Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:12:24 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's on your walls? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What's on your walls?  (Read 15254 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 07:07:22 PM »

Depends on the room. The living room has some nice framed artwork, including some artsy B&W photos I took a few years ago. Ro's corner of the rec room has space to hang a bunch of her artwork, as well as a large whiteboard I put up for her. And a lot of the house has a mix of family photos and pictures that basically look nice.

What you guys would find most interesting would be the computer room/office, where I have framed computer ads from the 80s, featuring Shatner (VIC-20), Bill Cosby (TI) and Isaac Asimov (TRS-80). I also have a few of my best news photos framed (accidents, fires, funnel cloud), and a framed photo of my dad as chief of police in my hometown, circa 1970. I always liked that shot. He's sitting at his desk with the town's five officers and his secretary standing around him. He'd be about the age I am now. The office also has the big bookcases, covering most of one wall.

The rec room is pretty much movie themed. The racks of tapes, DVDs and CDs dominate one side, and the walls include plaque-mounted one-sheets of Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Gone with the Wind, along with a sort of boxed arrangement of film reels I put together a few years ago, and framed movie stills with the likes of Jimmy Stewart, Sean Connery, Donald Sutherland and Don Knotts.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 07:11:02 PM »

Circus' wall...hope you don't mind, dude Wink

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
BTM

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 07:36:49 PM »

I have a large mural of a dragon holding a sceptre and orb on one wall of our den, it was painted by our daughter. The rest of the house is pretty normal, pictures, paintings etc.

Oh, that sounds neat!  You'll have to put up a picture of that some time.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 07:39:26 PM »

So most of our decor is in the common area of our suite:

I'm curious, what's the picture with the kitten say?  And is that Space Invaders I see on the other poster?

BTM

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 07:42:32 PM »

Circus' wall...hope you don't mind, dude Wink

Wow... who picked out the wall coloring?

Oh, true story: they did an experiment with a bunch of weight lifters where they put them in a room where the walls were all colored pink, and, for some reason, they found the lifters couldn't seem to lift as much as they'd normally do.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 07:45:02 PM »

Wow... who picked out the wall coloring?

Oh, true story: they did an experiment with a bunch of weight lifters where they put them in a room where the walls were all colored pink, and, for some reason, they found the lifters couldn't seem to lift as much as they'd normally do.

But then there was the experiment where it had a calming effect on inmates, so it's all good. Looks like a cozy place to curl up in front of the cactus with a bottle of booze. TeddyR

---------------------
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 07:51:33 PM »

BTM -- the kitten poster is a Demotivator that says "GIVE UP: At some point, hanging in there just makes you look like a bigger loser," and the Space Invaders poster is a framed list of "things I learned from video games."

Menaaard!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 09:02:12 PM »

The opposite corner of the room is a complete, almost complete, contrast to the artwork. Though it is mostly a shelf with my computer books, shortwave equipment, lavalamp, and (my pride and joy) pyramid energy kits; on the wall, I have my Zombie clock, Leatherface figure and Mole Man figure. They just all fit so well together. TeddyR

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 11:32:50 PM »

Ah, I had forgotten to mention the vintage toys and action figures I used as accents on my movie shelves for a while. Gave up on that when the kid got old enough to appropriate them. It's not uncommon for her to be making up some little pretend game that includes Arnold Schwarzenegger, Davey and Goliath and a Cylon Centurion, along with whatever My Little Ponies and whatnot she happens to be playing with. I'd take them back, but it just makes me too darn proud seeing her walking Arnie around on the carpet. Smile

---------------------
Menaaard!!!
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 11:40:22 PM »

...includes Arnold Schwarzenegger, Davey and Goliath and a Cylon Centurion, along with whatever My Little Ponies and whatnot she happens to be playing with.

You collect My Little Ponies too?

TeddyR

You need to add a Leatherface doll to the collection. Nothing says joy like chainsawing off Arny's head. Drink

Torgo

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 12:47:56 AM »

I'm single so I have a ton of framed posters throughout my 2 bedroom house. I have 3 Pulp Fictions, 2 Resevoir Dogs,  2 Kill Bill, 1 High Tension, 1 Grindhouse, 1 The Dark Knight, 1 Clerks II, 1 The Devil's Rejects,  1 Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, 1 Freddy Vs. Jason,  1 Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, 2 Simpsons, 1 Goodfellas, 1 Megaforce, 1 Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie and one Cameron Diaz shot from The Mask.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 02:01:29 AM »

Actually, I have more than paint on my walls.
It isn't much, but here's what I have...

A Daniel Kime framed print. 
At my old building, I went down to the basement to throw some trash out and someone had thrown this print out.  They'd left it leaning against the garbage bin.  I thought it looked cool so I took it.
http://www.danielkimeart.com/
It's on the wall above my couch.

I also have this metal Kamel Cigarettes sign:
Several people have offered to buy it from me over the years.
It's showing its age.  It used to be white.  Now it's a shade of yellow.  Probably from my cigar smoke.

And near the top of the stairs, I have this small print I got from Blockbuster for 50 cents.

About that Kime print...
I'll give 5 karma to the first person who can tell me the name of that painting and provide a link to verify it.
I've searched all over the internet and can't seem to find it.
And Kime's gallery on his site isn't working so I can't look there, either.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 02:14:51 AM by Ash » Logged
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 02:40:17 AM »

concrete blocks painted white...and a paper with concert dates on it.

my dorm is fail  Wink

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 03:52:40 AM »

The opposite corner of the room is a complete, almost complete, contrast to the artwork. Though it is mostly a shelf with my computer books, shortwave equipment, lavalamp, and (my pride and joy) pyramid energy kits; on the wall, I have my Zombie clock, Leatherface figure and Mole Man figure. They just all fit so well together. TeddyR

I thought that Zombie looked familiar, Dr M.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Paquita

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 10:31:45 AM »

Among other less interesting things we have:
- Dumb Wizard Fighting Dragon posters
- Unicorn posters (I can’t help myself)
- Christopher Lee signed LOTR poster
- Framed Mr.T poster
- Framed poster of Santa Claus my husband made for me from a Giant gift bag!
- Ornately framed photo of a lil raccoon
- My husband has weapon replicas here and there
- 2 velvet unicorn pictures my husband displays with pride because he thinks its great that I had one and he had one before we started dating
- NO family photos.. I feel weird putting pictures of myself on the walls and told my husband if he loves us he would do it and he hasn’t  Bluesad
- Glittery pink walls in the bathroom
- Oh yeah.. and .. BLOOD!!!!

When we were 18 my roomate and I painted the walls purple n bloody and painted the ceiling tiles gold, but that's kind of hard to see.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's on your walls? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.