Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:31:24 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies endings/plot points that cause debate (POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movies endings/plot points that cause debate (POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT)  (Read 12005 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 05:54:41 PM »

Ok heres one...One Hour Photo.  Does anyone have a clue what happened at the end of that film?  That and what was truly behind Sy's madness?  He mentions something about someone never taking or making children do certain things.  Was he abused as a kid?  Why wasn't there pictures in the camera?  Why did he make those people take those pictures if he wasn't going to use them?

The link below may shed some light on this for you:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265459/board/flat/97012757

I also wondered what was up with the end of that movie.  It is somewhat confusing.
Dave M
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »

I think Robin Williams mentioned that he had hepatitis as a child? There are only a few ways to get that.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 09:10:13 PM »

Ok heres one...One Hour Photo.  Does anyone have a clue what happened at the end of that film?  That and what was truly behind Sy's madness?  He mentions something about someone never taking or making children do certain things.  Was he abused as a kid?  Why wasn't there pictures in the camera?  Why did he make those people take those pictures if he wasn't going to use them?

The link below may shed some light on this for you:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265459/board/flat/97012757

I also wondered what was up with the end of that movie.  It is somewhat confusing.

Good god man.  Now I'm more confused.   Buggedout  In all seriousness, thanks for the link Ash, it gave some great insight.  Heres what I kind of think is the answer;

Sy, a probable victim of child abuse, found his happiness in the photos of a model family's life.  With that family destroyed by a promiscuous husband, the odd photos of random stuff in his room represent what he has in his life after his crime which is nothing.  Yes he took the pics of the naughty husband and his slutty friend but there wasn't any film in the camera.  Why, well he mentions that photos should only capture happy moments. 

I'll have to watch it again...probably will change my mind. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 12:45:59 AM »

In Neverending Story, I can never make out the name Sebastian yells out at the end.

He calls "Moonchild" which was his mother's name (apparently she was raised by hippies). Its damn near impossible to make out in the film, but thats the name he uses in Michael Ende's novel.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
TikTac
New Visitor

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 01:25:36 AM »

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End - Actually I didn't get much of anything in this movie. It felt like they smacked about three different movies together.

1408 - Did Mike ever escape the room? Or is he still trapped? What does the voice on the recording mean? Though the short story is more direct about it, but the film left me wondering (as I assume it was intended to do). 
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 12:40:04 PM »

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End - Actually I didn't get much of anything in this movie. It felt like they smacked about three different movies together
How could I have looked past these films.   The first one I got, the second and third one are held together with duct tape when it comes to "plot". 

DarkSider's Realm

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 12:59:46 PM »

1408 - Did Mike ever escape the room? Or is he still trapped? What does the voice on the recording mean? Though the short story is more direct about it, but the film left me wondering (as I assume it was intended to do). 
I always felt the film was about the main character's decent into madness. The room never existed, it was all in his head.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 01:04:33 PM »

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End - Actually I didn't get much of anything in this movie. It felt like they smacked about three different movies together
How could I have looked past these films.   The first one I got, the second and third one are held together with duct tape when it comes to "plot". 

Everyone has a character arc in those films...

Including the monkey !

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 03:55:53 PM »

I'm with you. Han shot first. Then Lucas re-edited it and (IMHO) ruined one of the best scenes in the film. Look at it this way. You know someone is out to kill you, would you shoot first, or let that person have the first shot? If you had any sense, like Han did, before Lucas re-edited the scene, you'd shoot first. But Lucas does not know enough to leave something alone, when there is nothing wrong with it.

How the heck could Greedo have fired and MISSED? At a whole 3 feet away, firing a weapon which, if like every other weapon in the series, fires very, very straight. No, Greedo didn't fire first, when GL made the movie, he put that scene in to show that Han was a ruffian, someone rough around the edges to say the least, and not to be trifled with. LATER, when he did the re-make, I think he was trying for a kinder, gentler Han.

As for debatable endings, The Matrix comes to mind. Just what was and is reality? what happened to the Matrix and Zion? The archetect says everyone in Zion would die, did they? There was also something said that led people to believe that what we thought was real life in Zion was simply existence in another, higher level of the Matrix.

Hollywood Knights: Did Jimmy make it back from Viet-Nam OK? Are the Knights still around in years to come? Did Clark ever grow a moustache? Did Mrs. Freedman ever get the taste out of her mouth? Did Nevel ever finally get some? What about Dudley? Did the Freeman girl really have an abortion, and did she really give the football team VD? Why can't I have a cool-@$$ed 57 like Tony Danza, or maybe the AC Cobra?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Paquita

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 07:09:25 PM »

In Neverending Story, I can never make out the name Sebastian yells out at the end.

He calls "Moonchild" which was his mother's name (apparently she was raised by hippies). Its damn near impossible to make out in the film, but thats the name he uses in Michael Ende's novel.

OOh! thanks! good to know.  Now I can sleep better.  I swear the name he yelled out had 45 syllables.. I'll go with Moonchild.
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »

The ending to 'Session 9' is fairly confusing. 

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 08:38:20 PM »

The ending to 'Session 9' is fairly confusing. 

I can't remember much about the film other than it being shot in an infamous old insane asylum and the ending was quite confusing. 

DarkSider's Realm

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 10:05:04 PM »

Swimming Pool (French/English)

(warning, spoilers below)

Swimming Pool -- WTF? So who was that French girl?

The girl in the movie was a projection of the write (the older women) the girl in the during the film was really the girl at the end ... got it?

TikTac
New Visitor

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 03:20:01 AM »

Everyone has a character arc in those films...

Including the monkey !

I liked all the character subplots going on, but it wasn't really executed right. It was too long of a film that went back and forth and ended up getting very confusing to me.

I always felt the film was about the main character's decent into madness. The room never existed, it was all in his head.

Actually, that's a really good possibility. I hadn't really thought of that before.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies endings/plot points that cause debate (POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.