Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:55:43 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I've been able not to think about it until now. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: I've been able not to think about it until now.  (Read 13932 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 06:55:50 PM »

This would be the top reason for the hole in the ozone layer.  Susan killed most it with the hairspray used in this picture.    Bluesad
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:59:02 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 07:09:44 PM »

Susan
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 07:15:50 PM »

don't be talking s**t about aqua net. That stuff was like the holy grail for every hair band that ever was

That reminds of how we used to spray it on our boots or on the ground in the shape of an anarchy symbol or something and light it on fire. Poof. The funniest and stupidest thing we ever did was spray my friends jeans from seam to seam (ankle to thigh) during a party and set it on fire. Normally you can pat it out on your jeans because we did this all the time. But because of the long vertical strip she couldn't get it out and it was a moment of panic

the rest of us were just keeping our hair away from the flame
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 07:20:13 PM by Susan » Logged
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 07:19:10 PM »

ash, aqua net was the s**t in the 80's. That stuff was like the holy grail for every hair band that ever was

We don't get Aqua Net over here, so I use Elnett:

I need my hair cutting a bit, as it's almost impossible to back-comb and get a decent "big" look... Smile

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 07:22:55 PM »

At this point I wish I had the picture of me in my old Culture Club shirt.  Yes...I had a Culture Club shirt with Boy George's face on my chest.  I feel so icky now thinking about it.  I'll have to dig that picture up. 

My brother has a great one of him striking a model pose in his early 20s while wearing a "Choose Life" shirt.  I think he also had a shirt that said, "Frankie Says Relax". 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2009, 07:36:54 PM »

I can vividly remember dancing to Culture Club's "Karma Chameleon" at a school disco while wearing a Darth Vader dressing up costume.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2009, 08:21:32 PM »

...Remember shows like Family Ties...
Very fondly.  I like it better now than I did then (not that I've ever really watched it.)  Your '80s pic is hot;  I like it.   Cheers
Small | Large

I attended many great live shows in the 1980s: PRETENDERS (I was right out front...CHRISSIE HYNDE shrugged at me!!) STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN just weeks before he was killed, he opened for JOE COCKER, YES (reunion in the round) CULTURE CLUB...
(yeh, Darksider, I liked 'em too)  Lookingup  They're alright...  BounceGiggle 
... ERIC CLAPTON with MARK KNOPFLER, THE POLICE, PETER GABRIEL, PHIL COLLINS, U2, MIDNIGHT OIL, THOMPSON TWINS (BERLIN opened for them or did they open for EURYTHMICS?) STYX, HOWARD JONES, DAVID BOWIE, THOMAS DOLBY ... surprised I can remember as many we were usually behaving badly  Lookingup Drink

In the '80s it was still great to go to the ballpark to watch the PHILLIES at Veteran's Stadium or the METS at Shea Stadium (both teams usually playing each other or the PIRATES or the ASTROSYANKEE Stadium was a dream - easy to get to, family friendly, good seats at reasonable prices (not that the old timers then thought any of that...) I found YANKEE stadium by far the friendliest of the three... lots of good times.  And a few not so good... 
Cheers 

Back in the 80s I had all the records.  I used to cue my friends to say that I had "all the records" (yeh I was even then arrogantly certain of my great taste...)  Hatred  Lookingup  Drink  Wink
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 08:48:43 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2009, 11:21:50 PM »

I lent a cool jean jacket to somebody, covered with pinbacks and cool crap... it didn't come back...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2009, 01:52:20 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArbARCeam3I

What i loved about LIVE AID is with all the stars, nobody expected s**t from Queen. They weren't huge in the music scene as much as the late 70's.  Freddy knew he had the worlds attention, the whole world was watching LIVE in front of a huge crowd and he truly fed off of that energy. Freddy went out there and kicked everyones ass

Live Aid was a unique event. I remember watching as much of it as possible when it came on and you're right, Freddy Mercury and Queen was at their best. I remember when hearing about Bob Geldof creating, my first thought was, "The guy who shaved off his nipples in The Wall is doing a global concert?"

I did find a link that might be fun to look at which give a brief history of the decade.
http://kclibrary.lonestar.edu/decade80.html
It's from Lone Star College - Kingwood which is based in Kingwood, TX. While not a complete list of things 80's it does have some interesting things listed which I forgotten about like Smurf figurines, Those things were everywhere.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I've been able not to think about it until now. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.