Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:21:39 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What MOVIES do you HATE that EVERYBODY ELSE LIKES ?? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: What MOVIES do you HATE that EVERYBODY ELSE LIKES ??  (Read 46927 times)
Cult_Moody_Movies
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2022, 03:00:19 AM »

1. The catalog of Quentin Tarantino - Glorified fanboy that cuts and pastes.
2. The Little Mermaid (1989) - Ariel is a selfish brat and a poster child of everything I hate about the Disney formula.
3. Scream (1996) - Slasher film for yuppies.
4. The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Not a musical guy and even this one didn't entertain me.
5. Avatar (2009) - Bloated and generic sci-fi with bland characters. Pretty SFX aren't enough to carry a film.

claws
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2022, 05:11:00 AM »

Hate is such a strong word. I just really dislike Unbreakable (2000). I wasn't feeling it, it did nothing for me at all.
The Butterfly Effect (2004) - People call it underrated. Acting is awful, plenty of unintentional funny moments and it looks like a cheap 1990s cable TV movie. It only works for me as a bad movie.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 09:43:04 AM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2022, 09:30:57 AM »

A Christmas Story
The Wizard of Oz
LOTR

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2022, 01:44:25 PM »

... Avatar (2009) - Bloated and generic sci-fi with bland characters. Pretty SFX aren't enough to carry a film...
Huge hit.  Can't stand it.  Also add CAMERON's TITANIC (1997).  I enjoy hating on that one...

Hate is such a strong word...

Indeed, but the thread is almost 14 years old... things were much livelier here then.  You had to be snappy.   TeddyR 

A Christmas Story
The Wizard of Oz
LOTR

Too bad for you.  The first two typically yield a young cynic's reactionary response.  One is good, one is great.  Now that third one...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
beat_truck
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2022, 03:16:19 AM »

A Christmas Story
I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I still can't figure out why that POS is such a beloved classic that they'll play it for 24 hours straight on TV. Lookingup
chainsaw midget

« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2022, 07:44:25 AM »

A Christmas Story
I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I still can't figure out why that POS is such a beloved classic that they'll play it for 24 hours straight on TV. Lookingup
I don't think it's a bad movie, but it's not great.  I'm with you though, I've never understood why it gets the 24 hour treatment. 
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2022, 11:11:59 PM »

Halloween movies.  Yeah back when JLC was hawt there were a couple reasons to watch them, but now that she's turned into the crypt keeper (it's from one of her movies)  there's no appeal to a story about a boring supervillain,  which is all Mikey Meyers really is,  a boring super villain.

Ditto for the Friday the 13th movies. Ghawd I watched the one with Jason in space, because I'm a scifiphile, and he made it dull. I watched the one with him vs Freddy and at least Freddy wasn't booooooring.

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2022, 07:47:45 AM »

Halloween movies.  Yeah back when JLC was hawt there were a couple reasons to watch them, but now that she's turned into the crypt keeper (it's from one of her movies)  there's no appeal to a story about a boring supervillain,  which is all Mikey Meyers really is,  a boring super villain.

Ditto for the Friday the 13th movies. Ghawd I watched the one with Jason in space, because I'm a scifiphile, and he made it dull. I watched the one with him vs Freddy and at least Freddy wasn't booooooring.

I agree, the first HALLOWEEN was OK, the third HALLOWEEN was campy fun, the rest are awful. I've never enjoyed a single minute of any of the FRIDAY THE 13TH movies. Slashers just aren't my thing, they're giallo with the plot and style stripped away. They can only entertain me by being so-bad-they're-good and those are few and far between. The NIGHTMARE ON ELM SERIES is decent, though; a lot more imagination and a much better villain.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2022, 04:56:25 PM »

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION

'graytest moovie evaar', yet so pompous and pretentious that it's almost funny. almost.

AMERICAN PSYCHO

perhaps it's cause I'd already read the book, but this couldn't have done the book less justice if it tried. having said that, it is an unfilmable book, and no one should have tried anyway

FIGHT CLUB

currently imdb's #12 rated movie. one of the most repellant, obnoxious, arse-clenchingly inept attempts to make a 'deep' 'challenging' and 'radical' movie I've ever witnessed

RAMBO

pure boredom from start to finish!

The Exorcist. One of only two movies I've ever fallen asleep to while watching in the cinema.

snap. I fall asleep every time I try and watch this... including when I saw it in the cinema when it got 'un-banned' in the uk

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2022, 08:36:28 PM »

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION

'graytest moovie evaar', yet so pompous and pretentious that it's almost funny. almost.

AMERICAN PSYCHO

perhaps it's cause I'd already read the book, but this couldn't have done the book less justice if it tried. having said that, it is an unfilmable book, and no one should have tried anyway

FIGHT CLUB

currently imdb's #12 rated movie. one of the most repellant, obnoxious, arse-clenchingly inept attempts to make a 'deep' 'challenging' and 'radical' movie I've ever witnessed

RAMBO

The Exorcist. One of only two movies I've ever fallen asleep to while watching in the cinema.

snap. I fall asleep every time I try and watch this... including when I saw it in the cinema when it got 'un-banned' in the uk

SHAWSHANK - don't hate it but it's the most overrated movie ever.

AMERICAN PSYCHO - haven't seen it since it came out but I remember liking, not loving it

FIGHT CLUB - Great movie! Not "deep," just a really well-done twist, clever, iconically quotable.

But did I mention I can't stand GOOD WILL HUNTING? A movie about genius should be smart, not full of Dr. Phil level psychology.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2022, 11:59:19 PM »

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION

Definitely overrated, but if you'd read the novella it's based on, it's a vast improvement. 
FIGHT CLUB

You called that one.   Thumbup

RAMBO

Dig it!

I think THE EXORCIST is powerful and I can't imagine anyone sleeping through Regan impaling herself in the private shouting "Fudge Christ!" not exactly. 

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2022, 04:18:30 AM »

I don't remember ever getting to that scene, so I must be long gone by that stage  TeddyR

But did I mention I can't stand GOOD WILL HUNTING?

I re-read the whole thread before replying and you did, yes. and I agree! cringeworthy film. so faux-intellectual

obviously we all have our various likes and pet hates, but someone actually mentioned BACK TO THE FUTURE - a film which I'm genuinely surprised anyone could actively dislike. (and so a valid nomination in this thread)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2022, 03:30:02 AM »

But did I mention I can't stand GOOD WILL HUNTING? A movie about genius should be smart, not full of Dr. Phil level psychology.

The fake sequel Good Will Hunting 2: Hunting Season is great  BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2022, 08:07:46 AM »

While I do like some his movies, most of the Christopher Nolan's stuff is extremely overrated. The man can take a dump in front of the camera for three hours (because that's how long it's going to be for sure) and everyone will go nuts for it.

The man is simply pretentious, and I feel like he's now just making movies to show off his skills and techniques instead of achieving a good movie, kinda like the Coen Brothers do.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2022, 02:51:52 PM »

I watched much of this this morning.  I can see where the first half hour is slow and could be described as boring.  It is merely a slow burn.  And I suspect that by the time you saw it, the shock value might have been lost, a generational thing I expect.  Are you 50?  Then you're too young to appreciate the shock value, which is not just generational but cultural.  Much gorier and violent foul films followed THE EXORCIST making audiences enured to its shock.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What MOVIES do you HATE that EVERYBODY ELSE LIKES ?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.