Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:40:03 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Evil dead 4? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Evil dead 4?  (Read 4901 times)
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 08, 2009, 08:45:35 AM »

Check out what I just found!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288558/

According to Imdb there is going to be a sequel!
AWESOME!!
Also you can see at the "movie connections" at any evil dead movie that it will be/is followed by Evil Dead IV!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092991/movieconnections
But Ash must be played by Bruce Campbell. Otherwise, it's no good.
What are you opinions?
Cthulhu

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 08:50:21 AM »

Oh, yeah, some of you may already know this, but to others, this may be new.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 05:30:42 PM »

Thanks, I wasn't aware of it.

Here's a blog post from 6 months ago that says Bruce is on board: http://gawker.com/5029644/sam-raimi-confirms-evil-dead-4

I'm hopeful, but sort of afraid they won't be able to recapture the magic after so long.  I fear an INDIANA JONES AND THE CRYSTAL SKULL type outing that ends the series on a down note.  Knock on wood that I'm wrong.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 07:05:32 PM »

The imdb thought there was going to be a forth Jurassic Park film and there wasn't.

Don't believe it till I see it.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jim H

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 11:18:58 PM »

Bruce Campbell has said there's no chance of it til Raimi is done with the Spider-Man films.  I also am finding it difficult to imagine them doing an Evil Dead 4 with the Evil Dead remake coming out soon.  Seems like that would scuttle its chances pretty bad.

I don't think there is any studio backing at all for an ED4, just that Raimi say he'd be willing to do it at some point, and so would Campbell.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Might also be worth noting that Campbell is locked under contract on Burn Notice - dunno if he'd have time for a starring role in a film or not.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 12:24:21 PM »

Who knows; it could happen. That's currently slated for 2011, and by next year we could possibly see Spider-Man 4, which would leave Raimi open for a bit.

They should scrap the idea of an Evil Dead remake though, or at least merge that idea into Evil Dead 4. Have Bruce star with some younger actors and allow him to pass the torch to a new generation of Deadite-slayers. I'd be ok with that.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Torgo

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 01:10:58 AM »

I read a while back where Bruce said that the only way Sam Raimi would do a 4th Evil Dead is if they were given a 40 million budget.  Just think of the possibilities if someone was willing to do just that!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Terf
Bad Movie Lover

I wish I could be as popular as you think you are.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 08:41:46 PM »

Why doesn't Raimi just save time and make "Spiderman vs. the Evil Dead in 2D!"

Things could be worse; you could be twins.
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 09:00:02 PM »

I read a while back where Bruce said that the only way Sam Raimi would do a 4th Evil Dead is if they were given a 40 million budget.  Just think of the possibilities if someone was willing to do just that!

If it was actually a horror film, rather than the action film that AoD is, it could certainly turn a profit with a 40 million budget.  Seems like any horror film with an established fan base today pulls in 80-90 million at the box office, then cleans up on DVD. 

Sometimes makes me wish I was a billionaire.  I'd be like "Done!  Here's a check!"
CaptnTripps
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 07:33:13 PM »

Who knows; it could happen. That's currently slated for 2011, and by next year we could possibly see Spider-Man 4, which would leave Raimi open for a bit.

They should scrap the idea of an Evil Dead remake though, or at least merge that idea into Evil Dead 4. Have Bruce star with some younger actors and allow him to pass the torch to a new generation of Deadite-slayers. I'd be ok with that.
I agree, id rather them fail at an Evil Dead 4, then to fail at a remake of the first one.

"Look at this! It bit me, i've been savaged"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 07:39:46 PM »

The Evil Dead does not need to be remade, it will suck bad. The original is a cult masterpiece. As for a 4th, I'm open minded, but hey, I hated Army Of Darkness......so what the hell do I know?  Smile

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Evil dead 4? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.