Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:22:21 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Why are there nine million flabby stomach ads on every website? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Why are there nine million flabby stomach ads on every website?  (Read 13051 times)
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 02, 2009, 01:43:31 PM »

I don't want to see gross stomachs oozing out all over, and every website in the known universe now has these stomach ads everywhere!  Gah!  It is like the blob up in here.

Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 02:53:02 PM »

Theres a lot of flabby stomachs in the world, and some folks would like to take those stomach's money witha promise of less flabbiness in future.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 04:16:14 PM »

Those flabby stomach ads are here on this site.
Almost everytime I log into this forum, there it is, that nasty, flabby stomach ad running vertically along the right side of the page.
It's absolutely disgusting and I have to look away.

Most ads like that try to tap into our weaknesses.  They prey upon people with low self esteem and I personally find it deplorable.
There's nothing wrong with bettering yourself and losing that unwanted weight, but there definitely are better ways to advertise it.

Andrew, please, please, please get rid of that ad!  Replace it with something else.  Anything but that awful disgusting, flabby stomach.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 07:06:38 PM »

Could it be that way too many Americans, myself included, are pigs with no sense of self control where food is concerned???  *BELCH!!**

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 07:24:35 PM »

I tolerate them for the "after" photos. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 07:28:14 PM »

Could it be that way too many Americans, myself included, are pigs with no sense of self control where food is concerned???  *BELCH!!**
I resemble that remark.
Seriously however it's to target obese people like myself to get off our fat butts and get into shape by buying the product advertised and to get those of you who are in shape to buy the product advertised to keep from looking like the pics in the ads.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 09:07:06 PM »

These ads are running on a lot of the ad networks, and the advertiser obviously has quite a bit of funding for the campaigns (there are multiple).  Believe it or not, I have disabled an enormous number of the campaigns.  Unfortunately, January is normally a bad month for online advertising, and this January appears to be the worst in the market's short history.

I am trying to limit how many of these run.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 11:05:10 PM »

I just got annoyed because they seemed to be on almost every site with ads that I have visited.  They were all over the statcounter site which I have been on more recently because my traffic has exploded for random reasons.  They were on a few blogs I visited this week, and then they were here.  It was like they were following me.  They do a good job of getting noticed, but not in a way that would make me want to click on them even if was overweight.  I wonder if before and after photos are more successful than just showing after photos...

Torgo

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 11:19:35 PM »

All those flabby stomach ads do is make me realize how fat and flabby my own stomach is.   TongueOut

My goal is to lose 40 pounds this year if I can.   Thumbup

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 01:13:06 AM »

I don't want to see gross stomachs oozing out all over, and every website in the known universe now has these stomach ads everywhere!  Gah!  It is like the blob up in here.

Damn, I knew I was asking for major trouble when I licensed those pictures of my tummy....... Buggedout Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 08:32:17 AM »

They're not even realistic -- losing thirty pounds in eight weeks means a couple things: 1) You're dead, 2) If you aren't dead, you're defecating so violently and so often that you wish you were dead and 3) The ad campaign isn't even trying to be realistic, and is simply appealing to the shallow, unwashed, flabby masses who crave instant gratification, health concerns be damned!

Heck, the Wii Fit told me trying to lose more than 3 pounds every two weeks was dangerous. 

Pilgermann

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 12:31:10 PM »

BUT IT'S AS SEEN ON RACHEL RAY!!!!11

What truly scares me are the animated ones of which I'm viewing at this moment to the right of the screen.  And God, yes, they're everywhere online.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »

I like a little meat on a woman.  Not that much though.  Looks like there is less flab today.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 01:33:26 PM »

There is just SOOOOOOO much money in weight loss in the U.S. I've seen ads for meal programs that go for ~$10.00 per meal, that's $900/month for what amounts to small TV dinners. Gym memberships are HIGLY luctative, and gyms often have memberships at a level that less than one percent of their customers are there at any time, and reports of up to 70% memberships not being used. 1% equates to each member using the gym less than an hour a week on average. Not to mention advertising time during those weight-loss oriented television. For a nation that spends so much money on it, we sure do have alot of people that still need it, myself included (the needing part, not the spending part).

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Raffine

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 02:11:15 PM »

MOE: Whattya want for breakfast?
LARRY: Burnt toast an' a rotten egg!
MOE: Burnt toast an' a rotten egg?!?
LARRY: I gotta tapeworm an' that's good enough for 'em!

AND

MOE: Hey, Porcupine! Ya wanna go fishin'?
LARRY: Yeah!
MOE: Ya got worms?
LARRY: Yeah, but I'm goin' anyway!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Why are there nine million flabby stomach ads on every website? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.