Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:09:06 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bonnie & Clyde « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bonnie & Clyde  (Read 1812 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: November 17, 2022, 09:17:22 AM »

Almost everyone here knows more about films than I do, as the question I'm going to ask will show, but I've seen the 1967 (I believe it was) movie a few times and thought it was good, but does anyone know how they riddled the car with bullets back then? The bullets supposedly hitting the actors I get, but in slo-mo it looked to me that the holes the bullets supposedly made were going in, not bursting out. Split screen? Reversed the film? How was that achieved?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 10:19:08 AM »

Almost everyone here knows more about films than I do, as the question I'm going to ask will show, but I've seen the 1967 (I believe it was) movie a few times and thought it was good, but does anyone know how they riddled the car with bullets back then? The bullets supposedly hitting the actors I get, but in slo-mo it looked to me that the holes the bullets supposedly made were going in, not bursting out. Split screen? Reversed the film? How was that achieved?

It could be that in certain shots the actors weren't near or in the car and real bullets were used: Don Siegel did this in Coogan's Bluff where an escaped convict shoots at the car Clint Eastwood is in, shattering the windscreen glass and a trained marksman did this.

Bonnie and Clyde
was also banned by the apartheid censor board  TongueOut

« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 10:36:39 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 12:19:59 PM »

I did some googling and found many articles talking about the film, especially the final scene but nothing so far that talked about the practical elements of the effects. I'll keep looking though.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 05:07:01 PM »

All I know about Bonnie & Clyde is that Faye Dunaway was smoooookin' hot back then.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 10:12:45 AM »

(I wonder why I put this under Bad Movies? It was a good movie. Maybe the flu was befuddling my brain earlier than I thought.)

claws
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2022, 08:15:18 AM »

All I know about Bonnie & Clyde is that Faye Dunaway was smoooookin' hot back then.

Trivia: during the Bonnie & Clyde movie hype they interviewed Joan Crawford, and she had nothing but praise for newcomer Faye Dunaway. 14 years later Faye played Joan in Mommie Dearest.

Is it October yet?
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2022, 02:57:26 PM »

Bonnie & Clyde was filmed on Stage 25 at Warner Brothers, where The Big Bang Theory later recorded. It's said traces of Warren Beatty's ego can still be found in the walls.

ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2022, 09:00:54 PM »

I saw it only twice, but I found it well-made, and probably because of very good character development and a swell-structured plot. I didn't notice the issue with issue concerning the shoot-out, though, and probably because I was overly distracted by the yummy Faye.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2022, 10:45:17 AM »

I saw it only twice, but I found it well-made, and probably because of very good character development and a swell-structured plot. I didn't notice the issue with issue concerning the shoot-out, though, and probably because I was overly distracted by the yummy Faye.

I think what men find attractive in women and what women find attractive in other women is an entirely different matter (probably simply coming down to a sexual attraction versus more of an evaluation) but while I know many have regarded Faye Dunaway as the epitome of gorgeous, I honestly have never gotten why. She's certainly not ugly, but she was considered top of the top in her time and often gets ranked high on all-time lists of beautiful actresses to this day.

I do like one famous picture of her sitting poolside, relaxing with her feet up as the sun rises on the long night after she won an Oscar. She looks so tired and happy.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2022, 12:07:42 PM »

Bonnie & Clyde was filmed on Stage 25 at Warner Brothers, where The Big Bang Theory later recorded. It's said traces of Warren Beatty's ego can still be found in the walls.

John Houseman - who produced one of Warren Beatty's earlier films, All Fall Down - said that the DOP on that film flew a helicopter to within a few metres of Beatty's head and that the actor was arrested on the last day of location shooting  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2022, 07:46:53 PM »

"The Movie That Changed Movies"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wI4HXBH9Yc

French-inspired script? I get it now! It's like Melville's movies, including Bob le flambeur.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bonnie & Clyde « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.