Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:30:12 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  BILLIONS and MILLIONS and MILLIONS of BILLIONS isn't Money bs? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BILLIONS and MILLIONS and MILLIONS of BILLIONS isn't Money bs?  (Read 2586 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: February 14, 2009, 12:06:57 AM »

BILLIONS and MILLIONS and MILLIONS of BILLIONS isn't Money bs?
My head is spinning... billions lost and stolen there, millions lost for this or that war and wars and posting bonds and leveraged sellouts MADoff and MADE off and Stimulus Packages and millions of billions and billions of millions mortgage crisis short sell what about the schools??  I've seen my investments go up 'n' down, but believe you me, they mean it when they urge diversity! 
It's all rhetorical, folks... and I'm very easily influenced, what are your thoughts about money, or "money" now? Isn't it all bs? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:46:03 AM »

Allhallows, is that your way of saying c'mon pretty mama let's tear this damn place up?

Money has been based on trust in the government that issues it, at least as I understand the concept.  If you're asking, is the average person's trust in the institutions of the US shaken by recent events, I'd venture that the answer is yes.  An overwhelming yepper-do.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 07:52:59 AM »

Billons and billions add up to trillions, and that figure is apparently incomprehensible to most people since we're 10.5 trillion in debt and nobody seems to care.  Maybe once we get up to a guadrillion in debt?  We'll have to wait and see.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 12:33:10 PM »

Allhallows, is that your way of saying c'mon pretty mama let's tear this damn place up...?
Ab-so-f*ckin' lutely!  Or should I yell an overwhelming "yepper-do"?? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
BTM

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 10:49:48 PM »

I've always felt that the government spends too damn much of our money.  The problem, as I see it, is that politicians regard tax payer dollars as an endless well that'll never run dry and, since it's not their money and there's no accountability in Washington, they have ZERO incentive to spend things wisely. 

And now everyone's putting their hopes into the biggest spending bill of all time (which few of them actually bothered to READ before they voted "Yes" on it), cause we all know a bunch of politicians in Washington know what's best about economic issues. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 01:35:34 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 11:50:05 PM »

Believe me I have my torch and pitchfork ready ... DON'T GET ME STARTED! I'm ready to toss them all out and randomly pick people to replace them. Maybe use the Eeny meeny miny mo method.

Eeny meeny miny mo you're a senator .. off you go.

Here is some perspective on TRILLION:

Trillion = 1,000,000,000,000.
The country has not existed for a trillion seconds.
Western civilization has not been around a trillion seconds.
One trillion seconds ago - 31,688 years - Neanderthals stalked the plains of Europe.

How much money have I lost in the market ... let's just say A-F******-LOT.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 09:29:25 AM »

I haven't even looked a my retirement funds since about September, but anyone with a 401K or as I have a 403b is taking a cleaning from the markets.   Best thing to do is leave them alone until it turns around (unless you're of an age to be trying to live off it already).

I have no faith in the stimulus package our government just passed. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:35:15 AM by Trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  BILLIONS and MILLIONS and MILLIONS of BILLIONS isn't Money bs? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.