Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:55:23 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Ark II « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ark II  (Read 3563 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: February 01, 2009, 12:10:33 PM »

Small | Large

I am giving this a thumbs up because i personally liked it aot, but it probably isn't that great by normal standards of quality.   the ark thing is awesome,  the asian girl is hot, the talking monkey is hilarious and the whole thing is totally funky.    The messages are often a little heavy handed but do give the episodes strong plots.  the first episode  "the flies" had characters and ideas  borrowed from "Oliver"  and I didn't care for it all that much but each subsequent espisode was better than the previous one.  They all feature these ramshckle post apocolyptic people recreating the sort of mistakes that led to earths eventuall downfall, thus,  the ark II gang has to set em straight.  Imagine a talking chimpanzee teaching you how to run your life.   *All the shows take place during the day and you will definately notice this after a while but still loved the show!

stolen from imdb trivia*

There are no night scenes or episodes in "Ark II" because it was impossible to maneuver the Ark at night due to the lack of visibility from the driver's section. Also, each show had a 2-3 day turnaround, and Jose Flores was still a minor working under strict rules governing child actors. As a result of these factors, plus the Ark's tendency to break down, night shots for episodes were nixed
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 12:29:33 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:18:51 AM »

I remember watching that as a little kid.  It was one of my favorites.  I've kind of been thinking about getting the DVD's, but not too sure how it would hold up.  The Ark was cool as hell though. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 04:12:53 PM »

hell yeah.  the mini ark thing was dope too.  the chimpanzee drove it. It's a cool show but it could have used some karate or other violence.

I'm checking out space academy next
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 10:03:22 AM »

Wow, only 15 episodes... and it was run in '76, no wonder I can just remember it (I was five).
I do remember it, though.   The jetpack scene in the intro jarred the memory loose.

Cool.  =)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 10:05:10 AM by Zapranoth » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 10:14:53 AM »

there was a jetpack scene in every episode!  aprapos of nothing.  like "better go up and take a look around"
Flu-Bird
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 02:58:53 PM »

ARK II was a sort of cross between a moterhome AND A science lab and the talking chimp ADAM
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Ark II « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.