Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:58:26 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Why happy Valentine’s Day to the babes of the crowd ... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why happy Valentine’s Day to the babes of the crowd ...  (Read 2967 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: February 14, 2009, 09:32:43 AM »

But instead of a box of candy, I'll give you the gift of knowledge about Valentine's Day ...

1. 17%-21% of all flowers sent on Valentine’s Day are brought by women and sent to themselves now you will know that for every 2 out of 10 flowers you see at work some lonely old maid or tubby, tubby 2X4 sent them to herself. Truly pathetic.

2. 73% of people who buy Valentine’s Day flowers are men (being guilted by their woman), while only 27% are sent by women (and they are lesbians I bet). What the hell happened to equal rights? Let’s go women pony up and buy more flowers for someone other than yourself. Spend that $100 on your man for something that will be dead within a week.

3. Every year around 1 billion Valentine cards are bought and sold … talk about a waste of money.

4. Teachers receive the most Valentine’s Day cards, followed by children, mothers, wives, and then, sweethearts. Children between ages 6 to 10 exchange more than 650 million Valentine’s cards with teachers, classmates, and family members…. start that peer pressure early would you.

5. A single perfect red rose framed with baby’s breath is named by some florists as a “signature rose,” and is the preferred choice for most for giving on Valentine’s Day, anniversaries and birthdays. Yeah whatever, it’s still a murdered flower that will be dead soon … hope you’re happy.

6. The red rose was the favorite flower of Venus, the Roman goddess of love. The color red stands for strong romantic feelings making the red rose the flower of love.

7. Cupid is a symbol of Valentine’s Day. Cupid was associated with Valentine’s Day because he was the son of Venus, the Roman god of love and beauty. Cupid often appears on Valentine cards and gift tokens holding a bow and arrows as he is believed to use magical arrows to arouse feelings of love.

8. Verona, the Italian city where Shakespeare’s play lovers Romeo and Juliet lived, receives about 1,000 letters every year sent to Juliet on Valentine’s Day. What the hell for? Is she going to come down the chimney and leave chocolate?

9. In the Middle Ages young men and women drew the names from a bowl to see who would be their Valentine. They would wear this name pinned on their sleeves for one week. This was done so that it becomes easy for other people to know your true feelings. This was known as “to wear your heart on your sleeve”. So the next time you see some overly sensitive person that wears their heart on their sleeve, you now know where it comes from.

10. On February 14th wooden love spoons were carved and given as gifts on Valentine’s Day in Wales. Hearts, keys and keyholes were favorite Valentine decorations on the wooden spoons. This Valentine decoration meant, “You unlock my heart!”

11. The most beautiful and incredible gift of love is the monument Taj Mahal in India. Built by Mughal Emperor Shahjahan as a memorial to his wife it stands as the emblem of the eternal love story. Work on the Taj Mahal began in 1634 and continued for almost 22 years and required the labor of 20,000 workers from all over India and Central Asia. (She was quoted as saying “OH SHEBA!! DO you know how hard it is to keep white clean?)

12. In America, the pilgrims used to send confections, such as sugar wafers, marzipan, sweetmeats and sugar plums, to their affianced. Lot of value was placed on these gifts because they included what was then a rare product, sugar. After the late 1800’s, beet sugar became widely used and more available, and sweet gifts continued to be cherished and enjoyed. So now you know why Americans are fat.

13. Amongst the earliest Valentine’s Day gifts were candies. The most common were chocolates in heart shaped boxes. They are commonly over priced, over packaged and under packed.

14. The heart is associated to Valentine’s Day as it is considered the source of all human emotions. The custom of drawing a heart shape is supposed to have come from early attempts to draw an organ that no one had seen. The symbol came on to become as a sign of love… so thank goodness they didn’t know emotion came from the groin, or right now we’d all be eating cream filled candied … oh never mind.

There you go … worthless Valentine’s Day facts.

Here's your gift ....
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 05:19:27 PM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »

15.  Less than 1% of all Valentines received contain an actual heart.  Of these, less than 5% are actual human hearts.  The US Post Office states that most of hearts delivered by mail for the holiday are cow or pig hearts.

16.  Of women receiving human hearts as a Valentine's Day gift, 67% say they "usually call the police."  Only 11% eat it immediately.

17.  An average of 6.4 people are hospitalized every year by arrows shot by well-meaning "Cupids."

"The traditional heart symbol, with its deep cleft, looks very little like a real heart. Unconsciously, it seems to have been based more on the shape of the naked female buttocks, as seen by an amorous male approaching from behind." --Desmond Morris, THE NAKED APE

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/433/how-come-valentine-hearts-dont-look-anything-like-real-hearts

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »

I deliver decorated cookies for a living.  as you can well imagine, this is our biggest day of the year.  we lucked out because yesterday was friday so it ended up getting broken in to 2 days.  It was half as much as usual because of the economy but I live in a pretty ritzo suburb of Boston it must be much worse elsewhere.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 06:39:26 PM »

14. The heart is associated to Valentine’s Day as it is considered the source of all human emotions. The custom of drawing a heart shape is supposed to have come from early attempts to draw an organ that no one had seen. The symbol came on to become as a sign of love… so thank goodness they didn’t know emotion came from the groin, or right now we’d all be eating cream filled candied … oh never mind.

In Junior High School, I got in trouble for playing Alice Cooper's "Muscle of Love". Those idiots that ran the school outright refused to believe that the "Muscle of Love" Alice was referring to was his heart and not some crude genital reference, regardless of the facts a) The penis is not a muscle, and b) The lyrics actually state "My heart's a muscle of LOVE".   

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »

Small | Large

Javakoala
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 02:57:49 PM »

And wasn't St. Valentine fed to the lions or some other violent thing?

I'd like to have some lady send me a PS3 on Valentine's Day. Now THAT means love!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 03:13:39 PM »

And wasn't St. Valentine fed to the lions or some other violent thing?

I'd like to have some lady send me a PS3 on Valentine's Day. Now THAT means love!

I wouldn't mind a multi-region DVD player.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Why happy Valentine’s Day to the babes of the crowd ... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.