Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:26:37 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Eight Legged Freaks « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Eight Legged Freaks  (Read 21280 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 12, 2009, 08:26:30 PM »

Reader review by InformationGeek.  Giant spiders attack a desert town, while David Arquette tries to express his feelings to an old flame.  Not exactly easy when a four-ton tarantula is knocking over your trailer.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 09:39:32 PM »

Alright!  Another one of my reviews have been picked!  I like how my review turned out in the end after months of smoothing everything out until it finally seemed perfect to me.  My only regret is forgetting to add Scarlet Johansson to the character's profile.  I finally realized she was actually a recongizable actress after finding out that she has been a couple of big movies.  Now, I must add my review of this movie to my blog...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Torgo

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 10:21:32 PM »

I saw this in theaters originally and liked it. It reminded me Tremors a whole lot at times but not quite as good. But I still enjoyed Eight Legged Freaks.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
BTM

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 08:50:05 AM »

And you forgot to mention Kari Wuhrer as the hot redhaired sheriff!  :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 09:24:21 AM »

I really like this one. The kid speakes for all kid in similar situation, and the best thing?...He's not a Kenny! I actually don't feel the need to smack him with a rubber chicken.
To me, they took the familure genre things and played with them, and did it well. I also liked harlan's rants.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
elDuendeVerde
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 11:02:06 PM »

I thought this movie had potential, but it tried too hard to be witty, I thought.  BUT, I do like David Arquette.  He actually reminds me an awful lot of a friend of mine...but that's neither here nor there.
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 08:34:01 AM »

True, but I'm not too familiar with her work.

Also, Andrew, I just notice that one of your sound clips is said by the character Mark, who is labeled as Diner customer.  I just wanted to mention that.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Nina
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 11:39:31 AM »

This movie might be a bit corney,,but I love it.I already own this movie on dvd and have watched it every chance I get.Reminds me of the 50's sci fi movies,though not as good.Lots of action and funny in some places but I found it very entertaining. Smile 
monstermarce
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 03:15:02 PM »

Cheers  I also saw this in the theater and loved it!  The spiders speaking munchkin was a bit much for me, but all in all I was enchanted.  I also have the DVD and video versions.  Love Doug E. Doug and the fact THEM was on the set in Mike's room.  I'm a fanatic for all old monster movies and this fit the bill, corny and cheesiness aside.  I agree with Flangepart, hard as that is to admit, since I know him personally.
Red Mystic Ninja
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 10:24:18 AM »

I watche Eight Ledded Freaks on MBC 2 (Middle East Movies) When i was 20 or 21 At Riyadh. It so Funny, and Remind me of Old Spiders in Sci Fi movies.
BTM

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 07:49:48 PM »

True, but I'm not too familiar with her work.

Then you need to pick up the unrated version of Vivid.  ;)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Torgo

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 03:16:22 AM »

Kari Wuhrer is one amazing looking woman.  She just keeps looking better as the years go along.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
FLU-BIRD
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 01:19:43 AM »

I have seenand i own TARANTULA on VHS and its probibly much better then this rediculous mess at least the big tarantula looked scary and not silly and have you ever seen KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS? pretty lame but with a very nice song
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 10:36:27 AM »

I have seenand i own TARANTULA on VHS and its probibly much better then this rediculous mess at least the big tarantula looked scary and not silly and have you ever seen KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS? pretty lame but with a very nice song

I've never seen Kingdom of the Spiders, but it is on my list to check out in the future.  I just have to find a cheap copy.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Eight Legged Freaks « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.