Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:41:28 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Friday the 13th remake equals moose sh!t « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Friday the 13th remake equals moose sh!t  (Read 40333 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 01:40:58 PM »

So is it bad or good?
If it's good, it goes here in this section.
If it's bad, it goes in the bad movies section.  (regardless of budget)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 01:42:14 PM »

If this new movie is so bad, why is it here in the Good Movies section??

Question

Because Its not a B-movie. its just a bad A-movie. get it?

It's what the Megan Fox's and Tom Welling's of this world would consider a great, "funky" movie that "I'm really proud of"  Lookingup

Javakoala
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 02:09:49 PM »

I've always wanted to see a slasher movie in which the dumpy, funny girl with glasses is the one to survive.  And it would happen because she most likely has brains. She would chop the killer into pieces out of fear, anger and frustration instead of the cliched "one stab and then drop the weapon" scene.

If they want to make it scary, they should have Jason demolish the campers' parents' credit so that the annoying pretty kids don't have any easy money any more. Talk about frightening the upper middle class snobs...they'd demand the movie be banned.

And, yes, I'm stereotyping, and I approve of this message.
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 04:03:01 PM »

When will people learn we don't want drugs and sex in movies...

It takes time away from the...

....casual violance!!!!!!

And thats what we paid to see.! TeddyR

agreed!!!

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 04:04:53 PM »

I was just reading some guy's review of this on Imdb and it was very funny. He really hated it too.

Here's a little snippet from his rant and one HUGE reason why the world and his wife should stay away from this crap:

This is an example of the humor in this movie: the black guy, Lawrence, is complaining about not having a cell phone signal at the cabin because he has business to do this weekend, as he is trying to put together a record label. A girl says "Rap?" and he says "Now why you gotta think just because I'm black it's gotta be rap? You think a black guy can't appreciate Green Day?" and she says "Sorry. What kind of music then?" and he says "Rap." Ahhahahahahaha!

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »

I was just reading some guy's review of this on Imdb and it was very funny. He really hated it too.

Here's a little snippet from his rant and one HUGE reason why the world and his wife should stay away from this crap:

This is an example of the humor in this movie: the black guy, Lawrence, is complaining about not having a cell phone signal at the cabin because he has business to do this weekend, as he is trying to put together a record label. A girl says "Rap?" and he says "Now why you gotta think just because I'm black it's gotta be rap? You think a black guy can't appreciate Green Day?" and she says "Sorry. What kind of music then?" and he says "Rap." Ahhahahahahaha!

With gags as funny as that the writers should work on the next Adam Sandler film.  Wink
Or , better yet, Steve Martin film.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 09:03:40 PM »

Was anyone wondering why weed was magically growing at the camp? Was Jason selling it on the side? Using decapitated heads as bongs? What?

Another disease that runs rampant in modern film. Oh, how endless "weed" references in every film these days pains me...  Bluesad
It was also rampant in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, by the same writers/producers.  I'm not 'anti-weed' or anything, but it just felt like it was forced in to appear to 'be cool' or something.  Like, "Hey man, we'll have the kids looking for weed, so the college kids watching it will be all like, 'Hey, I smoke pot too, cool'".  Lame.  Just really unnecessary. 

Apparently the ending of the flick was scrapped and was edited out, in favor of the ending they are showing in theaters.  I love the Friday franchise, but I'm not sure if a sequel to this will be appreciated. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Jason Does Run
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 09:10:42 PM »

Was anyone wondering why weed was magically growing at the camp? Was Jason selling it on the side? Using decapitated heads as bongs? What?

People didn't know they were gonna add in elements of parts 1-4, while the bulk of the plot was it's own plot written specifically for the movie.  Jason doesn't run, so why did he look like he should be on the track team?

You should rewatch part 2; Jason runs like a m#*tha F#*&a
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 09:22:35 PM »

People didn't know they were gonna add in elements of parts 1-4, while the bulk of the plot was it's own plot written specifically for the movie.  Jason doesn't run, so why did he look like he should be on the track team?

You should rewatch part 2; Jason runs like a m#*tha F#*&a
Yeah he does.  Completely forgot about that when I posted it.  A friend of mine was like, "He ran like a b***h in part 2 and 3."  I was like "s**t, you're right." 

I had gotten so used to him being "Uber zombie" in the latter years that I forgot he moved pretty quickly for a while.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Torgo

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 10:03:57 PM »

I picked up a couple of weeks ago that His Name Was Jason 2 disc DVD set. Included with it was a 10 dollar movie coupon to see the new Friday the 13th.  So I got to see it for free essentially Saturday night.   I actually liked it. It's actually much more of an alternate timeline type sequel to the original 1980 classic.  I felt that they successfully expanded on the Jason mythos without being disrespectful or ignorant of the original 4 films (the remake actually pulls plot elements from all 4 as well).  The film gets the franchise back to where it needed to be.  The only part where I felt the filmmakes faltered was in the jump type ending which felt a bit cheap and pointless.  But I would still give it 3 stars out of 4.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 01:08:16 AM »

again, i think that it's actually a pretty decent film.

as far as remakes are concerned, it's not as good as john carpenter's "the thing", or rob zombie's "halloween", but it's a damned sight better than the "dawn of the dead" and "psycho" remakes.

i think it really says a lot about someone if they go to see a remake, or even a sequel of a friday the 13th film, after how bad "jason goes to hell" was, and complains about how bad it was.

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 01:09:17 AM »

I picked up a couple of weeks ago that His Name Was Jason 2 disc DVD set. Included with it was a 10 dollar movie coupon...

strange, mine coupon was for $5.

Torgo

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 02:39:13 AM »

I think it depended on where you bought His Name Was Jason as to how much the movie voucher was for. A friend and I got our copies at Wal-Mart and the voucher was good for 10 bucks. Two other friends got their copies at Best Buy and their coupons were only good for 5 dollars towards a F13th ticket. Go figure...................

Torgo

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 02:46:31 AM »

Oh yeah, BTW the weed crop belonged to the guy who was feeling up the mannequin prior to getting his throat slashed and Jason then subsequently finding the hockey mask on the floor.

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 04:19:15 AM »

Oh yeah, BTW the weed crop belonged to the guy who was feeling up the mannequin prior to getting his throat slashed and Jason then subsequently finding the hockey mask on the floor.

i thought that dude said he "found" the weed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Friday the 13th remake equals moose sh!t « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.