Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:25:29 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Does Anyone Know This Movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Anyone Know This Movie?  (Read 8323 times)
otcandace
New Visitor

« on: January 29, 2009, 12:37:15 AM »

I have been racking my brain and searching all over the place for a movie that I can't seem to get out of my head that I remember seeing when I was younger. I don't know the name of it, year it came out, etc. I think it was made in the late 80's or early 90's.

It may have been a sci-fi flick. It was set in outer space in the future. I vaguely remember a couple and their teenage kids (a boy and a girl) sitting down at the table and they were eating blue,yellow, futuristic type mashed up food. Later on in the movie, I remember the daughter being chased around the apartment by some man/bad guy who may have been trying to rape her or was after something/one of her parents. I know its not much to go on, but I was hoping someone might be able remember. Any help would be appreciated.
Dwight
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:09:04 AM »

Was it by any chance the robinson crusoe space movie with William hurt and the
girl with the weird pitched voice?
otcandace
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 07:36:25 PM »

You mean Robinson Crusoe on Mars from 1964?  No it was made later than that...From what I remember, the teenager had on an outfit that seemed like it could have been something straight outta back to the future II.  So I want to say late 80's early 90's the film probably came out. 
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 07:56:23 PM »

A common sci-fi movie searched for that might fit this is "Earth Star Voyager."  For some reason your description of the multicolored food brought that to mind, but the scene doesn't seem to match up.

I think that Dwight might have meant "Lost in Space" (1998).  The food and plot you mention could fit into that as well.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »

Drats! Beat me to it! I was thinking "Lost in Space" myself Andrew. I haven't seen it since it's theatrical release (boy did that movie suck) but it does have a family in space (the good ole Robinson clan), and I believe Dr. Smith tries a few disruptive tactics while onboard the Jupiter 2.

Here is the IMDB page for the film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120738/

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Dwight
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 06:33:52 PM »

Yes, I meant that one lost in space. The girl has the weirdest voice ever.
I wonder if thats her natural voice.

Dwight, treasuretrovevideo@live.com
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 09:21:15 PM »

"Inhumanoid" (1996) is another film worth investigating:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118856/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 04:48:04 AM »

Yes, I meant that one lost in space. The girl has the weirdest voice ever.
I wonder if thats her natural voice.

BounceGiggle That was a young Lacey Chabert. I think her voice WAS like that back in 1998, but its not now.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
otcandace
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 12:23:05 AM »

I check into the "Earth Star Voyager", but I doubt that's it either.  I remember there was some minor cursing in this movie. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.   TeddyR
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Does Anyone Know This Movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.