Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:30:04 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Just Taught My Cat... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I Just Taught My Cat...  (Read 9243 times)
Susan
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 10:52:30 PM »

when i used to smoke my cat used to pull my cigareetes out of my coat pocket when i wasn't there and open the box and try to eat them. I don't know what it was in there but she acted high if she smelled a fresh unlit cigarette
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 09:08:53 PM »

when i used to smoke my cat used to pull my cigareetes out of my coat pocket when i wasn't there and open the box and try to eat them. I don't know what it was in there but she acted high if she smelled a fresh unlit cigarette

Are you smoking catnip cigarettes, by any chance?   Wink

Speaking of catnip, I've never owned a cat (I'm terribly allergic to them) but I've heard stories about this stuff.  Anyone ever treat their cats to any, and if so what were the results?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Susan
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 09:38:26 PM »

Speaking of catnip, I've never owned a cat (I'm terribly allergic to them) but I've heard stories about this stuff.  Anyone ever treat their cats to any, and if so what were the results?

catnip never worked on either of my cats. I read that reaction to it is hereditary and not all cats are affected by it. My other cat would step over catnip to lick and chew on my cigarettes. The one i have now could care less, i bought a giant canister of it and when i sprinkle it around, put her toy in it or stuff it inside of a sock she looks at it indifferently and walks off.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 07:11:02 AM »

catnip never worked on either of my cats. I read that reaction to it is hereditary and not all cats are affected by it. My other cat would step over catnip to lick and chew on my cigarettes. The one i have now could care less, i bought a giant canister of it and when i sprinkle it around, put her toy in it or stuff it inside of a sock she looks at it indifferently and walks off.

My mom's cat went nuts the first time he had catnip! He was diving all over the place and looked stoned. Most of the time he is really lazy and doesn't play at all. But, after the first time, he wasn't interested in it and it had no effect.  Question

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 08:19:29 AM »

Here's my cat Scooter enjoying a little catnip  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 02:48:55 PM »

Currently we got 12 cats in my house. We're waiting on the youngest to be weened so we can get rid of most of them to the local animal shelter. How we ended up with 12 is cause the a friend of my wife gave us two with the assurance that both were female. Well they weren't and we now have a house full of cats.
Thing is the cats seem to know that we are fixing to clear all but two of them out. They even seem to be trying to learn job skills. One is learning about plumbing by following my wife into the bathroom all the time. Another is learning about electrical wiring by unplugging my television while another is learning home decor by shredding my blinds. And I even got one who wants to work for computer tech support by destroying my keyboard.
However their best skill is sanitation engineering reversal. They aret he best I have ever seen and scattering trash, food, dirt. and whatever else they can across a home as quickly as possible.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 11:58:45 AM »

My mom's cat went nuts the first time he had catnip! He was diving all over the place and looked stoned. Most of the time he is really lazy and doesn't play at all. But, after the first time, he wasn't interested in it and it had no effect.  Question
According to the Wikipedia, it takes some time after an exposure to catnip for an effected cat to be able to feel the effects again. Kinda weird.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 03:57:13 PM »

Cats are awesome.

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 09:54:57 PM »

I lost my little girl, my little old kitty cat, on April 25 (same day Bea Arthur died).  I love my kookoohead and miss her: 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Javakoala
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 10:41:24 PM »

I lost my little girl, my little old kitty cat, on April 25 (same day Bea Arthur died).  I love my kookoohead and miss her: 

I'm sorry for your loss.

We had a cat. Made the mistake of having her declawed and she just gave up all  hope and died. We were doing it so we could let her out of the bathroom where she stayed because she tore EVERYTHING up with her claws and we weren't home enough to train her. We killed that cat out of good intentions, but we killed her all the same. I love cats, but I don't think I can have another one after her. I still cry when I think about that cat.
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 11:09:52 PM »

While my sister was doing pharmacy rotations prior to earning her degree her cat Morgan - my avatar kitty - stayed with me for about five months.  Long enough for her to adopt me as her human uncle.  Once my sister graduated and moved to St. Louis Morgan went with her.  I miss Morgan and think about her almost every day.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 06:47:31 AM »

You have my sympathies.  I know how hard it can be to lose a kitty.  Our last cat, Pooh, got to be about 18 years old and got arthritis so bad that on her last day, she couldn't even move any more.  We had to have her put to sleep.  Saddest day of my life.

Speaking of declawing, we got our cat Scooter from the animal shelter, and didn't even realize he was declawed until a couple of days later.  He's got a fantastic disposition, and it doesn't seem to bother him at all.  I'd NEVER have that done to a cat, but since it already was done, well, it's pretty nice that he doesn't destroy anything  TeddyR  He's strictly an indoor cat, so he doesn't need to defend himself. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 05:44:45 PM »

You have my sympathies.  I know how hard it can be to lose a kitty.  Our last cat, Pooh, got to be about 18 years old and got arthritis so bad that on her last day, she couldn't even move any more.  We had to have her put to sleep.  Saddest day of my life.

Speaking of declawing, we got our cat Scooter from the animal shelter, and didn't even realize he was declawed until a couple of days later.  He's got a fantastic disposition, and it doesn't seem to bother him at all.  I'd NEVER have that done to a cat, but since it already was done, well, it's pretty nice that he doesn't destroy anything  TeddyR  He's strictly an indoor cat, so he doesn't need to defend himself. 
Cats that have been declawed need to be adopted too.   Smile  Leaving a cats claws in is the fair and logical thing to do if one chooses to adopt a cat.  Some cats are a problem with clawing, and adopters need to think about the downside of any pet ownership: for one thing, responsibility.  I had no significant clawing problem with my girl, my good girl.  My sweetheart. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2009, 06:07:15 AM »

Oh no!  Bluesad I'm so sorry.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Paquita

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2009, 10:03:11 AM »

Aw so sorry! 

I lost my cat Harold a couple years ago.  3 weeks after taking him to the vet with a $500 bill and being told he was perfectly healthy for his age when he clearly wasn't.  He was the most cuddly loving cat ever - he peed on my face once, and often peed on the bed, but he had a pee problem so I couldn't get too mad.  I'll always have cats.  I still have 6 cats and they're all special in their own stupid way.

Declawing is supposed to be one of the worst things you can do to a cat, but the word is if you get it done early, the cat won't miss them.  All my stupid cats have all their stupid claws and use them to the fullest potential.  Cutting them actually works though.  And I did try those plastic nail caps which are better, but they don't always stay on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Just Taught My Cat... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.