Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:09:00 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Friday the 13th remake equals moose sh!t « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Friday the 13th remake equals moose sh!t  (Read 40344 times)
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 10:49:36 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's unexplainible  Question.

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2009, 11:24:55 PM »

I agree with you all, Goes To Hell does throw it all off track. The evil spirit scenerio sucks-- unless there was an evil spirit in that lightening bolt. But if that is to written in a movie, it sounds pretty stupid.

this was just new line cinema picking the franchise up, and wanting to make it more like their baby, the nightmare on elm street series, if you ask me.

Nukie 2
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I did it all for the...

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2009, 11:34:45 PM »

this was just new line cinema picking the franchise up, and wanting to make it more like their baby, the nightmare on elm street series, if you ask me.

Yeah they did pick it up didn't they. That explains it.
But then theres there's sort of a back-peddle with Jason X. X was pretty schlocky, I liked it after the first viewing though. Though I still wish they kept up with the "logic". However in Freddy Vs. Jason, to me it made sense that he was deranged Mama's boy out for vengence. But that's another back peddle from him being pure evil as in Goes to Hell.
New Line has tinkered with it too much.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Menaaard!!!
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2009, 01:04:37 AM »

Part 3 was a 3-D flick, which I'm sure was good on the big screen.

No.

It had two good parts: the opening credits, and the ending credits. What came between those sucked.

The poster you could buy after the movie that would work with the glasses you got with the movie was pretty cool though. Wish I still had mine.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2009, 09:38:36 AM »

Part 3 was a 3-D flick, which I'm sure was good on the big screen.

No.

It had two good parts: the opening credits, and the ending credits. What came between those sucked.

The poster you could buy after the movie that would work with the glasses you got with the movie was pretty cool though. Wish I still had mine.
Hmm.  I figured on the big screen the 3-D element would have made it better.  I've never seen it in 3D.  Just on tv/dvd, where 3d has no influence over.  So I find it pretty laughable as a movie.  I liked part 4 though.  You can't get any better than part 4.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Menaaard!!!
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2009, 11:53:22 AM »

Hmm.  I figured on the big screen the 3-D element would have made it better.  I've never seen it in 3D.  Just on tv/dvd, where 3d has no influence over.  So I find it pretty laughable as a movie.

The problem was that it was a 3D movie, but without much to show for that. Not much was in the face of the audience, and what was didn't work all that well. They had a few elements that worked okay, but most of what little they used to take advantage of the 3D was gimmicky and just didn't flow well with the movie (not like there's really a lot of flow to an F13 movie, but interrupting one with a 'let's try this cheap effect' just makes it that much worse).

Perhaps I was jaded toward 3D movies as I had seen Comin' at Ya and that was a hell of a lot of fun. The audience was ducking, screaming, and having fun. Yes, there were gimmicks, but most of them worked well with the dime-novel storyline.

I guess I expected the 3D to work with F13 3D and instead found that the gimmicks got in the way.

Part 3 is important in the series; oddly enough, perhaps the most important from a development standpoint. It introduces the mask (actually taken from Bleeder from Alone in the Dark), Jason's 'handyman' type of outfit, (Jason's new style of dress resembles Bleeder as well), and Jason's stalker without a home existence.

Part 2 introduced Jason, and was probably the best of the series (it would get my vote), but Part 3 creates Jason and what would follow.

It is too bad that they did not shoot alternative scenes for a non-3D version that would hold up better.

I liked part 4 though.  You can't get any better than part 4.

Lookingup

Try parts 1, 2, 6, 7 (that's kind of pushing it), Jason Goes to Hell, and X.
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2009, 05:46:22 PM »

Yeah they did pick it up didn't they. That explains it.
But then theres there's sort of a back-peddle with Jason X.

well, that's because jason x was produced by a different group, crystal lake entertainment. they had an agreement to where they could take the characters and imagery associated with the franchise, make a movie with their own money, on their own time, and then when they were done, come back to new line with it, and cash in.

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2009, 06:33:03 PM »

Oh, thank freakin' GAWD some folks are agreein' with me that this movie sucked! Virtually every blog and message board review I've read of this sucker has had nothin' but good things to say. I thought for a second there that everyone in the world had turned into an idiot. What a piece of crap this flick was. Even for a Friday The 13th. Leave it to that T.C.M.-killer himself, Marcus Nispel, to churn out this unbelievable hunk of garbage. Seriously, I'm not too hard to please. I liked Jason X for christsakes (admittedly in a "so bad it's good" kind of way). But this movie was just so "so bad it's really, really bad" and that's all. Not only was it laborious, but it also thought it was more brutal, dark, and smart than it actually was. Worst of all though, it was just generic as all hell. Really, there was nothing about it that MADE it a Friday The 13th movie. Nothing special. Nothing unique. Neither hide nor hair of flair or flourish. This could have been any uninspired horror movie sitting on the Blockbuster "straight to D.V.D." rack. Take away Jason's hockey mask and you could've changed the title to Wrong Turn 3 and no one would have ever known. For crap's sake, you could've given him a Nixon mask and called this flick "I Am Not A Crook" and it'd would've scarcely made even a marginal difference.
Thank god I got in free to see this.
Of course, I will say that the movie pretty much met all my expectation. But that's only because my expectations were so damn low.
Whoop-dee-doo.
Shoot me.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2009, 10:00:33 PM »

Well, F13 part 1 was the best of the series.

As far as the sequels go, my personal favorites are actually 4, 6, 8 and X.  I didn't care as much for 5, 7, or 9, although I will watch the dvd's on occasion.  And it's not even that I don't like them either.  I personally just don't like them as much as the others.  Actually, when selecting which one I will watch at any given time, the only one I'll actually avoid is Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday.  That was s**t on a stick if I ever saw it.

Torgo

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »

I was disappointed that they didn't have a Crazy Ralph type character in the remake though.

Small | Large

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 09:35:55 AM »

I was disappointed that they didn't have a Crazy Ralph type character in the remake though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3CaYYEkGXI

Supposedly there were some scenes filmed with one.  But for whatever reason, they were edited out.  Don't know if it's true.  If it is true, maybe they'll be on dvd.

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2009, 09:51:33 PM »

Part 2 introduced Jason, and was probably the best of the series (it would get my vote), but Part 3 creates Jason and what would follow.

Uh-oh, 'Nard and I agree on Part 2 being the best of the F13 movies?! Didn't Nostradamus predict this as one of the signs of armageddon? TongueOut

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Torgo

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2009, 04:29:47 AM »

My personal favorite of the series is probably The Final Chapter with Jason Lives coming in a close second.  Jason is just plain vicious in part 4.  Plus we also got exposed to Crispin Glover's dance abilities.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2009, 06:42:55 AM »

As far as the sequels go, my personal favorites are actually 4, 6, 8 and X.  I didn't care as much for 5, 7, or 9, although I will watch the dvd's on occasion.  And it's not even that I don't like them either.  I personally just don't like them as much as the others.  Actually, when selecting which one I will watch at any given time, the only one I'll actually avoid is Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday.  That was s**t on a stick if I ever saw it.

I must be the only person on Earth who enjoyed JASON GOES TO HELL.  Bluesad
Yeah...I know it was a rip-off of the HIDDEN.....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2009, 08:11:36 AM »

I must be the only person on Earth who enjoyed JASON GOES TO HELL.  Bluesad
Yeah...I know it was a rip-off of the HIDDEN.....

I dug it! One of my personal favorites from the series.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Friday the 13th remake equals moose sh!t « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.