Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:13:56 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What MOVIES do you HATE that EVERYBODY ELSE LIKES ?? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: What MOVIES do you HATE that EVERYBODY ELSE LIKES ??  (Read 47392 times)
Jeweller
New Visitor

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2009, 05:32:28 PM »

Had to throw my 2cents worth in here... 
I hate Groundhog Day !!  That is my pick for the worst movie ever.

And I was very disappointed with No Country for Old Men. Couldn't wait to see it, thought it would be awesome, but it just bored me. Such a shame.

Am totally agreeing with the Adam Sandler knockers here too, he's just not funny when he's doing that 'stupid' thing...Billy Madison just makes me want to puke. When he's a bit more serious (as in 50 first dates) he's more bearable.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2009, 07:03:19 PM »

War of the Roses

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »

I am going to say it and sure people are going to burn me in effigy. I did not like the Dark Knight. I totally hated the ending and don't feel that Heath Ledger's preformace as The Joker was any new twist on the character. Will agree if the words on film was added but not a whole new twist on the character. The Joker was always like that except for the comic code years when everyone was conviced that comic books was turning kids into violent, sex addicted, drug fueled hoods.
Also don't think Ledger deserves the Oscar for his preformace but sure he will get it anyway. I have watched the film several times and still don't see what everyone is so excited about. I can't stand the ending what so ever cause it totally goes against everything Batman would do in my opinion. So sorry if I upset anyone because I know most people liked the film but I didn't at all.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Doggett

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2009, 08:09:28 PM »

I am going to say it and sure people are going to burn me in effigy. I did not like the Dark Knight. I totally hated the ending and don't feel that Heath Ledger's preformace as The Joker was any new twist on the character. Will agree if the words on film was added but not a whole new twist on the character. The Joker was always like that except for the comic code years when everyone was conviced that comic books was turning kids into violent, sex addicted, drug fueled hoods.
Also don't think Ledger deserves the Oscar for his preformace but sure he will get it anyway. I have watched the film several times and still don't see what everyone is so excited about. I can't stand the ending what so ever cause it totally goes against everything Batman would do in my opinion. So sorry if I upset anyone because I know most people liked the film but I didn't at all.

I thought he was good, but he wasn't doing anything that wasn't done in the comics. Any actor could do what he did. I thought Aaron Eckhart was terrific but they shouldn't have killed him off.  Bluesad

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2009, 08:48:05 PM »

Actually, the new twist on the Joker isn't new at all.  The verison of the Joker you saw was the original Joker from back in the original comics in the 40s.  I mean that the verison of Joker is based off his first appearance in the original comics before he became the crazy murdering clown we all like. 

You don't understand the ending?  The reason Batman is taking the blame for everyone Harvery did as Two-Face is because he wants the city to still see him as a hero.  Harvery was the first form of justice and hope to the crime filled Gotham City that didn't break the law and that people could look up to.  If people found out what he did, they would lose faith in everything he stood for and would begin to doubt anyone who tried to bring hope back to city.  Does this help you understand what happened?  I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I just want people to have a better understanding of the movie and not to cast it off on problems that can be explained.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2009, 09:08:39 PM »

Actually, the new twist on the Joker isn't new at all.  The verison of the Joker you saw was the original Joker from back in the original comics in the 40s.  I mean that the verison of Joker is based off his first appearance in the original comics before he became the crazy murdering clown we all like. 

You don't understand the ending?  The reason Batman is taking the blame for everyone Harvery did as Two-Face is because he wants the city to still see him as a hero.  Harvery was the first form of justice and hope to the crime filled Gotham City that didn't break the law and that people could look up to.  If people found out what he did, they would lose faith in everything he stood for and would begin to doubt anyone who tried to bring hope back to city.  Does this help you understand what happened?  I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I just want people to have a better understanding of the movie and not to cast it off on problems that can be explained.
First part about The Joker, I said that. I read reprints of the early Joker stories in a huge hardback collection of Batman when I was a kid. So I knew what version was int he film which was not a new twist.
Second, I did understand the ending, I just hated it. It's not how Batman would of done things in my opinion. He would not let people believe he was everything he despised and what Harvey Dent became as Two-Face was just that. Even in the late 30's when Batman carried a gun, he would not shoot someone unless he had a justifiable reason which others would see as justifiable as well.
But like I said, I know a lot of people love the film which is why I expected people to try to politely explain to me or explain away my dislikes to the film.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Raffine

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2009, 09:27:18 PM »

APOCALYPSE NOW

I know, I know.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2009, 09:34:01 PM »

Takes a deep breath...

I'm not a fan of the brat pack movies of the 80s.  Aka Breakfast Club, Pretty In Pink, Say Anything...etc.  I quite dislike most of them...sorry 80s fans...

If you were any other man WE'd kill you where you stand.

However, as you're Darksider...it's not too bad.

I'd stay out of Circus' way for a while.

He's cool.

I can understand why though, but I am totally besotted with all of them!  BounceGiggle

BounceGiggle   Side story....you know whats funny, I never found Molly Ringwald all that cute or attractive.  However shes on this show my wife watches now and she's turned kind of MILFy to my eyes.   When the hell did this happen? 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2009, 09:35:53 PM »

APOCALYPSE NOW

I know, I know.

I agree with you on that.  Smile

Raffine

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2009, 09:41:57 PM »

APOCALYPSE NOW

I know, I know.

I agree with you on that.  Smile

I did enjoy the MAD version: A CROCK-OF-*BLIP* NOW.  Smile

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2009, 09:42:50 PM »

Side note, I don't really "HATE" the Dark Knight but I've realized that the film really isn't all the great.  It kind of pales in comparrion to Batman Begins.  TDK will probably go down as one of the most overhyped films of all time.  

DarkSider's Realm

Doggett

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2009, 09:43:26 PM »

Side note, I don't really "HATE" the Dark Knight but I've realized that the film really isn't all the great.  It kind of pales in comparrion to Batman Begins.  TDK will probably go down as one of the most overhyped films of all time.  

Along with The Princess Bride...

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2009, 09:48:04 PM »

Along with The Princess Bride...
Princess Bride has really lost it's luster after multiple viewings.  At least for me anyhow. 

I hate the Pixar film Cars.  Probably because I hate anything resembling NASCAR.  And I also hate anything Larry The Cable Guy is involved in. 

DarkSider's Realm

vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2009, 11:48:04 PM »

The Godfather
The Dark Knight (if Ledger were alive, would his performance be as idolized. With the exception of sucking his cheeks (or whatever he did with his mouth) I didn't see any great difference between him and Nicholson.)
Porkys (all of them)
American Pie (all of them)
Superbad
and many many others.

TikTac
New Visitor

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2009, 01:07:19 AM »

Mmmmkay, so..

Elf - A lot of my friends went all out raving about how great this movie is and how funny and blah blah blah. Anything with Will Ferrel pretty much makes me want to strangle myself with a phone cord, though, so yeah. Hate this one.

Cloverfield - "IT'S SO TERRIFYING AND AWESOME" No, shut up, it was the most boring movie I have ever seen. It's a bunch of really annoying 20somethings runnin' around screaming. With an indestructible camcorder apparently. What's worse was that scene where the camera guy bites it? THEY RUN UP TO HIS DECAPITATED HEAD AND TAKE THE CAMERA. Who even DOES that?

On the other hand, a lot of the movies I love are movies that everyone else hates so maybe I just have bad taste.

-Tikky
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What MOVIES do you HATE that EVERYBODY ELSE LIKES ?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.