Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:01:59 PM
713353 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What SONG do you HATE that you think everyone else LIKES « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: What SONG do you HATE that you think everyone else LIKES  (Read 29110 times)
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 08:47:32 PM »

Lessee, "Achy, Breaky Heart"? Check. "Stairway to Heaven"? Check.

Howzabout: Almost anything by The Rolling Stones. They are a garage band that never got any better, and their lyrics are mostly stupid.

Most of Led Zeppelin. They are pretentious hacks. As are The Who.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 06:24:19 AM »

Howzabout: Almost anything by The Rolling Stones. They are a garage band that never got any better, and their lyrics are mostly stupid.

Your breaking my heart...I LOVE early Stones... Bluesad
Ah,well...one man's trash is another's treasure....which accounts for a BAD MOVIES site!  TeddyR
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 06:26:38 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 08:44:35 AM »

Ah,well...one man's trash is another's treasure....which accounts for a BAD MOVIES site!  TeddyR

I have no problem with anyone loving the Stones. They just don't do anything for me. But, then, I used to be a huge Manilow fan, so you probably don't want me liking the same music as you  TongueOut.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 12:50:03 PM »

The Who.....pretentious hacks!?   Buggedout

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 01:41:35 PM »

Billie Jean, Michael Jackson. Hatred
 Hatred
 Hatred
 Hatred
 Hatred
 Hatred

Hatred

This was played all the time when I was in sixth form. Which I dropped out of. I'm blame the song.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 01:49:14 PM »

Lessee, "Achy, Breaky Heart"? Check. "Stairway to Heaven"? Check.

"Stairway to Heaven" was a staple of high school dances, but that had a lot to do with the fact that it is (a) a slow dance, meaning close physical contact, and (b) long.

That said, I really do love this song.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 07:04:28 PM »

"Stairway to Heaven" was a staple of high school dances, but that had a lot to do with the fact that it is (a) a slow dance, meaning close physical contact, and (b) long.

That said, I really do love this song.

I burnt myself out on "Stairway to Heaven" when I was a young teenager.  Listened to it so many times that my love for it boomeranged and I grew to hate, hate, hate it.  After not hearing it for about 20 years, it came on one day when I was trapped in a barber chair and forced to listen to it.  I sort of liked it again; three different melodies, nice development for a rock song, great guitar solo by Page.  I could stand to hear it again in another 20 years. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 07:27:29 PM »

I have no problem with anyone loving the Stones. They just don't do anything for me. But, then, I used to be a huge Manilow fan, so you probably don't want me liking the same music as you  TongueOut.

Well,we all love B-movies....so all of us here on this sight are pretty used to,and accept the fact,that different tastes are what makes us individuals. Most of the mainstream doesn't like what we like. Get alot of misfits of society together....and we're gonna not agree on everything. I think thats why everyone on this site gets along pretty well with each other. We all respect the individuality and opinion of others. We're not lemmings. WE ARE REBELS,MAN! (In a nerdy kinda way.... TeddyR)

(Did any of that make sense?   Question )

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Paquita

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 07:30:21 PM »

I just recently found out that a good chunk of the songs I hate are all by the Steve Miller Band! I really didnt know that all those songs were by the same guy.  I've got to say he's got to be pretty talented to create such a wide range of suck that I couldnt even identify that it was all the same band.

I also really hate everything from REM and U2.  I'd rather puke out my intestines and swallow them again than listen to one of their songs.  I literally have to change the channel if one comes on.

Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin I used to like, but they were overplayed and their songs NEVER END and i can't stand them now.

I also can't stand the damn Christmas Shoes song, but I dont know if anyone else really likes that. And the John Lennon Christmas song and every version of it.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 07:44:59 PM »

Anything by MEATLOAF!  Hatred
I recall reading an interview with him where that a$$ claims to be an originator of punk music. Gimme a break. He represented to me all that punk was against. Meatloaf does NOT rock!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 10:26:37 PM »

Anything by MEATLOAF!  Hatred
I recall reading an interview with him where that a$$ claims to be an originator of punk music. Gimme a break. He represented to me all that punk was against. Meatloaf does NOT rock!
Meatloaf to me is broadway meets rock n roll.  Either way it equals "suck". 

Ok this next one I can't even stomach myself to find on youtube...Don't Worry Be Happy By Bobby McFerrin.  Then again, I'm somewhat convinced no one likes this song...not even Bobby himself. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 10:33:17 PM »

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

I think I hate the fact that it's always treated as Queens best and it isn't.
Princes of the Universe is.
Hmm.  I always considered "Fat Bottomed Girls" to be their best. Wink

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Paquita

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 02:42:11 AM »

Hmm.  I always considered "Fat Bottomed Girls" to be their best. Wink

i love fat bottom girls (both the song and the real thing)! that song will NEVER get old!
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 02:51:15 AM »

"Who Wants to Live Forever" is the best Queen song.  It's a scientific fact.   (<--  said in best Homer Simpson voice.)

Remember, it's a song that you hate that you think other people like.

NO ONE thinks that the Achy Breaky song is good.  But I'm 100% with ya RC, I hate that song a lot.

I really, really hate Free Bird.  That flailing, endless, I'm-so-effed-up-that-I-can't-make-the-solo-stop solo... gaaah!  Gaaaah!  And I do think that some number of people do like the song (wrong as they may be, to do so).

"Dont' Wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith.  That song is worthy of hate.

I could live a long time and not hear "Stairway" or "Love in an Elevator" again, and that'd be good, but that is not the same thing as hating the songs for what they are.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 04:02:56 AM »

.MY ACHY BREAKY HEART-Billy Ray Cyrus. Seems like every old lady and drunken hillbilly in the bar back in the day would sing this on kareoke night . And badly,at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAwmgRV7BJk

BEGONE! IT IS THE HOLY FATHER THAT COMMANDS YOU! THE EVERLASTING GHOST THAT COMMANDS YOU! THE SWEET MOTHER OF OUR SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST THAT COMMANDS YOU!   hot NOOOOOOoooooooOOOOO!!! ARHHHHHH!!!    Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

KRIASSSSK!!! tingle tingle....
(Sound of glass breaking as I jump out a window)

THUMP!
(sound of me hitting the pavement)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!!!

(me still screaming because the window is on the first floor)

hmmm...I'll take a wild guess and say you didn't quite catch the 'Cyrus Virus' then. TeddyR

:edit:
bill hicks on billy ray cyrus -- skip to 1:20 where he starts
Small | Large
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 04:15:30 AM by DCA » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What SONG do you HATE that you think everyone else LIKES « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.