Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:55:24 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do you think people think your weird? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do You Think People Think Your Weird?
Yes. - 18 (48.6%)
No. - 0 (0%)
If they only knew... - 7 (18.9%)
Yeah. Except they are much weirder than me,and don't even realize it. - 1 (2.7%)
Why would they think that? - 2 (5.4%)
Who cares - 9 (24.3%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Do you think people think your weird?  (Read 20631 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: February 01, 2009, 08:07:24 PM »

I think some people think I'm weird. Most don't...I don't think...I mean... co-workers and everybody else in the world?  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 08:18:09 PM »

By far yes I've been called the "odd duck" in just about every job, school and social setting I've ever been in.  But the good news is I guess I'm a likeable "weird" as in people don't try to avoid me.  In other words, I'm not "weird" as in that guy in Walmart who everyone runs from in the store because he's shouting obscenities at canned goods.  That and if they call me weird its usually to my face in a fun manner and never in a negative way.   Thats probably because I call myself "weird" more than anyone else.   BounceGiggle  I have to say here around most of you fine folks, I feel quite normal.   Thumbup
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 08:19:55 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 08:33:21 PM »

I'm about the same way,I think. People like me...but I think they think I'm weird anyway. But in a good way. I think. Like you, I don't feel out of place....just know that I am...not . Here I amok kindered souls... Smile

Not that I think anybody here is weird! I just KNOW we are okay....!

Of course...that may be my own perception. About uhhhh...I dunno...Even when I was a crazy punk rocker,old farmers liked me. But I KNOW they think I'm weird.I was not a big chick magnet...even though I was super sexy and cool.(  Lookingup )

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 08:45:08 PM »

Even when I was a crazy punk rocker,old farmers liked me. But I KNOW they think I'm weird.

Thats the thing with me too mainly because I have a wide array of interests.  For example, I can talk passionately about vegetable gardening and cooking with an older person but they are shocked to find out I'm into other things like horror films and heavy metal music.   BounceGiggle 

I was not a big chick magnet...even though I was super sexy and cool.

Opening up to women has been a struggle in the past for me.  Hell, opening up to anyone new is hard for me.  I think its because at first I'm afraid the person won't get my humor.  I'm very dry/sick in the humor department and some people may think I'm serious when I'm not.  However, there have been some lovely ladies who "get" me right away.  Oddly, its never the ones I expected to get me like this one hot blonde in my biology class in college.  Turns out she had a sicker sense of humor than me. 

Nowadays, depending on the social situation, I tend to be more open towards new people I meet.  However, in generally there is always that anxiety boiling somewhere. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »

Well,nowadays I don't give a flying fXck what people think of me. If they think I'm weird...that's okay with me. I used to feel self concious about it........then I wore it like a Badge of Indepence....now... I don't care what they think. Nothing really affects me as far as what strangers think. I just babble. Most folks still like me though...even though I have been in hibernation for years.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 09:28:38 PM »

Most people don't find me weird, just the people that seem drawn to me. I seem to be a living magnet for the strange, odd, and weird. If a person, event, or anything else fits into the catagory of weird then eventually it finds me.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 09:40:59 PM »

When people first meet me they tend to think I'm weird, but once they get to know me they know I'm weird. But they accept it and more often than not enjoy it. Anyone who doesn't think I'm weird from the start usually changes their tune the first time I tell them that I would gladly eat human flesh if it were offered to me fresh and cooked properly like any piece of meat.  Drink

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 09:56:04 PM »

Most people don't find me weird, just the people that seem drawn to me...
BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 09:56:21 PM »

No, I'm normal. Can't say the same for the weirdos in this thread though. .  

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 10:53:36 PM »

I started off answering yes, but at the last second I changed my vote to "Who cares?" I have yet to find a place where I truly feel like I fit in; I'm far too dry for most people, though, like Darksider, when people "get" me, they love my sense of humor. Most people think I'm very serious all the time, right up until they realize I can't resist a punch line and will ridicule almost anything (myself included). Because I come across as serious, most people will take me as an authority on almost any subject, so sometimes I have fun convincing them of truly ridiculous things (I once convinced a young woman that Santa Anna won at the Alamo by driving Sherman tanks over the walls). I always let people off the hook, though, eventually. I'm way too nice, so I guess some people may think it's phony, but I really am just a nice guy. I have a strong personality, but it is also a very quiet one, so some people try to run all over me. Sometimes I let them, but only when it is about something I would have given in on anyway. I have spent most of my life alone (very few if any friends), so I have been stuck in my own skull; I like who I am and see no reason to change just to fit in with people who wouldn't like me for who I am. I had that attitude even in high school, and that hasn't changed. I have very singular (but also very broad) tastes, in film, in music, in food, in people, in pretty much everything, but I make very few recommendations because most people tend to ignore my suggestions anyway.

Thus concludes the "way more than anyone cared to know about Derf" section. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, "Afro-Mullets: Disgustingly Silly or a Trend Whose Time Has Come?"

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 11:04:22 PM »

*looks up at the Cthulhu plush toy and Gamera action figure above desk, the Egyptian Book of the Dead, D&D Player's Hand Book, copy of "Make Love*The Bruce Campbell Way", Conan the Barbarian graphic novels, and binder full of B-movies on the desk*

Yes. 

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 11:56:14 PM »

If not for us weird people, how would the normal ones know who they are?

Lessee . . .. I frequently say the word "nostrils" for no apparent reason. 
I belch the names of current and former Presidents.
I refer to my students as "squirmly little yuppie larva".
and I randomly read street and highway signs backwards while driving.

"Dallas Zoo", for instance, becomes "Ooz Sallad".

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 12:30:57 AM »

Yes.
Of course, whenever the observation is openly made, I always respond with, "I can't believe you've actually known me all this time, and it's taken you that long to figure that out."

Naturally, they typically reply, "Well, I always did know, I just didn't want to say anything."
To which I reply, "Well, you should've said something sooner; I was starting to wonder about you."

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 12:34:38 AM »

and I randomly read street and highway signs backwards while driving.

"Dallas Zoo", for instance, becomes "Ooz Sallad".

Better stop for that POTS sign!

I do that sometimes.  Say things backwards.
One day several years ago, my buddy Chris and I drove by a Walgreens store.
Say it backwards.  
Sneerglaw!  (Ewww!)   TeddyR
Ever since then, we always call it that.

Same goes for Burger King.
To us, it's Regrub Gnik.

I remember one time when we were driving around deciding on where to eat and we had a 3rd friend with us.  Chris suggested, "Regrub Gnik".
The 3rd friend said, "Huh??"
Then we had to explain to him what it meant.

So yeah, I'm a little weird sometimes.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 01:43:39 AM »

Yes they do and like RC does, I wear it as a badge of honour.  TeddyR I wouldn't say weird really, more like different to the rest.

Adults think I'm a little weird (I think they see a madness in my eyes) but children think I am quite cool, even for an old guy of 41, going on 42.  Smile

As with the other friends here, I feel quite at home on this site ~ my underpants status aside, of course. Buggedout
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:29:57 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do you think people think your weird? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.