Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:18:08 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Hell's Kitchen: Season 5 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen: Season 5  (Read 13075 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: February 01, 2009, 12:38:10 AM »

Oh yeah!
The fifth season of Hell's Kitchen is looking to be a doozy!
The producers seem to have chosen some better candidates this time around.
Or have they?

The big test in the first episode of each Hell's Kitchen season is the taste test by Gordon Ramsay.
This year, quite a few of the contestants actually impressed Ramsay with their "signature dishes".

I was beginning to think these contestants were actually worthy...
Until I saw them in action.

What a bunch of idiots!
Watching Chef Ramsay rip into them never gets old.
I especially love it when he calls them "donkeys" and kicks the garbage cans.   TeddyR

Check out the intro from Season 5 of Hell's Kitchen:
Small | Large

Did you watch it?
Any thoughts?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 12:41:10 AM by Ash » Logged
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 10:09:23 AM »

I watched it.  I liked that they had a 'buffet' cook there, who has never worked a restaurant before.  She quit after a few minutes. Buggedout

I like his show.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:10:43 AM »

I watched it.  I liked that they had a 'buffet' cook there, who has never worked a restaurant before.  She quit after a few minutes. Buggedout

She reminded me so much of my sister in law that it scared me.  This show has gotten progressively better as time goes on.  Ramsey's yelling never gets old.  That and the fact that these "expert" chefs can't even fry an egg.  Idiots. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 09:28:29 PM »

Thing is, some of this year's chefs seem to not have much experience when it comes to fine dining/restaurant work, which is a little different.  For example, the one girl is a buffet cook for corprations.  They prepare a small menu, and the people have to eat it, as there's no other option.  In a restaurant, there is the possibilty of a few dozen different variations of a certain item, and have to be prepared to order, ie: rare, mid well, etc.

Another chef on the show has very little to no experience at all.  She runs a cooking school.  To go from one extreme to the other is not good.

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 12:25:16 PM »

Thing is, some of this year's chefs seem to not have much experience when it comes to fine dining/restaurant work, which is a little different.  For example, the one girl is a buffet cook for corprations.  They prepare a small menu, and the people have to eat it, as there's no other option.  In a restaurant, there is the possibilty of a few dozen different variations of a certain item, and have to be prepared to order, ie: rare, mid well, etc.

Another chef on the show has very little to no experience at all.  She runs a cooking school.  To go from one extreme to the other is not good.
That girl should give back the money people paid her.  She apparently has no skill what so ever so far. 

DarkSider's Realm

Susan
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 08:22:42 PM »

What was the deal last night with the big guy having to ride the ferry and didn't even get to go with the other guys? What a ripoff for him

Looks good so far, i thought they overdramatized that chick going home for her ankle with all the lights and wheeling her down the hallway in slo-mo with fog and most triumphunt music...ok maybe that's the way i remember it. Or ..is it?

I have to wonder tho, does every cook smoke? Damn if every single girl wasn't at the table smoking. I guess i thought a chef would avoid that because they're supposed to have refined taste buds and smoking actually supresses your taste

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 08:51:04 PM »

I have to wonder tho, does every cook smoke? Damn if every single girl wasn't at the table smoking. I guess i thought a chef would avoid that because they're supposed to have refined taste buds and smoking actually supresses your taste

THANK YOU!  I noticed that too. 

DarkSider's Realm

Ash

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 04:09:01 PM »

I missed the first 20 minutes of the most recent episode.  By the time I started watching, they were just starting dinner service.
What happened with the big guy and that woman's ankle?

And about the smoking thing...
Almost every contestant in every single season was a smoker.
Go to the IMDB talk page for Hell's Kitchen.  There are multiple threads about it.
It almost seems that smoking is a prerequisite to getting on the show.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 04:10:40 PM by Ash » Logged
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 06:19:14 PM »

I missed the first 20 minutes of the most recent episode.  By the time I started watching, they were just starting dinner service.

The big guy couldn't go on the helicopter ride because he was too fat.  The girl slipped on grease in the kitchen.  It didn't look like she did a lot of damage from the slip but appparently it hurt. 

DarkSider's Realm

Susan
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 08:22:32 PM »

And about the smoking thing...
Almost every contestant in every single season was a smoker.
Go to the IMDB talk page for Hell's Kitchen.  There are multiple threads about it.
It almost seems that smoking is a prerequisite to getting on the show.

Ankle: She twisted it in the kitchen when they were prepping.  From that point on she was in pain.

Big guy: I left the room when they got their reward, all i remember is chef telling him he had to ride the ferry. See, the other guys all piled into a helicopter and flew out to the destination. But I think maybe because this guy weighs 400lbs that he couldn't go. It still sucked that when he finally GOT there after hours on his ferry sleeping the chef said I have good news and bad news. "The bad news is, we're getting back on that ferry. The good news is we had a great time and we're going back!" wtf!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 09:43:19 PM »

A lot of cooks I know do.  That's not all, either.  Smoking is the least of their problems.

Ash

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 03:07:34 AM »

Ha!  Colleen, the woman who owns her own cooking school was finally booted from the show.
Every single one of her services were a complete disaster.  How she owns her own cooking school is beyond me.  I wouldn't pay her for anything.

So far, I'm rooting for Robert, the big heavy guy.
He's the classic underdog.  He even said it himself in this season's premier episode.
I want him to win because it seems that he really can cook.  And he's overcome most of the obstacles thrown his way so far.  It can't be easy weighing as much as he does and having the difficult childhood he's had.  But despite all that, he's kept up with all of the other contestants.

As for the women, I want Lacy to go away.  Ugh!  What an awful woman!

Any thoughts?

princess dragonmom
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 07:39:05 AM »

I can't stand Lacey either, but she did really well on the mens team.  I was very surprised. 
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 08:36:17 AM »

I'm putting my money on the long haired guy.  He seems to bring his A game to just about every service.  I like his brash arrogance too because at least he can back it up.

Lacy reminds me too much of my sister in law who I do like.  Its the "whatever" attitude that gets me.

DarkSider's Realm

Susan
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 03:44:19 PM »

i'm rooting for the guy who admitted he was the best of all of them..lol  He hasn't really screwed up that much and looks like he knows what he's doing in the kitchen. The rest of them are just blowing smoke

I'm glad colleen left, i think the show picks people they know will be a loudmouth or create ratings or be someoneone the chef can pick on and who better than a cooking teacher. Any idiot can be a teacher it doesn't mean they know how to work in a kitchen.

I'm not sure why they always split the men from the women, I kind of hate that. Women tend to self destruct when they are grouped together. I wish they would just randomly select teams
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Hell's Kitchen: Season 5 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.