Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:33:03 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst films list... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Worst films list...  (Read 9646 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 02:48:26 PM »

Hmm... from the Worst List, I like Cat in the Hat, Kangaroo Jack, and Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector.

From the Dishonorable Mention List: Home Alone 3 (It is interestingly enough, my favorite because the traps as pretty clever) and The Tuxedo.

Most of them are comedies, but I found them enteraining.  Though many people would disagree with me.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 05:00:14 PM »

I think the dishonourable mentions are worse than the actuall 100.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 09:24:42 AM »

I'm glad DUNE made the list (I think it should be much closer to the top, though).  And where is Al Pacino's horrid REVOLUTION?  Did I miss it on the list?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Raffine

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 11:31:27 AM »

JAWS: THE REVENGE?

THE EXORCIST 2: THE HERETIC?

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Knarf Black XIV
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 12:39:19 PM »

Why the heck is Heaven's Gate on this list?  Sure it is waaaaaaay too long and was a historic box office failure that ruined Mr. Cimino's career, but there are hundred's of thousands of far worse movies out there.  For instance: at least 95% of everything released straight to video.
Doggett

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 12:50:13 PM »

JAWS: THE REVENGE?

THE EXORCIST 2: THE HERETIC?

I know it's madness!
A brilliant film like Striptease ( Wink) gets put in and a rubbish film like Frogs gets left out.  Question
It's a crazy world.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 11:33:59 PM »

Why the heck is Heaven's Gate on this list?  Sure it is waaaaaaay too long and was a historic box office failure that ruined Mr. Cimino's career, but there are hundred's of thousands of far worse movies out there.  For instance: at least 95% of everything released straight to video.

Oh, I'd gladly take my chances with any random direct-to-video release rather than watch HEAVEN'S GATE again.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 12:54:33 AM »

Let's see...

Howard the Duck
Maximum Overdrive
Jason X
Red Sonja
Nothing but Trouble
Dungeons and Dragons (puts up the shields)
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 03:07:32 PM »

By the numbers, I've seen . . . and if I liked it (What can I say? I like "bad" movies) it gets an asterisk by it.

32*
36*
46*
51*
54*
62*
64*
92*
100*

I think the list is a good one, up to #30, but after that . . . I think the board on this board can come up with a better one. One of the problems with these sort of lists, is that, and you'll notice, the only film listed made before 1976, is John Wayne's "The Conqueror," is that they are made by people who have little knowledge of film history, as they seldom watch anything made before the year they were born.

As for the dishonorable mentions, the less said about them the better. If you are going to list a film as being one of the worst 200 of all time, they should spell the title correctly. "Cocktale" is spelled "Cocktail." "Kazzam" is spelled "Kazaam," and "Corky Ramano" is spelled "Corky Romano."

As for "The Alamo," which one. There has been more then one movie with that title. And "The Blue Lagoon," I presume they mean the one with Brooke Shields, but there was an earlier film with the same title with Jean Simmons from 1949. As I said earlier, I seldom trust a list made by people who have litle knowledge of films.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 04:07:41 PM »

Sphere - really good movie, a bit too long, but nowhere near as bad as say, The Abyss

"It's a big world" Department: I'd say almost exactly the opposite. I avoided seeing the Abyss for a long time because the trailers marketed it as a horror movie for some bizarre reason. But it is actually one of the best sci-fi movies I've ever seen, definitely on my top-10 all-time favorite movie list.

Sphere - bad. Can't remember anything particularly redeeming about it.

Doggett

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 04:30:47 PM »

Oh, I'd gladly take my chances with any random direct-to-video release rather than watch HEAVEN'S GATE again.

Heavens Gate can't be that bad !!!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 06:45:15 PM »

Heavens Gate can't be that bad !!!

I think it is.  It's easily in the bottom 1/2 of 1% of all movies I've ever watched; I almost couldn't get through it, but I will NEVER let a bad movie defeat me!  Dreadfully dull and boring, confusing, and the murky cinematography makes it impossible to tell what's happening half the time.  I'd take my chances with a random DTV release.  At least there's a chance it might be something merely awful, not godawful!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 08:11:54 PM »

Obviously this guy doesn't watch z movies. PSYCHED by the 4-D WITCH. JOURNY to the CENTER of TIME (just thinking of that film makes me smile. Personally, I love that piece of crap,for all the BAD reasons),most of Larry Buchanan's or Andy Milligan's output,...oh...let's not forget Ray Dennis Steckler (RIP) Al Adamson,Fred Olen Ray,Jerry Warren,Phil Tucker,Ed Wood,,,etc,etc,etc,...this guy is an amatuer. I spit on his list. P-tooie!

Oh...ANACONDA,MAXINUM OVERDRIVE,BLOODSUCKING FREAKS...?!?! Easy targets for unknowledgable mainstream shmuck reviewers. This list is not for hardcore B-film fans. It's for people who think FREINDS is the best thing since sliced bread.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 10:31:54 AM »

Don't agree with some of the list.

Showgirls and Howard the Duck are bad, but not the worst out there.  HTD is so bad it's good, and with my opinion for Showgirls, if there every was a film that should get the MST3K treatment, it's this film.

Heaven's Gate is bad, I don't regret watching it, but I want the almost 4 hours of my life back.

Best of the Best is not that bad and should not be on that list.  While yes it's predictable at times, it is still really good.

Pearl Harbor should have been higher.

Santa Claus conquers the Martians is now a classic to me, and I will watch it every Christmas season from here on out.

Street Fighter should not be on either list.  Yea, it's bad, but that's what makes it so great.

Superman III should not be on either list.  It's a bit underrated overall.  I mean compared to the first two films it's bad, but still not that bad overall of a film.

Leonard Part 6, should be lower on the list.

The Happening should be added on that list, it sucked.

Knarf Black XIV
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 02:29:11 PM »

Hold up a tic.  I just re-glanced over this list and Pet Sematary gets a "dishonerable mention"?  That movie is halfway decent.  Plus it has Herman Munster getting his Achilles tendon severed. Woo-hoo.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst films list... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.