Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:05:55 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What SONG do you HATE that you think everyone else LIKES « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: What SONG do you HATE that you think everyone else LIKES  (Read 29281 times)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2009, 08:51:19 PM »

Aw, c'mawn.  Of Bowie's earlier stuff, "China Girl" is much, MUCH more annoying than Ziggy Stardust.

CaptnTripps
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2009, 09:39:21 AM »

Small | Large

I dont like Kurt in general, but I really hate this song. Hatred

"Look at this! It bit me, i've been savaged"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2009, 09:44:55 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPQR-OsH0RQ

I agree with you on that sucker. The ultimate buzz killer. The song that ended the party, an led to the depression of the world. How on earth it's regarded as some masterpiece is beyond me. Yes, it was important for it's time, as tastes and trends were changing. But, dear me.....the lyrics are pathetic. It's just THAT damn riff.....

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2009, 10:32:55 PM »

You're not alone.  Although it is catchy, everytime I hear Kurt slur "An albino... a mullato... a mosquito... my libido" I think, there were people in the 1990s who really believed that guy was a genius?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2009, 05:18:37 AM »

in kurt cobain's defence his lyrics are deliberately abstract and poetic, more stream-of-consciousness opposed to directly meaningful, but a lot of them do have meaning, or at least a subtext...personally I think his lyrics are original and, dare I say it, 'deep'. (also I think nirvana's tunes kick ass)... thats just my 2c

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2009, 12:29:36 PM »

Anything Eric Clapton or Bruce Springstein.  Just... no thanks.  Not my kind of stuff. 

Other songs...

Small | Large

A lot of people liked this song when it came out, and it seemed like I was the only one that positively hated it.  I think that has shifted nowadays, as a lot of people seem to rip into Fred Durst and Limp Bizkit just in general. 

Small | Large

This song makes me think of trailer parks. 

Small | Large

I can't stand her voice.  She sounds like a whiny dolphin.

Small | Large

I'm on the fence about Weezer.  Some of their songs are fun to listen to, and then you have this one.  It makes me want to pour acid into my ears.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2009, 12:34:35 PM »

Joe, I agree. All those songs are a disgrace.  Thumbdown

akiratubo

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2009, 04:38:31 PM »

FREEBIRD

Freeeeeeeeeeee aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird nooooooooooooooooooooow

The sumb***h sounds like he's so stoned he can barely talk, and it goes on for freaking ever!  I don't even care much for the guitar solo.  I've heard twelve year olds dragging the pick across the strings and moving their fingers around on the fretboard pretty much at random sound as good as that supposedly awesome solo.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 05:02:44 PM »

1) ANYTHING by Bob Seiger
2) Anything by Chicago
3) The song 'Beth' by KISS. Worst song EVER as far as I'm concerned
4) Most Pink Floyd
5) Most Zepplin
6) Most Dio
7) Most Metallica
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 05:11:25 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2009, 05:14:21 PM »

Imagine, by John Lennon

I hate this song. If it comes on the radio, I shut it off. If other people are present, they invariably protest this. Everybody seems to love this song about peace and love and sharing. As far as I can tell, Lennon thought if we all became a bunch of atheists and communists with no heritage, no authority and no ambition, the world would be a paradise. I don't think I imagined the same outcome he did.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2009, 08:12:23 PM »

You might like this:
"Smells Like Nirvana" by Weird Al Yankovic
Small | Large

I love the random appearance in the audience by Dick Van Patten.  And the backstory of the song.  Al calls up his friend Victoria Jackson (of Saturday Night Live) and tells her that he has a great idea for a Nirvana parody.  He then says that Kurt's on tour and he can't get a hold of him.  She says, "Well, they're on SNL this weekend."  He says, "Can I talk to Kurt?"  She gets Kurt to call Al.  Al says he'd like to do a parody.  Kurt says, "Sure no problem.  But, wait, it's not about food, is it?"  Al goes, "Oh, no, it's about how nobody understands a thing you're singing in your songs because you're unintelligible."  Kurt's like, "That's cool.  Can't wait to hear it."

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2009, 09:37:15 PM »

You're not alone.  Although it is catchy, everytime I hear Kurt slur "An albino... a mullato... a mosquito... my libido" I think, there were people in the 1990s who really believed that guy was a genius?
He doesn't "slur".  He croaks... or is it a shriek?  I took the lyric as describing an awkward, smelly, childish, selfish sexual encounter, self conscious with late 20th century STDs, painfully revealing the narrator's own deep self loathing and contempt: he sees himself as some half-blood sickly white insignificant annoyance of an insect injector hungry for blood... "With the lights out its less dangerous... Here we are now... Entertain us... I feel stupid and contagious... Here we are now... Entertain us... A mulatto An albino A mosquito My libido..."
That record isn't just about lyrics but also it's great sound (ridiculing great records' lyrics is an old schtick of STEVE ALLEN's going back to him - quite amusingly - reciting with deadpan seriousness GENE VINCENT's "Be-Bop-A-Lula" on his first TV show).  The record's stirring 'cause it's great. 

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2009, 10:19:33 AM »

Anything by Metallica
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2009, 11:27:58 AM »

6) Most Dio

HOW COULD YOU!  Buggedout

MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2009, 11:57:22 AM »

Does everyone actually like Dio?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What SONG do you HATE that you think everyone else LIKES « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.