Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:07:36 PM
713354 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Mvoies that appear in opening credits of "Ernest Scared Stupid" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mvoies that appear in opening credits of "Ernest Scared Stupid"  (Read 13268 times)
badmovie
Dedicated Viewer

« on: October 03, 2009, 11:12:56 PM »

In the opening credits of the film, "Ernest Scared Stupid", there are clips from old "B" horror/science fiction movies. The only ones I can make out are:

"Nosferatu" (1922 version)
"White Zombie"
"Phantom from Space"
"the Brain from Planet Arous"
"the Screaming Skull"
"Missile to the Moon"
"the Hideous Sun Demon"
"the Giant Gila Monster"
"the Killer Shrews"
"the Little Shop of Horrors" (1960 version)
"Battle Beyond the Sun" (originally "Nebo Zoyvot", but was re-edited with monster clashing footage)

Here are the clips. Can anyone identify these films for me? Thanks.

To take a look at the links, go to the main site for you-tube, searching "Ernest Scared Stupid opening credits", and you will see two clips. The first one is of a dark castle on a hilltop (beginning of 0:17; we see Jim Varney's name appear on the screen), and the second is a quick dark clip of a young man who is walking as only a zombie would, it is seen right after a clip of a woman screaming from a window and right before we see the (Phantom from Space - a man in an astronaut sort of costume), it is right after the Ernest shot; the second shot appears at the end of 0:17 and beginning of 0:18 (a "casting by Ruth Lambert").

Anyway, apologize if this is in the wrong thread, I am new, but can anyone please help? Thanks in advance, and unfortunately, I could not post any links, so you have to see the video vie the you-tube video, sorry about that, but hopefully, someone has some ideas, thanks once again in advance.
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 06:51:30 PM »

Just so people know, this is the video he's talking about:

Small | Large

The clips he wants to know about are at 0:17 and 1:17.  I can't tell which movies they're from.
Pumaman1138
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 11:31:09 AM »

Just watched the clip and the times are 0:17 and 1:07

I can offer no help ...

there are two screengrabs the original poster had posted elsewhere

The Castle at 0:17 is

The pic of the guy  at 1:07 is

You don't have to be mad to work here, in fact we ask you to complete a medical questionnaire to ensure that you are not.  ---- David Brent (Ricky Gervais), The Office
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 08:14:34 PM »

OK, so I asked about this in the I Need to Know board on IMDb.  The kind people told me that the Castle is probably from some old Frankenstein movie.  And that the guy looks a lot like David Keith, so that still could be from Firestarter (1984) or Judge and Jury (1996).

Hope that helps.  The thread where I asked is here:  http://tinyurl.com/yjhd3rx though you may need an IMDb account to see it.  Not to sure how that works.
Pumaman1138
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 09:59:26 PM »

The 2nd still could not be from a 1996 film because Ernest Scared Stupid came out in 1991

here is a pic of David Keith .. the 2nd pic doesn't quite look like him

here is Keith in Firestarter ....

You don't have to be mad to work here, in fact we ask you to complete a medical questionnaire to ensure that you are not.  ---- David Brent (Ricky Gervais), The Office
badmovie
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 12:56:01 AM »

David Keith looks nothing like the man in the picture. The man in the picture resembles an early Kurt Russell (think of "Escape from New York"/"Escape from L.A.") in a space opera Mad Max oriented 60s flick. Additionally, this is very hard to see, but I put the second picture, the one of the man, in a file, and I maximized it, and it seems that there is a name that appears on the shirt of the name, it seems to be "Buck (something)", but it is very hard to make out.

As for the castle clip, it could be from "Young Frankenstein" or "Citizen Kane", but I doubt it. It also seems to be similar of footage from "the Haunted Palace", but the castle looks quite different than that one in comparison, and "the Haunted Palace" is a colorized movie. I must note, however, that the castle seen in the given picture strongly resembles the Belem Tower (Torre de Belem), which resides in the Belem district of Lisbon, Portugal, it is a sight-seeing castle displayed for tourists. You can find information about it on the internet. Anyway, I doubt that anyone ever used that tower as a model for a castle in the movie, but if you compare a picture of the Belem Tower and the castle from the opening credits of "Ernest Scared Stupid", they look nearly identical.

Does anyone have any other guesses?

Oh wait, there is something else. Even though the movies that appear during the opening credits are not listed in the ending credits, there are two acknowledgments, one is "main title footage provided by Sinister Cinema", and another is "additional footage provided by Wade Williams Inc"; I did email Sinister Cinema, sent them copies of the two pictures, and they told me that they did not recognize the pictures. I do not know if that helps much, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the movies that have these two clips are from the Wade Williams film company, so here is my question. Does anyone have an email address for the Wade Williams film company? Maybe I can email them. I doubt they will know, since the movie is years old, but who knows.

Anyway, as previously said, does anyone have any other guesses? Maybe someone can finally get this, and I can finally put this to rest.
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 08:52:13 PM »

Well,  the Wade Williams film company is owned by Wade Williams, who owns the largest independent library of science-fiction film rights and distributes his product worldwide through Corinth Films, Englewood Entertainment and Mass Productions (UK).  (Yes I took that last sentence from IMDb. Smile)

So that could be a lot of movies.  I couldn't find a contact for him, but you can keep Googleing.  Here's his IMDb page:  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0931897/  Also try Corinth Films, Englewood Entertainment, and Mass Productions.  Those might lead you to something.

Good luck!
badmovie
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 11:22:43 AM »

I am also beginning to think the castle clip is from a "Frankenstein" movie, but looking at the castle, there seems to be crosses placed on the rooftops, so it also seems quite possible that there are vampires in the movie. Now, I have no clues what the movie could be from, but maybe: "Young Frankenstein", "Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks" (though that is colorized), and "Bud and Abbott meet Frankenstein." The castle still seems nearly identical to the Belem Tower, though.

The man also seems to have white heat reflecting on him, so I am thinking it is one of two movies, "Hell's Headquarters" (1932) (a war movie) and "the Lost Missile" (1958) a space movie, I have a feeling it is the second, though neither is colorized. It could just be a quick inside gag of a gaffer, but I am not entirely sure on that.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Mvoies that appear in opening credits of "Ernest Scared Stupid" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.