Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:22:02 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  disgusting homeless people in libraries « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: disgusting homeless people in libraries  (Read 21230 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 04:40:48 PM »

if you guys ever spot me homeless in a library pickin my nose, please offer to buy my lunch

because i likely would hang out at the library. Most people released from jail are dropped off on the corner with no place to go which is why most homeless people are in the downtown area. The library is quiet and welcomes everyone. Now at least if I am homeless I can still get on the internet and post on badmovies  Thumbup

You're our kinda girl, Susan  Wink

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Susan
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 04:41:10 PM »

no amount of woe gives you the right to pick your nose like that.  no amount of money would excuse it either.  it's basic human decency

i think there's something in the declaration of independence about the pursuit of happiness which says i can ;-)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 04:45:42 PM by Susan » Logged
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 05:15:43 PM »

Small | Large
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 06:21:33 PM »

tomoroww I'm gonna tell him what fer
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 06:39:05 PM »

Its obvious people would relate to your post more Lester if the "homeless" thing wasn't involved.   In my experience, I've seen equal to worse behavior in libraries from those with homes.   In my local library its high school kids talking, laughing and giggling that gets to me.  I have to say you're right on the ethical behavior (regardless of social situation) topic in public places.  Keep the snots out of our libraries. 

if you guys ever spot me homeless in a library pickin my nose, please offer to buy my lunch
I'd buy you lunch Susan even if you weren't pickin' your nose.   BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »

Starting back in the 70's and 80's it was decided by the  TPTB, that all those state run mental facilities were inhumane and were just warehousing the mentally ill.

So, what did they do about? They shut them all down and turned all those folks into the street, then TPTB decided homelessness was a problem.

Anyway if the guy is that disgusting, can't you just avoid him?

The real heartbreaking part is that a lot of those homeless guys are veterans.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Susan
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 07:36:15 PM »

sad that especially young people think it's ok to treat homeless like trash. You always hear stories of kids and teens beating them up and killing them, because they figure nobody cares.

The sad thing is i doubt most of them are on the street because they're a drunk, but if you had to live on the street and had nowhere to go, wouldn't  you turn to alcohol too?

anyhow, homeless or not we're all people. I agree with what someone said above, teenagers can be more obnioxious than anyone in public. nose-picking i can turn a blind eye to. Screaming kids i can't. I think people get defensive about the homeless because we are in a position of power, we have the power to either be cruel or to be empathetic towards those who are in a vulnerable situation.

Small | Large

and don't mess with texas ;-)
BTM

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 08:43:51 PM »

I try to be compassionate about those less fortunate, course, reports like this make me cynical...

Small | Large

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Susan
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 08:55:30 PM »

it's not easy as that getting an alcoholic to stop drinking. most people who smoke can't stop smoking or people who eat can't stay on a diet.

Did they stop to really talk to most of the people to see what their story was, their background, their life, how they got to where they are and why they drink? Lots of alcoholics are that way because of depression and trauma and self loathing, it's a way to escape the reality of what their life has become

We're always going to have the homeless. I'm not going to lay judgement because there are those who truly take advantage. And by take advantage I don't mean they show up at shelters to eat food and sleep.  Those are basic necessities, and maybe they know they couldn't last a job because they are alcoholics and they would be setting themself up for failure because they don't have self esteem. Who the hell knows. But I will say there are leeches in society, granted. But to me I'm more disgusted not with a homeless man who just doesn't want to work because of 'unknown' reasons and lives on the street and gets free food. I can't tolerate people who have a job but mooch off of others, live with someone, don't help with bills or rent and take money from friends and family for stupi stuff like buying themself some movies or games. Or those who have a home but stay on welfare simply cause they don't wanna work. These are people with no excuse, they're able, have opportunity, a place of residence and likely healthy.

But there's one idiot in my city who was begging on streetcorners and it turned out he was an unemployed guy living in a house with his mother. Now that guy deserved a good public whipping
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:03:15 PM by Susan » Logged
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 09:24:43 PM »

I try to be compassionate about those less fortunate, course, reports like this make me cynical...

Yea, crap like that is disgusting. We do have alot of freeloaders, in the U.S.anyways. We have them homeless, I encountered many in the Army, we even have people that would rather be in prison than have to put a life together on their own. BUT, I've been to Bean's Cafe in Anchorage, and I would bet WAY less than 20% of the people there are like the freeloaders in that clip. There are some seriously F-ed up people on the streets, and not just drugs and alcohol. FAS is a huge cause in Alaska, I see it all the time.

One thing that is seldom addressed is something I've encountered quite a bit in Alaska, and that's people that have serious personality disorders or something of the sort. I have met TONS of people who can't get or keep a job because they have a personality that others just can't deal with. Clinicians can easily differentiate between mental illness and personality disorder, and it seems there's much more of the later, , but, how is it dealt with? It's probably more prevalent in AK because of the screwed up family systems that seem to be everywhere, the isolation in small villages where the morals and value systems are sheltered from normalcy.

All in all though, I agree with the guy running the shelter in the clip: Either go by a set of rules that is geared towards integrating you back into society, or GTFO. The mentally ill need to be helped, as do the physically disabled, but the lazy need to stay out on the streets or dropped off on an island where they can fend for themselves. The problem is, nobody wants to pay for doing these things, the best that happens is they pay one person $12.00/hr to decide who is worthy of help and who is not for an entire city, so either many who truly need help are left to the streets, or a bunch of lazy buttheads get handouts. It's a tough one,

BTW, just for the record, after smoking for 20+ years and quitting 100% on the first try, I can tell you that quitting isn't that hard. You just have to have a system. 4+ years since my last smoke, which is the one I said was the last one, , no cheating here.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Susan
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 09:40:13 PM »

BTW, just for the record, after smoking for 20+ years and quitting 100% on the first try, I can tell you that quitting isn't that hard. You just have to have a system. 4+ years since my last smoke, which is the one I said was the last one, , no cheating here.

I smoked for over a decade and finally quit cold turkey and never had another smoke. I tried to quit a number of times and couldn't. The only thing that made me quit was i had an arythmia that scared the crap out of me. Quitting smoking wasn't really about the nicotine, it was about the habit. It became part of my life so long i felt naked without a smoke.

But alcohol is an entirely different animal

And you're right on the personality disorders as well as other mental issues. 20% of schizophrenics are homeless. And near that are those who are bi-polar
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 10:21:45 PM »

And you're right on the personality disorders as well as other mental issues. 20% of schizophrenics are homeless. And near that are those who are bi-polar

My cousin is a paranoid schizophrenic.  Although he's high-functioning and looks completely normal on the outside, he can't hold down a job because he has episodes where he "hears" his boss plotting to kill him, and he runs off the job in fear.

About a week ago he threw himself in front of a car in a pathetic suicide attempt because he wanted the hallucinations to stop.  He only succeeded in breaking his leg.

Obviously, no one in the family wants to take him in; he's a danger to himself and others.  If we can't find a place to take him in, he'll end up on the street.

If he does, I'll tell him to be sure he doesn't annoy anyone in the public library by picking his nose.   Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Raffine

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2009, 11:42:16 PM »

My cousin is a paranoid schizophrenic.

That's such a terrible disease. A good friend of my brother developed this right out of high school. He had been a star athlete and a great student, and had a very promising future. For years we'd occasionally hear from him and he was usually homeless. He dropped off the face of the earth years ago.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 06:45:15 AM »

I'm an alchoholic. I have recently been diagnosed as a manic depressive as well. The doctor thinks part of the reason I drink is self medication. Sometimes I get so depressed I don't even want to be awake. I just wanna sleep. My job has me running a machine (a 'magnetic can depallitizer' Lookingup which is basically a big magnet that picks up bunches of cans and sets them on a conveyer belt), so I work pretty much alone,except for my lift truck driver,who can't speak English. So I think...ALL DAY LONG. Some times I dwell on stuff so much I find myself going into 'panic attack' mode. My heart races and I get real nervous...like the end of the world is approaching or something. By the time I get out of work,I gotta have a drink to slow me down. And being an alki-I don't usually just have one drink. I'll drink a whole pint of whiskey. I need to go on meds,the doc says...but I worry about that too.
  Lester...you're going to find people that pick there noses,drunks,rude a44holes, bigots,snobs,slobs,morons,hoighty toighty types,junkies drunkies,loud mouths,paranoids-in ALL walks of life. The homless pick there nose in public-so what? There HOMLESS. They LIVE in public. They have to walk around all day smelling like sh!t in public! The deal with the rest of the human race looking at them as walking trash...less than human! Would YOU give a flying f#ck what some well off shmuck thouht of you picking your nose when people treat you like an animal on a daily basis?  I've seen people SPIT on homless people-IN PUBLIC. THAT's RUDE!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 08:01:03 PM »

regular people have sense enough not to be so gross.  the guy who just sat down next to me smells like a saloon.  I'm leaving before I barf.
Obviously, Lester, you don't commute.  I don't anymore either, but I used to and I can't tell you the number of people I used to see on the roads..., uh, well you get the idea...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  disgusting homeless people in libraries « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.