Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:55:26 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie do you think everybody hates? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: What movie do you think everybody hates?  (Read 23186 times)
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2009, 10:57:39 PM »

I'll nominate:
Body Slam!.  Most everyone who even remembers that movie hates it.  I can't say I completely hate it, as I like Rowdy Roddy Piper and Dirk Benedict, so having the two together in one flick was awesome.

I'm surprised by a lot of things in this board on how people like some films I thought everyone would hate.  Well, I think I should bring out the big guns now.  I like to say that the following three films are ones that no one likes:

Meet the Spartans
Epic Movie
Disaster Movie

I have of lot friends who like this stupid kind of comedy and bad jokes, but even they think these movies are extremely horrible.  Heck, I never heard anyone in my high school or anyone I know support these films.  What about you guys?
Just the names alone are cringe worthy.  Then you see the trailers, and the chills run up your spine.  How people like them, I don't know.  But the Wayans Bros. have a new movie coming out in that vein: Dance Flick.  

Dance Flick!?  Oh my God, just when America began to recover from Disaster Movie, here comes this film!  Luckily, they move the date I heard from Feburary to August.  With this, we should have enough time to recover more and brace ourselves for when it arrives.  You know, you figure by now that film makers would run out of areas to spoof.
Well to be fair, the Wayans were not involved in the three grouped spoof movies. They made the original, chuckle-worthy Scary Movie (And it's admittedly disappointing sequel).

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2009, 10:18:11 AM »

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2009, 10:52:15 AM »

Dance Flick!?  Oh my God, just when America began to recover from Disaster Movie, here comes this film!  Luckily, they move the date I heard from Feburary to August.  With this, we should have enough time to recover more and brace ourselves for when it arrives.  You know, you figure by now that film makers would run out of areas to spoof.

I've never seen or heard of Body Slam, I've lucked out for quite sometime now.
[/quote]
Here's the plot outline for Body Slam:
"M. Harry Smilac is a down-on-his-luck music manager who is having a hard time attracting talent and booking gigs for his band, Kicks (The most recent of the gigs is a Dairy Queen opening!!). When making arrangements for a campaign fund-raiser, he mistakes Rick Roberts, a professional wrestler, for a musician and hires him. At that moment he becomes a wrestling manager and starts to book matches for him and his teammate Tonga Tom. The team is a success, and Harry decides to take his wrestlers and his band on a "Rock n' Wrestling" tour. The tour is a success, and Harry feels what it is like to be a winner again." 

Basically, Dirk Benedict (The A-Team), plays Smilac, loosely based on Vince McMahon.  Rick Roberts is played by Rowdy Roddy Piper, and Tonga Tom is one of the Samoans in the mid '80s WWF.  The film also features appearances by John Astin, Tanya Roberts, Kellie Martin, Billy Barty, Charles Nelson Reilly, as well as pro wrestlers Ric Flair, Captain Lou Albano and Bruno Sammartino. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2009, 05:47:45 PM »

Has anyone said, "From Justin To Kelly" yet?

I like Kelly Clarkson and all, but... lets not talk about that film.

Hmm, I just I'll drop another movie title out.  Does anyone actually like Hobgoblins or Hobgoblins 2 around here?  I haven't seen them yet, but I know and have heard how much these movies suck.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Eyesore
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2009, 09:47:38 PM »

I look at comedy like a jeweler looks at a fine jewel, scrutinizing every detail; set up, segue's, delivery. People's taste in comedy is an amazingly revealing part of their personality. I absolutely love 'The Cable Guy'. It is gloriously dark and Carrey's character was hilariously menacing and manipulative.

On the other hand, I would love to take any DVD containing the loathesome name "Larry The Cable Guy" to the skeet range...

PULL....BAM!!!

Nice segue, eh!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2009, 09:52:25 PM »

I look at comedy like a jeweler looks at a fine jewel, scrutinizing every detail; set up, segue's, delivery. People's taste in comedy is an amazingly revealing part of their personality. I absolutely love 'The Cable Guy'. It is gloriously dark and Carrey's character was hilariously menacing and manipulative.

On the other hand, I would love to take any DVD containing the loathesome name "Larry The Cable Guy" to the skeet range...

PULL....BAM!!!

Nice segue, eh!
Of the "Blue Collar Boys", Larry the Cable Guy is by far the most undeserving of any fame and or movie deal in the history of the business.  I'd rather watch Carrot Top than Larry the Cable Guy.  Put Pauly Shore in a movie with Carrot Top and I'm all for it.  In fact, they did do a movie together.  That's more hilarious than anything Larry's done.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2009, 12:43:11 AM »

Mo matter how bad a film may be, there's likely somebody out there somewhere who likes it. I have to admit to liking HIGHLANDER 2, ATTACK OF THE CLONES, and most all of the classic Baddies mentioned here. I even have some level of liking for BATMAN AND ROBIN even though it's very disappointing to me also.

A film I'd figure everybody would hate? Very hard to say...I will say I purchased a film called ENVY, a movie about a spray that can erase dog poo only where does the crap go?, starring Jack Black (who I do like in some things) and Ben Stiller (likewise) that to me was thoroughly disappointing in its level of not being the least bit funny. Comedy is hard to pull off successfully and no doubt comedy that feels much too forced is hard to pull off successfully.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »

A film I'd figure everybody would hate? Very hard to say...I will say I purchased a film called ENVY, a movie about a spray that can erase dog poo only where does the crap go?, starring Jack Black (who I do like in some things) and Ben Stiller (likewise) that to me was thoroughly disappointing in its level of not being the least bit funny. Comedy is hard to pull off successfully and no doubt comedy that feels much too forced is hard to pull off successfully.

I remember watching that a while back.  I thought, you know, it had Jack Black and it sounded like it was going be good, but it was just... boring.  It wasn't the least bit funny and for a comedy movie, that makes me upset.  So, since I don't like the film at all so you count me in as someone who hates the film.

Anyways, speaking of unfunny, anyone hate School for Scoundrels?  I'm still also curious if anyone hates Hobgoblins or Troll 2.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Raffine

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2009, 08:35:09 PM »

I'm still also curious if anyone hates Hobgoblins or Troll 2.

How could anyone really hate either one of these films?

It would be like hating your dim-witted but cheerful cousin who drools at Thanksginving dinner.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2009, 09:56:01 PM »

I love TROLL 2. I don't think it's a good movie, quite the opposite. But it is so very stupid in such interesting ways...

I'll second Cthulhu's mention of Slapstick (of Another Kind). Hands down the worst movie I've ever seen. If I ever meet somebody who professes to like that movie, I will punch them in the face.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2009, 10:31:45 PM »

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2009, 10:50:28 PM »

Oh man... I'm with you on that!  I don't think girls even like that movie.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2009, 12:50:25 AM »

BATMAN & ROBIN...  BounceGiggle man, that sux.  Despite the legendary and superb first 5 and last 3 minutes, the first serious screen treatment BATMAN (1989) is overlong and boring; too much of a good thing: JACK NICHOLSON as the Joker, but the followup BATMAN RETURNS had everything the first film had plus a lot more inertia (definitely a "superior sequel").  And I really liked BATMAN FOREVER despite its tummy roll and tumble into major camp.  BATMAN & ROBIN however...  Bluesad Expensively produced and impressively cast, total annoying drivel I expect to be very fond of in 20 years or so.   BounceGiggle  Bluesad

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Doggett

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2009, 09:01:14 AM »

I don't mind it.
At least it knows it's stupid, unlike the Britney Spears and Mariah Carey films...

Doggett

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2009, 01:51:51 PM »

The Stepford Wives remake.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie do you think everybody hates? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.