Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:21:42 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What MOVIES do you HATE that EVERYBODY ELSE LIKES ?? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: What MOVIES do you HATE that EVERYBODY ELSE LIKES ??  (Read 46958 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2009, 02:16:02 PM »

Phantasm II, III & IV

I've only seen II and III...I'm guessing I wasn't missing much.

I didn't really understand the plot. Something to do with Jupiter ...

The Tall Man is raiding America's graveyards to re-animate and shrink the dead to be slaves in his dimension. The first film is great, a little confusing and boring to begin with, but the ending is brilliant!  TeddyR

Nukie 2
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I did it all for the...

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2009, 11:57:32 PM »

Across the Universe. Shallow, pretentious,the song interpretations were super-litteral  to the point it was irritating, and I didn't care a thing for the characters. This was made so as to tell the generation Xers in a sentimental manner "this is what we did in the good old days to rebel".

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
hotspur
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2009, 12:32:51 PM »

1) The Wizard of Oz

2) A Few Good Men (T Cruise is, as ever, awful)

3) The Good The Bad & The Ugly

4) Blazing Saddles (Mel Brooks in general)
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2009, 01:21:15 PM »

1) The Wizard of Oz

Infidel! How can you not like The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?

I kind of agree with you about Blazing Saddles but Mel Brooks has had his good moments. The Producers is probably the best thing he ever did. I used to think he was a genius for Young Frankenstein but that seems to have been mostly the work of Gene Wilder.
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »

Plan 9 From Outer Space

Sue me.

-Jimmybob

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2009, 07:07:57 PM »

Plan 9 From Outer Space

Sue me.

-Jimmybob

BLASPHEMER!!!! ( Twirling)

Can you prove it didn't happen????

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2009, 04:06:40 PM »

I didn't enjoy it. I was all hyped up and ready for "the best b-movie ever!" but I was really disappointed. I even turned it off towards the end; I was sick of it.  Bluesad

-Jimmybob

schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2009, 04:10:21 PM »

I highly recommend watching "Plan 9" as a double feature, right after watching "Ed Wood". Then you can say "OMG, it's exactly as bad as Ed Wood made it out to be, and they really did try to get away with using Wood's girfriend's orthodontist's cousin or whoever it was as a stand-in for Lugosi!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2009, 05:48:57 PM »

I didn't enjoy it. I was all hyped up and ready for "the best b-movie ever!" but I was really disappointed. I even turned it off towards the end; I was sick of it.  Bluesad

-Jimmybob

Give it another chance in a few years.  I was actually a little underwhelmed the first time I saw it, but it improved with subsequent viewings.  You start to focus on the little details rather than the big picture, and you can see something humorous in pretty much every shot.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
The Dungeonmaster
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2009, 08:08:27 PM »

Shawn of the Dead - Everybody loves this stinkin' thing, it's soooo awesomely hilarious.  I turned it off halfway through.  Wasn't the least bit funny, just a bunch of slackers standing around being slackers.  I've seen that crap done 10 times better in just about any other movie with that type of characters. 

Same here. I can't stand that piece of junk.

Children of Men is a recent one. I just saw it on recommendation and the internet is full of rave reviews. I thought it was terrible.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2009, 02:50:09 PM »

1) The Wizard of Oz

I can understand all of the above (particularly A FEW GOOD MEN) but I thought, long ago, that I "hated" THE WIZARD OF OZ, and after decades of not looking at it, rediscovered it, saw it for being one of the best films ever made, and the parts I "hated" the most (the songs - particularly the Lion's) I now enjoy thoroughly - with "King of da Foresht" my favorite part.  I'm going to guess you're pretty young, 'cause when I was young (sonny!) I hated  Hatred MEL BROOKS' movies until I saw THE TWELVE CHAIRS and thought why doesn't anybody watch this one...?  It's hilarious!  I still don't like THE PRODUCERS a whole bunch (avatar aside) but think BLAZING SADDLES is wonderful and YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN one of the best movies ever made...  Lookingup (oops there I go again using superlatives...)  THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY??  Hoo-boy.  What do you like?   Wink 
 Cheers
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 02:51:55 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2009, 02:53:01 PM »

Shawn of the Dead - Everybody loves this stinkin' thing, it's soooo awesomely hilarious.  I turned it off halfway through.  Wasn't the least bit funny, just a bunch of slackers standing around being slackers.  I've seen that crap done 10 times better in just about any other movie with that type of characters. 

Same here. I can't stand that piece of junk.

Children of Men is a recent one. I just saw it on recommendation and the internet is full of rave reviews. I thought it was terrible.

Shaun Of The Dead was plain boring. I didn't think it was the end of the film properly.....just in the pub. One guy gets pulled apart, that's it!  Thumbdown

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2009, 09:17:34 PM »

I can understand all of the above (particularly A FEW GOOD MEN) but I thought, long ago, that I "hated" THE WIZARD OF OZ, and after decades of not looking at it, rediscovered it, saw it for being one of the best films ever made, and the parts I "hated" the most (the songs - particularly the Lion's) I now enjoy thoroughly - with "King of da Foresht" my favorite part.  I'm going to guess you're pretty young, 'cause when I was young (sonny!) I hated  Hatred MEL BROOKS' movies until I saw THE TWELVE CHAIRS and thought why doesn't anybody watch this one...?  It's hilarious!  I still don't like THE PRODUCERS a whole bunch (avatar aside) but think BLAZING SADDLES is wonderful and YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN one of the best movies ever made...  Lookingup (oops there I go again using superlatives...)  THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY??  Hoo-boy.  What do you like?   Wink 
 Cheers
[/quote]
Agreed whole heartedly.  Although, I grew up loving Mel Brooks flicks.  Even bought one of the the "3000 Year Old Man" cd's at the ripe old age of 13.  But I'm weird so, to each their own.

Although, I do say, A Few Good Men was vastly overrated as far as I'm concerned.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Kean
New Visitor

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2009, 01:37:06 AM »

Superbad[/i] - Despite the world telling me this movie is hi-larious, I was more disgusted than anything. Couldn't even finish it. Boring and moronic is the best I'd give it.

Lord of the Rings - Oh, I just know I'mma get flamed real good for this one. Most of my dislike comes from no attachment to the characters, I think. Frodo was just annoying to me and it was just all down hill from there. I watched the extended additions with my friends and wanted to stab myself for all six hours of the last one.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2009, 12:59:49 PM »

Superbad[/i] - Despite the world telling me this movie is hi-larious, I was more disgusted than anything. Couldn't even finish it. Boring and moronic is the best I'd give it.

Lord of the Rings - Oh, I just know I'mma get flamed real good for this one. Most of my dislike comes from no attachment to the characters, I think. Frodo was just annoying to me and it was just all down hill from there. I watched the extended additions with my friends and wanted to stab myself for all six hours of the last one.

I hate Lord Of The Rings, give me the book anyday... 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What MOVIES do you HATE that EVERYBODY ELSE LIKES ?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.