Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:05:19 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I think I have hit rock bottom. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I think I have hit rock bottom.  (Read 5837 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 10, 2009, 09:10:03 PM »

I applied for a job at the campus bookstore.  Checked back today and they told me they didn't think I was qualified.

Question

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 09:11:20 PM »

I applied for a job at the campus bookstore.  Checked back today and they told me they didn't think I was qualified.

Question

...bloody hell...
That's...low...

Bluesad

I'm giving you good karma to cheer you up.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:21:45 PM by doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 09:12:16 PM »

Echo what Doggett said.  I guess the only way is up from here. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
akiratubo

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 09:24:07 PM »

Thanks guys.  I really have no clue.  During my three years at Lowe's -- you know, RETAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE -- I worked registers quite often.  And my schedule was very open.  From 11-whenever any day except Monday.

I must have answered one of those stupid "profile" questions wrong.  You know, the ones that go something like, "If you found a candy bar in the break room, would you steal and eat it, ignore it, stand guard over it until its owner came back, or take it with you and try to find the owner?"

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 09:26:30 PM »

Thanks guys.  I really have no clue.  During my three years at Lowe's -- you know, RETAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE -- I worked registers quite often.  And my schedule was very open.  From 11-whenever any day except Monday.

I must have answered one of those stupid "profile" questions wrong.  You know, the ones that go something like, "If you found a candy bar in the break room, would you steal and eat it, ignore it, stand guard over it until its owner came back, or take it with you and try to find the owner?"
I hate those stupid questions.  I applied to three different jobs a while back, and all three took over an hour and had about 40 pages of the same questions re-worded to try and see if you'd slip up and answer the same question differently.  I'm sitting there like, "Am I applying for ACME or the FBI?" Damn.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Menaaard!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 09:40:52 PM »

I hate those stupid questions.  I applied to three different jobs a while back, and all three took over an hour and had about 40 pages of the same questions re-worded to try and see if you'd slip up and answer the same question differently.  I'm sitting there like, "Am I applying for ACME or the FBI?" Damn.

I wonder about the ethics of some of those who come up with the questions.

They'll have questions like:

21) Would you not steal from the store because you are afraid of getting caught?
22) Would you not steal from the store because you are afraid if you got caught it would adversely affect your employment?

And on and on, but not a damn question like "would you not steal because you think it's wrong".

Apparently there is a cause and effect presumption by these testers that presumes you are guilty of something and they are more interested in how well you can or cannot lie about it.

Best way to answer a question like: "how do I know I can trust you with cash handling?"

"Pay me on time and you won't have a thing to worry about." TeddyR
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 09:45:31 PM »

I wonder about the ethics of some of those who come up with the questions.

They'll have questions like:

21) Would you not steal from the store because you are afraid of getting caught?
22) Would you not steal from the store because you are afraid if you got caught it would adversely affect your employment?

And on and on, but not a damn question like "would you not steal because you think it's wrong".

Apparently there is a cause and effect presumption by these testers that presumes you are guilty of something and they are more interested in how well you can or cannot lie about it.

Best way to answer a question like: "how do I know I can trust you with cash handling?"

"Pay me on time and you won't have a thing to worry about." TeddyR
Very true. 

I got a job, but was looking around to see what else was out there.  The supermarkets have the absolute worst questions.  Not only the 40 pages of the same questions about stealing etc., but they wanna know your family history, your high school, if you're on any welfare type program, etc.  One set of questions was like, "Have you done drugs? If so, when? What kind? What about heroin or ketamine?" 

I'm like, "Damn, I just need a job guy.  Why do you need to know my dental history?"

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 09:48:33 PM »

Maybe you were too friendly for the job.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 09:51:14 PM »

You were too good for books anyway. Wink

20 years from now the book industry will be cursing this day!!!!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 09:55:13 PM »

I agree, it's not like the position you were applying for had anything to do national security. It's selling books to college students. I never understood why so many retail companies have began acting like they have vital information that would jeopardize humanity. What's next, needing a PhD to stock shelves at Wal-Mart?

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 10:12:49 PM »

Question
Sorry to hear that.  Shame.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 10:15:06 PM »

Question

You're not qualified to work in a campus bookstore ... ooookay.

Perhaps you passed the math portion of the job test, I've found most clerks are incapable of unassisted math. Might be a job requirement.

Javakoala
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 10:17:15 PM »

What's next, needing a PhD to stock shelves at Wal-Mart?

Oh my god!  You don't mean to say those folks aren't college educated, do you?  I'm shocked at Wal-Mart's low standards.

When working in retail, I had a manager explain the philosophy behind those stupid personality quizzes. He said you should basically answer the first half of the question. The catch is, if you come across as too straight and law-abiding, they mark you down as either a cheat or as a whack job.

How can they expect you to answer questions phrased like, "Do you still beat your wife/girlfriend? Yes/No". Either you are a violent nut or a reformed nut, but you're still a nut.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »

Ass holes! Don't take it to heart. It's politics. They want a weenie woofer,not a thinking human being.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 12:37:44 AM »

Very true. 

I got a job, but was looking around to see what else was out there.  The supermarkets have the absolute worst questions.  Not only the 40 pages of the same questions about stealing etc., but they wanna know your family history, your high school, if you're on any welfare type program, etc.  One set of questions was like, "Have you done drugs? If so, when? What kind? What about heroin or ketamine?" 

I'm like, "Damn, I just need a job guy.  Why do you need to know my dental history?"

Yes, I have filled out a bunch of those and an am expert at running through those tests quickly.  You just pretend to have no free will and 100% loyalty to the company, and be the best worker ever, then fudge some of the questions down so you aren't perfect.  As most jobs focus more on customer service than the other things, just make sure that stuff you look the best one.   Some jobs use them just to see if you can pay attention for 45 minutes, because a lot of teens these days can't finish one of those tests much less work a cash register for 8 hours.  Oddly enough, some places like certain McDonalds don't have the tests, but others do. 

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I think I have hit rock bottom. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.