Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:07:41 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Trying to find 4 movies from 70's or 80's « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trying to find 4 movies from 70's or 80's  (Read 18605 times)
mlauzon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 02:37:39 PM »

The next one is also from the mid 80's.  The scene I remember is in a place like harlem. There is a kid that comes in contact with these black human looking alien or aliens and one of the aliens opens a glass coke bottle with his eyelid. Weird HUH!

Brother From Another Planet (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087004/)

Does the trailer look familiar?:

aZhottPrr1I
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 03:37:14 PM by mlauzon » Logged

Michael
metalguy
New Visitor

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 05:52:34 PM »

Brother from another planet is definetly that movie Thanks. 

I'm trying to find more info on transmutations.  Thanks

I also found wavelength and thought that it might be it.  I watched it on cultrarare.com but it isn't the movie.  The movie I remember had many vertical tubes and they all had exact clones of the guy that was looking at them.  There also might have been a girl in the movie who was mentally retarded or something happened to her to make her that way.  I swear I also remember something about a tiny pie plate size flying saucer.  This movie has been killing me for 20 + years.  Unfortunatly I only remember that cryogenic tube scene for sure, the ufo and the retarded girl might be scenes from something else completely
mlauzon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 07:16:01 PM »

You're welcome.  By the way, did you get my PM?

Michael
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 09:30:04 PM »

First is a sci-fi type I saw when I was a kid probably pre 86.  The only scene I can remember is a guy and a girl in some type of space ship or facility, and there are vertical cryogenic type chambers with reproductions or clones of the guy and I think there was dry ice fog all around,  I remember the guy looking like Lance Guest from the Last starfighter (white guy with a fro) but it isn't him.  And I think I remember something about a tiny flying saucer. 

For some reason this makes me think of "Nightflyers." 

The other one also from the early or mid 80's had a scene with multiple people underground, in some shelter maybe.  They are fighting with each other because they all have some special antibody or something that is keeping them alive and one of them gives someone else a transfussion that will cause the giver to die.

"Transmutations" is a good suggestion for this.  There are a group of mutants created by a white liquid that is injected into people by a mad scientist.  Most of the mutations give them big bumps on their faces, and they need regular injections of the white liquid to survive.  The mutants all live underground in a shelter lit by a lot of neon lighting.  There is a private eye looking for his lost girlfriend (kidnapped by the mutants).  The girlfriend has been injected with the drug, but she does not mutate.  She just runs around wearing a filmy white dress and a white veil.  There are a bunch of European mafia types who want to kill the mutants, and at one point there is a big gun battle with the mutants trapped in a building and the mafia guys outside shooting in.

"Transmutations" reminds me a lot of "Nightbreed," and both were based on Clive Barker stories.

EDITED TO CORRECT TITLE ERROR.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 11:40:11 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
mlauzon
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 03:06:04 AM »

Andrew,

I suggested "Transmutations" in an earlier post...and don't you mean 'Transmutations reminds me a lot of "Nightbreed", and both were based on Clive Barker stories"?!

Michael
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 11:44:33 AM »

I suggested "Transmutations" in an earlier post...and don't you mean 'Transmutations reminds me a lot of "Nightbreed", and both were based on Clive Barker stories"?!

When you suggested "Transmutations" I went and pulled the laserdisc out and watched it after the kids were in bed (I usually try to watch something while using the elliptical we have in the family room).  I wanted to provide some more info on the title, since it seemed like a good match.  I should have quoted your post to make the connection obvious.

Thank you for fixing the "Transmutations" / "Transformations" error.  Those LDs are next to each other on the shelf.  I had not watched the latter in a long time and they are very similar, so the title probably got stuck in my mind.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Trying to find 4 movies from 70's or 80's « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.