Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:02:59 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Which is the best Invasion of the Body snatchers ? « previous next »
Poll
Question: As above
The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) - 9 (60%)
The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) - 5 (33.3%)
Body Snatchers - 0 (0%)
The Invasion - 1 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Which is the best Invasion of the Body snatchers ?  (Read 7574 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« on: February 10, 2009, 04:44:24 PM »

For me it's :

1. IOTBS, 78
2. Body Snatchers
3. IOTBS, 56
4. The Invasion

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 05:10:51 PM »

I voted for the 1956 version.  But I love the 1978 version, too.  BODY SNATCHERS was okay.  THE INVASION stunk.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 05:38:24 PM »

The 1956 and 1993 versions are very good but I like the atmosphere of the 1978 version with it's sometimes freakish imagery and effective pacing.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 07:18:27 PM »

I voted for the 1956 version cause I always love films and shows from that era with "Red Menace" undertones to them. I always find them fun to watch.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
peter johnson

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 12:00:11 PM »

1956 -- the year I was born -- has Kevin McCarthy in it!  Kevin did paranoia probably better than any other actor of his day.

Anyone see Anthony Hopkins' new film "Slipstream"?  Kevin has a fairly large role in it as himself!!  53 years later, and the man is STILL working!!

peter johnson/denny impressed

I have no idea what this means.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 03:16:51 PM »

My only fear is that around 5 years from now some movie big wig will think it's a good idea to do a remake of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS starring either Keanu Reeves (who acts like an emotionless alien anyway) or Vin Diesel.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 06:49:02 PM »

I really like the original, in fact just saw it again a couple of months ago on TCM.  I think for creepiness factor the 1978 version get's my nod for atmosphere.

The 1993 version had one good thing going for it, Gabrielle Anwar (she is hot in Burn Notice).    I skipped the Invasion which pretty much got universally ripped by critics before it was even released.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Torgo

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 11:18:28 PM »

I've always liked the 1978 version the most.  It's one of the creepiest movies ever made.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 04:04:24 PM »

I say The Invasion...

Everyone on the board's reaction I suspect:  Question  Hatred  Question  Buggedout  Question

My Reply to Everyone to save them the time: What?  I like the happier ending than the other 3 movies!  I like happy endings!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 04:05:37 PM »

'78 version  Wink

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 06:21:03 PM »

'58 version!
Anyone notice that Kevin McCarthy appears in the '78 version saying the same lines?

YOUR NEXT!!! YOUR NEXT!!!

Small | Large

I did enjoy the '78 version as well...a GREAT cast! Lenord Nimoy AND Donald Sutherland! And the man headed dog was just BUGGED!!!!!  Buggedout

Not sure I seen the others...mebbe I did see the one with the teenager....not good enuff to be memorable,I guess....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doggett

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 07:24:10 PM »

I don't know why I started this topic....

It all seems irrelevent. Why don't you all go to sleep. You'll agree with me in the morning.

Why is this one always forgotton...

Small | Large

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 09:00:40 PM »

I voted for the '56 version, because it is one of the few movies to genuinely creep me out. It's been years since I've seen it, but I remember not liking the '78 version all that much. Body Snatchers wasn't that great except for Meg Tilly's line: "Where you gonna go, where you gonna run, where you gonna hide? Nowhere... 'cause there's no one like you left." She did that line so well that I still quote it, usually receiving weird looks in return 'cause so few people around here know that movie.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Doggett

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 08:54:37 AM »

I voted for the '56 version, because it is one of the few movies to genuinely creep me out. It's been years since I've seen it, but I remember not liking the '78 version all that much. Body Snatchers wasn't that great except for Meg Tilly's line: "Where you gonna go, where you gonna run, where you gonna hide? Nowhere... 'cause there's no one like you left." She did that line so well that I still quote it, usually receiving weird looks in return 'cause so few people around here know that movie.

But, Derf, you are the only one left...

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 10:57:48 AM »

But, Derf, you are the only one left...

That's just because my brain is so sophisticated that the pods explode when trying to imitate it  BounceGiggle Twirling BounceGiggle.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Which is the best Invasion of the Body snatchers ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.