Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:09:17 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Buck and the Preacher (1972) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Buck and the Preacher (1972)  (Read 2347 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: January 29, 2009, 11:32:11 AM »

I don't know that there are many people who enjoy westerns less than I do.  i don't know why, I guess it just doesn't seem like much fun roughing it all the time.  My dad loves them, he reads Louis lamour books by the dozen.  but I'm always trying to expand my horizons and I have to say i liked this movie alot.  it 's a western but it is clearly choreagraphed to draw cheers and boos like a blaxploitation movie of the same era.  In fact, it's expertly crafted to appeal to both types of audiences right down to the wakka wakka guitars with those "doing doing doing" western sounding whatever they are things.  stars Sidney Poitier and Harry belafonte are fantastic and Cameron Mitchell is great as always as the ultra horrible racist villian he plays so well and so often.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:05:36 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
JJ80
Nutter Magnet
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »

I enjoyed this film when I saw it several years ago. It has to one of the VERY few westerns where a warparty of Indians actually rides to the rescue of a wagon train.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 11:39:36 AM »

So far i've seen two poitier movies: this and brother John and they were both really good
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:38:03 PM »

note: I was influenced to see this by this amazing song

Small | Large

Buck and the preacher - I Roy version
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 06:55:53 PM »

Haven't seen this one in quite while.  I did catch  "Take a Hard Ride" with Jim Brown, Fred Williamson, and Lee Van Cleef a couple of weeks ago.  I guess you could call the blaxplotation Westerns.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Buck and the Preacher (1972) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.