Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:37:22 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ICE STORM « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: ICE STORM  (Read 15683 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2009, 08:58:58 PM »

Live from the ICE BUNKER via gas powered internet ... it's CHEEZE!

After a road trip I have food, I have water, I have gas and only took a day to get it. They say our power will be out for 30 days or more. I'm sending the family outta here and I'm going to be Jeremiah Johnson hell I don't even know what day it is. I'll post pictures when I get time when the power is back on which could be awhile.

Short is we got SLAMMED ... I have a train load of limbs, trees etc down the big melt was today and I was dodging huge icicles while cutting wood now I'm drying the wood by the fire. I've lost all my fish in the aquariums, dogs are fine. Can't find D batteries.

I've heard that this area I'm in was the hardest hit of the entire storm ... looking around I believe it. The power company I'm with has 100% outage there are main transmission line down in the TN River coming from KY Lake dam, there are 2500 or more busted telephone poles there are lines down everywhere.

On a up note at night the sky is so cool there are no lights anywhere in my area except mine when I run the generator ... and to look up at the universe reminds me of the desert where the sky star where so bright.

Ok gotta kill the power will catch in as I can now I need to put Netflix on hold, no need in getting movies if I can't watch them.

Later kids ... sadly for some, I'm ok. Buggedout 

Susan
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2009, 09:32:48 PM »

Glad to hear your hunkering down and weathering the storm. Just think back in the old days that's just what they had to do. Well unless it was the donner party..

Good thing you got food, be sure to always keep at least a months worth of food in the house at least of canned food and bags of rice and stuff.

And bury those dog bones before someone finds out
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 08:56:16 AM »

Cheeseflixz, do you have somewhere warm to go when it gets you down? I don't mind cold and all, but I need a little relief sometimes. We had an ice storm in MD that knocked our heat out for 5 days, but we gave up after 3 and took the kids to a motel. I can't imagine getting through 30 without going nuts.

I was most worried about the tropical fish I had to leave behind obviously, but they seemed to do fine. Didn't lose one.

Hope you're doing OK.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 09:05:33 AM »

Hey Cheeze, good to hear you got out and got some supplies!  I think you're too darned ornery to let any old storm beat ya  TeddyR  If the power's going to be out for 30 days, you might want to keep an eye on your neighbors - they'll probably be banding together and forming raiding parties and stuff.  Might wanna keep your rifle handy  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 11:33:14 AM »

There is a sign on my doors that says "Occupied and Armed" in small print it says, "I will shoot you and I'm an excellent shot."

I'm burning wood and drying it out by the fire so I'm keeping the house about 60. I had a lot of food but most required cooking and I'm low in propane and can't find any. I can cook over the fire so that's not a big issue ... but if I had propane I could fire up the furnace. So I went out and got cases of ravioli, pop tarts, chips, cereal, energy bars and all that crap. 5 cases of bottled water and some clean in reserve. Everything in our area that works is on generator, TV, radio, internet, water, EM services, etc ...

Well have a look here ... http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/default.aspx
Graves County:

Graves 3:30/1-30-09...........EOC- 1-270-856-1020

100% without power,

Shelter: Graves County High school, food and shelter 490 people in the shelter

Water--please conserve water and boil if you can

Food--Wal-mart is letting people in a few at a time. No other restaurants or stores are open at this time for food

Fuel---a few stations have been open, but not for long. So, it is too hard to give a specific location. NO KEROSENE OR PROPANE

Banks: 1st Kentucky and FNB with both try to be open Saturday.

Pharmacies: Stones, Apothecary, Duncans, and Gibsons are all open.

HOSPITAL: OPEN AND RUNNING ON GENERATOR

So there you have it and I have yet to see glorious new leader here helping the elderly and poor ... some folk have no water, no heat, no food nothing ... if it gets real cold it could be really bad for some folks.

I'll spend all day cutting wood and getting the family out of here, I'm sending them to my Dad's he has power and is about 2 hours away ... no need for everyone to stay here and it's getting a little cabin fever-ish ... you think I'm cranky normally ... you haven't seen anything, I can tell I'm going to bite heads off real soon. But to there credit they've not really complained about it, a few assorted comments.

I'm in survival mode so I don't want a long story just get to the damn point ... and I have a family that takes the long way around that barn to get the point I'm ... JUST GET TO THE FREAKING POINT, PLEASE!!!

Oh just had to help unload two more generators for the neighbors down the road ... after Ike and this I think I'm going to put in a 20,000 watt diesel or propane hardwired into the house, power goes out to much anymore. Down side is they are expensive to buy and run.

So the joke here how many MPG does your TV/Internet get? Mine about 1.5 gallons a hour. So I only run it about 4 or 5 hours a day.

OK kid thanks for the kind words, got to power down and go cut more wood .... I'm so excited. Lookingup

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 09:25:05 PM »

Cheeze, stay safe & warm.  Hope you don't hurt your back while chopping wood, or sprain your trigger finger shooting at looters. Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 09:31:47 AM »

Cheeze, stay safe & warm.  Hope you don't hurt your back while chopping wood, or sprain your trigger finger shooting at looters. Wink

Chopping? Chainsaw brother ... and a gas splitter I have got a few 100 gallons of gas so I'm good, I'm cold a sh!t right now a let the fire go out so the chimney could cool down.

I heard that some folks have had there generator stolen and that the WKTV (TV, Internet, Phone has had a few of theirs' stolen that they have out on the county to keep it up, mine comes and goes so I guess they've had the one keeping our area up stolen, I see anyone do trying I will shoot them then I'll yell STOP.

You in KY you know how things work.

OK gotta go get warm now  and build a fire it's 48 in here.

Pilgermann

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 06:43:25 PM »

Hope things are going well for Cheeze and anyone else without power and whatnot.  Mine came back on Friday afternoon to my surprise, so I feel very lucky.  I've got quite a few large tree limbs in the back yard, a couple of which did some fence damage, and it looks like those that did it were from neighbor's trees.  I'll be spending the next couple o' days doing some sawing, hooray!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 11:42:22 PM »

Chopping? Chainsaw brother ... and a gas splitter I have got a few 100 gallons of gas so I'm good, I'm cold a sh!t right now a let the fire go out so the chimney could cool down.

I heard that some folks have had there generator stolen and that the WKTV (TV, Internet, Phone has had a few of theirs' stolen that they have out on the county to keep it up, mine comes and goes so I guess they've had the one keeping our area up stolen, I see anyone do trying I will shoot them then I'll yell STOP.

You in KY you know how things work.

OK gotta go get warm now  and build a fire it's 48 in here.

I just thought of something... do you have enough Maker's to last the whole month?  I'm sure you stored cases of the stuff when you were stockpiling for the zombie apocalypse, but I'm afraid you may have dipped into your emergency reserves after the Obama election!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 07:53:50 AM »

Live from the ICE BUNKER via gas powered internet ... it's CHEEZE!
Later kids ... sadly for some, I'm ok. Buggedout 

Smile Glad to hear you're OK, Cheeze.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Raffine

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2009, 03:12:47 PM »

My heart bleeds for you, Cheeze.

Fortunately in Middle Tennessee we just missed the ice storm, but I've gone through several in the past.

Believe it or not, the worst one I've experienced was in North Alabama around 1984 or 85. We got a foot of ice and then a foot of snow on top of that. Many buildings simply collapsed because they were not built to withstand a fraction of that much ice. Power was off for about a week and I lost all the fish in my aquariums, including a prolific breeding pair of convict cichlids.     

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2009, 09:57:04 PM »

I just thought of something... do you have enough Maker's to last the whole month?  I'm sure you stored cases of the stuff when you were stockpiling for the zombie apocalypse, but I'm afraid you may have dipped into your emergency reserves after the Obama election!

I know this will shock you, one of my buddies owns a liquor store I can get it anytime day or night ... regardless of the sales law.

My power is still out, still running on generator jeez that things drinks more that anyone I know! About a 1.5 gallons an hour. Finally got a propane delivery and filled the tank up ... don't ask what that cost not even Makers will make the pain go away. BUT I could boil water and finally get a hot bath, cold pit baths wasn't cutting it.

I've cut wood for a week and I haven't put a dent in it yet.

Here's a couple of ice images ...

The paper box

Front Yard

Power Pole about to snap

Side Yard

edit image link repaired.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:41:28 PM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2009, 11:21:41 PM »

Well I hate winter and the ice is a pain, but those are beautiful pics.  This is your property?  How many acres do you have?  I've been reading about your wood cutting, and, knowing you, knew you'd handle the situation as necessary.  The storm in Kentucky has been in the news for days; you're in my thoughts.   Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Torgo

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 11:23:08 PM »

Back in the early 90's in southwest VA (might have been in the tale end of the 80's, my memory is a little foggy), we got hit with a particularly nasty ice storm. From what I remember we got about a solid 4 inches of nothing but ice.  I was out of school for the entire week. It didn't get out of the teens and twenties the entire week. Where I grew up at, we lived at the base of a mountain.

I remember just standing outside and listening to all of the limbs cracking and breaking up in the woods. It was so unbelievably noisy that I had trouble getting to sleep at night it was so damn loud.  

I love snow and can deal with snow just fine but ice is completely different matter.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 11:41:49 PM »

Hang in there,man! But I'm not too worried about you,yer tuff as nails! Kentuckians made this country. Bless you-

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ICE STORM « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.