Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:57:39 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  REALLY Obscure Killer Creature Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: REALLY Obscure Killer Creature Movies  (Read 11550 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 10:10:37 PM »

Which one of those listed is really that obscure?

How about ...

WANGMAGWI (1968)
PULGASARI (1985)

Makes me wonder what kind of moster movies they're making in North Korea these days.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 10:13:20 PM »

Two animal attack films to add:

Deadly Eyes (a remake of "The Killer Shrews" with dachshunds wearing rat costumes)
The Wild Beasts Will Get You (chemicals in the water supply make animals go crazy - see a flamethrower used on real rats.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »

Which one of those listed is really that obscure?

How about ...

WANGMAGWI (1968)
PULGASARI (1985)

Makes me wonder what kind of moster movies they're making in North Korea these days.

Asia can put out some pretty sick films. Not really a creature film, but a horror nonetheless.
Check out Tetsuo (1989) Japan

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 10:34:41 PM »

I just watched NIGHTWING on Fearnet the other night. A very under rated Vampire bat attack film from the 70's!
I would like to add...
.The RAT'S ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLFS ARE HERE!-ask Raffine-Andy Milligan(gasp) !
.Killer bears! In PROPHECY and NIGHT of the GRIZZALY!
.So many Killer Bee movies....the KILLER BEES,SWARM for example...
.the NAKED JUNGLE-Charleton Heston vs. army ants! CLASSIC!!!!
.SQUIRM!!!!-Worms! Sand worms!!! YOWIE!!!!
.the DEADLY MANTIS-a gigantic killer mantis,of course!
.IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA-Harryhausen ! Not quite an octopus...not enuff limbs...so whut! CLASSIC!
.the MONSTER that CHALLENGED the WORLD-Killer snail? You bet!!!!
.The MYSTERIOUS ISLAND has giant bees and snails and lotsa critters!
.Bert I Gordon's FOOD of the GODS has a killer chicken!!!! And Giant rats! And maggots! And Ida Lupino!
....I could go on forever! But my exclamation point key would get worn to the nub if I do! This thrread is too much fun!!!!

Trailer for FOOD of the GODS! (and it's got Marjoe Gortner as the hero! Too great. I LOVE this movie.)

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 11:12:41 PM »

We forgot about Ben. Where else do you get a creature film that has a young pre-creepy child molesting Michael Jackson singing the title song like it's a love song. And lets not forgets the hordes of rats that the super-rat Ben leads in attack.

Come to think of it, maybe the fact Michael Jackson sang the title song to this film the way he did should of been taken as warning sign for the future.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 11:33:13 PM »

Any love for FROGS?

Not by Ray Milland,I reckon...!

Small | Large

Suppose that a stuffed bass gave you a heart attack? FROGS IS COMING.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:36:46 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 12:49:59 AM »

WANGMAGWI (1968)

Do you actually have a copy of that one?

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 07:14:14 AM »

Empire of the Ants is an obscure creature flick, though not too obscure...

Dance of the Dwarfs is a film I think I am one of the few Americans to know about, though the creatures disappointingly only show up in full-body glory a few minutes till the end.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 08:07:28 AM »

She Creature - quite a good movie about a killer mermaid.
Breeders (1998) - space creature loose in an all girls college
Cemetery Gates - mutated Tasmanian Devil goes on an over the top gore fest
Curse of the Komodo - Giant Komodo dragons chase after some hot babes
Dragon Storm - Dragons vs. villagers - surprisingly good special effects.
Horror Express - Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee vs. ancient bigfoot creature.
Hybrid - nasty critter eats people in a post apocalyptic future.
Inseminoid - space monster threatens people on a distant moon.  Good early '80s atmospheric film.
It Waits - Cerina Vincent looks all hot and sexy while a creature chases her around the woods.  Unfortunately wanted to be a Lifetime movie of the week pretty badly.
Jigsaw - a mannequin kills college kids
Killer Rats - that's right - killer rats - in a psychiatric hospital
King of the Lost World - sexy babes, King Kong gets nuked, Bruce Boxleitner - this movie's got it all!
Moontrap - alien robots chase Bruce Campbell and Chekov from Star Trek around the moon.
Within the Rock - Alien rock monster after some people on an asteroid.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 09:05:08 AM »

WANGMAGWI (1968)

No, a friend of mine had a very poor VHS bootleg he picked up in China I saw a few years ago ... it's been on my find a better copy list ever since. He now doesn't know what he did with the tape, no knowing it's rarity.

ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 12:59:14 PM »

THE CAR (1977) - A killer . . . you guessed it. Like RC once pointed the thing likes to kill hippy french horn players.

KILLDOZER (1974) - A piece of demon-possessed construction equipment (guess what!) on the rampage on a tiny island.

BLACK DEVIL DOLL FROM HELL (1984) - Again, the title pretty much gives it away.
I've been told by folks much wiser than myself that under no circumstances do I want to see this - so its tops on my 'To See' list.

you can watch this movie online/download it at www.cultrararevideos.com

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 06:20:06 PM »

WANGMAGWI (1968)

No, a friend of mine had a very poor VHS bootleg he picked up in China I saw a few years ago ... it's been on my find a better copy list ever since. He now doesn't know what he did with the tape, no knowing it's rarity.

The only known print is housed at the Korean Film Archive.   It was never released legitimately as far as anyone knows, but if there was vhs bootlegs then there must have been a Chinese/Japanese/Korean release at some point decades ago.  Now I have something else to try to track down that will probably be impossible to find!

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 07:41:19 PM »

WANGMAGWI (1968)

The only known print is housed at the Korean Film Archive.   It was never released legitimately as far as anyone knows, but if there was vhs bootlegs then there must have been a Chinese/Japanese/Korean release at some point decades ago.  Now I have something else to try to track down that will probably be impossible to find!

From what I know it's occasionally shown at Asian film festivals, the copy he had was clearly a camcorder bootleg copy. Not square and shaky, I know he got it in mainland China or Honk Kong I saw it about 2 or 3 years ago and asked him for it a while back to make a DVD copy of it, but yesterday I ask du-mass and he thought that he gave it to Goodwill when he cleared out a bunch of his old VHS tapes last fall. I shall smack him when I see him.

EDIT clarity 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:19:32 PM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 08:55:30 PM »

Any love for FROGS?

Not by Ray Milland,I reckon...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzl1RkBxNsY

Suppose that a stuffed bass gave you a heart attack? FROGS IS COMING.

As long as we are mentioning Frogs, most of the deaths in the movie are not caused by frogs, but my most other animals in the area.  We see large lizards, spiders, snakes, and possibly even birds killing people.  But if we want to most obscure killer creature, the snapping turtle that kills that lady in the film would for sure count as obscure.  It still ticks me even now, after all the weeks I had to recover for it.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 09:02:11 PM »

But if we want to most obscure killer creature, the snapping turtle that kills that lady in the film would for sure count as obscure.  It still ticks me even now, after all the weeks I had to recover for it.

I don't know, she was pretty stuck in that mud, and it was a really big turtle...

...the snapping turtle attack was probably my second favorite scene in the whole movie.  Ray Milland being menaced by the horde of slowly advancing frogs was my favorite.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  REALLY Obscure Killer Creature Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.