a good free program for creating thumbnails of batches of images.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:48:51 AM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 04:21:06 PM »

For the critical stuff I use 'Keepass'. It's a secure password vault that also will generate passwords for you. It's also a portable app, so you can take it on a thumbdrive if needed.

Hmmm...
I might have to check that one out.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »

Norton security has that.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 06:45:15 PM »

I second Spybot.  Everyone should have a copy.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Helpful Programs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.