Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:04:48 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Why are there nine million flabby stomach ads on every website? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Why are there nine million flabby stomach ads on every website?  (Read 13041 times)
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 03:55:12 PM »

I like a little meat on a woman.  Not that much though.  Looks like there is less flab today.   Thumbup
Cheers

I'm one of the few guys I know who truely doesn't have a problem with fat girls and women.  However, I'm pretty sure that picture on top is of a guy... so... Buggedout

In all seriousness, though, I feel really bad for girls out there who think they're ugly because they don't look like a popsicle stick.  Heck, my girlfriend is technically overweight, and she's beautiful (not that I'm biased or anything Wink).  I just think that culture puts too much emphisis on trying to make fat ugly.  Just look at movies for example.  Overweight girls in movies are deliberatly made to look unattractice and act unlikable.  Usually, they're only there to do embarassing things like crush some guy with their rear or act as an unattractive trap for the main character to avoid.

Ok, I'll stop my ranting... Smile

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 04:06:57 PM »

I like a little meat on a woman.  Not that much though.  Looks like there is less flab today.   Thumbup
Cheers

I'm one of the few guys I know who truely doesn't have a problem with fat girls and women.  However, I'm pretty sure that picture on top is of a guy... so... Buggedout

In all seriousness, though, I feel really bad for girls out there who think they're ugly because they don't look like a popsicle stick.  Heck, my girlfriend is technically overweight, and she's beautiful (not that I'm biased or anything Wink).  I just think that culture puts too much emphisis on trying to make fat ugly.  Just look at movies for example.  Overweight girls in movies are deliberatly made to look unattractice and act unlikable.  Usually, they're only there to do embarassing things like crush some guy with their rear or act as an unattractive trap for the main character to avoid.

Reminds me of some things I read once.
First one went, "Skinny girls are great to look at but fat girls are the ones who are the most fun in bed cause they will do all sorts of kinky stuff."
Second one went, "If you want to stay married, get yourself a fat girl."

I know for a fact both these statements are true. Been married 3 times in my life, first time to a skinny woman who i divorced with in six months cause she was a crack whore. Second wife was fat and lived up to the first statement and we were married until she passed away. Third wife is also fat and we've been together for 13 years now.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 06:58:33 PM »

There was a movie I can't recall that came out a few years ago, the premise was that some guy had a curse on him so that he thought this fat girl looked really beautiful and was really skinny. We're obviously supposed to figure a girl like that couldn't possibly be the object of anyone's affection without the magic spell. I had pretty much the same rant as you about all the fat jokes even in the trailer (look, when she sits in a canoe, the other end is up in the air, ha ha). That was a big reason I had no interest whatever in seeing this movie.

That and the fact that it just looked like a stupid movie. It might have starred someone I hate also, like Adam Sandler.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »

There was a movie I can't recall that came out a few years ago, the premise was that some guy had a curse on him so that he thought this fat girl looked really beautiful and was really skinny. We're obviously supposed to figure a girl like that couldn't possibly be the object of anyone's affection without the magic spell. I had pretty much the same rant as you about all the fat jokes even in the trailer (look, when she sits in a canoe, the other end is up in the air, ha ha). That was a big reason I had no interest whatever in seeing this movie.

That and the fact that it just looked like a stupid movie. It might have starred someone I hate also, like Adam Sandler.

The movie you're thinking of is Shallow Hal.
It's actually a very good movie.   Smile   Thumbup
Javakoala
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 09:08:12 PM »

I tolerate them for the "after" photos. 

What I notice from the "Before" and "After" photos is that the women almost always look healthier and happier when in the "Before" photos. The "After" photos tend to make them look either p**sed, sad or possessed.
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 12:32:07 AM »

I tolerate them for the "after" photos. 

What I notice from the "Before" and "After" photos is that the women almost always look healthier and happier when in the "Before" photos. The "After" photos tend to make them look either p**sed, sad or possessed.

lolololololol

This

I am David
David I am

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 03:55:25 PM »

Fat ads aren't as bad as the ads you get advertising women in your area Buggedout

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 12:15:08 AM »

Cheers

Reminds me of some things I read once.
First one went, "Skinny girls are great to look at but fat girls are the ones who are the most fun in bed cause they will do all sorts of kinky stuff."
Second one went, "If you want to stay married, get yourself a fat girl."

I know for a fact both these statements are true. Been married 3 times in my life, first time to a skinny woman who i divorced with in six months cause she was a crack whore. Second wife was fat and lived up to the first statement and we were married until she passed away. Third wife is also fat and we've been together for 13 years now.

...I don't actually think skinny girls are as nice to look at as fat girls...

but then again, I'm a weirdo.

I am David
David I am

Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 12:52:46 PM »

I've issued many a rant on how much more pleasant plump girls are to look at, talk to, and fool around with.  Suffice it all to say, us guys who like our women a little more meaty are "evolutionarily correct," because well-rounded breasts, hips, and yes, tummy, are nature's way of screaming, "LET'S GET IT ON!"

And I have nothing against women who are naturally slender, narrow-hipped or small-breasted.  But when a woman strives and works and hates herself for not being thin...then the revolution comes. 

ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 12:57:52 PM »

I've issued many a rant on how much more pleasant plump girls are to look at, talk to, and fool around with.  Suffice it all to say, us guys who like our women a little more meaty are "evolutionarily correct," because well-rounded breasts, hips, and yes, tummy, are nature's way of screaming, "LET'S GET IT ON!"

And I have nothing against women who are naturally slender, narrow-hipped or small-breasted.  But when a woman strives and works and hates herself for not being thin...then the revolution comes. 

exactly my point.

I am David
David I am

Doggett

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 01:01:14 PM »

Everyone likes curvy women.
Look at Jessica Rabbit, she isn't stick thin and she's gorgeous TeddyR

In fact, as I type this there's an add on the right, vertical, green bar, y'know, the one that has the subscribe icons, that's advertising a dating website for curvy women.

ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 01:23:34 PM »

I thought so, until I started seeing guys complaining about girls being fat when they were really just curvy :(. 

I've talked to thin girls who complain about not having enough curves, too.  The real problem is that culture portrays a pretty unattainable mark that females are supposed to shoot for, and us guys don't do our job of recognizing that girls are beautiful regardless.  Girls, you do the same thing to us guys.  I have certain things about girls that attract me, but I'm more of the school of thought that you should be attracted to a person that you love because of what they are, not love a person because what they are is attractive. 

I am David
David I am

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 01:40:46 PM »

I think there needs to be a clear distinction between CURVY and FAT. When weight/fitness gets in the way of doing simple things, then I can't see how that is attractive. Brittney Spears and Jessica Simpson are not anorexic beanpoles, and I think they both look fine (until they talk anyways), but there are enough examples of beanpoles that I don't think they need mentioning. The part that gets me is when a woman is overweight to a point where it's not healthy or fun (who wants to do things with someone that has to take a rest every 10 minutes during light to moderate exertion?), but anyone that doesn't like that is "one of those guys that expects every woman to be 95 pounds", which just isn't true. I've known enough overweight, boarderline overweight, and obese women women to know there's a HUGE difference in the three. I've known guys that just LOVE their morbidly obese wife, but I don't see how just due to the fact that at 30 years old she could hardly walk, what's their marriage going to be like when she's 50?

All in all, I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't matter what size you are, if you don't stay healthy and respect yourself, then I likely won't find you attractive. That's isn't me expecting everyone to be a beanpole, it's just that good health is attractive to me.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Doggett

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 02:29:10 PM »

I thought so, until I started seeing guys complaining about girls being fat when they were really just curvy :(. 

I've talked to thin girls who complain about not having enough curves, too.  The real problem is that culture portrays a pretty unattainable mark that females are supposed to shoot for, and us guys don't do our job of recognizing that girls are beautiful regardless.  Girls, you do the same thing to us guys.  I have certain things about girls that attract me, but I'm more of the school of thought that you should be attracted to a person that you love because of what they are, not love a person because what they are is attractive. 

Exactly !
It's an unattainable mark for a reason. No one wants a stick chick !

Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2009, 05:13:54 PM »

These men will be first against the wall. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Why are there nine million flabby stomach ads on every website? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.