Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:28:44 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  90's Sci Fi - Desert / Creature in black armor / Sexy blonde heroine « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 90's Sci Fi - Desert / Creature in black armor / Sexy blonde heroine  (Read 9439 times)
Sobek
New Visitor

« on: February 16, 2009, 02:27:29 AM »

Hey guys!

Only just discovered this board, but I'm hoping someone can give me a hand. I have been searching high and low for any information on this movie series (it's a trilogy as best I can recall). I can list everything I remember below, but it's all a bit disjointed on account of me having so much trouble recalling it all, but it should be accurate.

* Movie was early 90's thereabouts (*edit* Since further thinking about it, this could have been a late 80's movie, like 86-89. I recall many movies from that period using those massive 'soft' plastic VHS cases)
* Title for the movie was in a blue 'electrified' sort of text
* VHS cover seemed to use the big thick plastic style with raised lettering for the title
* Main character was a super-strong blonde lady who crashed her ship (spaceship? I think so) in the desert. Her ship was almost entirely buried in the ground... SOMEONE entered it, not sure who. Could be her, some random person, the enemy creature.
* Main enemy was this scary creature of some kind in a black armored suit
* Creature kills people by shoving this tube thing on it's wrist/hand into their necks or upper torso, draining their blood or innards out through a tube exiting it's elbow
* Creature can, I believe, cloak
* Creature has some kind of laser weapon, fires in single blasts I believe
* Main heroine meets up with this other woman (could swear she was an Aussie) who has a plane they can use to escape. Creature chases them as they try and get to the plane, but the lady helping the heroine ends up betraying her and flying away in the plane. Plane's fuel line is damaged so eveil betraying wench crashes just over the next ridge and dies

That's about all I can remember guys, sorry. It's been driving me nuts for months trying to remember this one  Bluesad
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 02:37:55 AM by Sobek » Logged
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 10:05:26 AM »

"Something Is Out There" perhaps?  It seems that there was also a TV series spun-off from the original 3-hour pilot episode.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096134/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 11:12:56 AM »

Sounds kind of like Alienator, but not quite.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0096786/

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 11:19:55 AM »

Sounds kind of like Alienator, but not quite.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0096786/

The one with Teagan as the stiff-walking, armored cyborg?  She is super strong, but not the main female protagonist, and I cannot remember any sort of alien eating internal organs plot.  I watched "Alienator" about a year ago when I was working on the Fred Olen Ray interview.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 12:23:59 PM »

* Movie was early 90's thereabouts (*edit* Since further thinking about it, this could have been a late 80's movie, like 86-89. I recall many movies from that period using those massive 'soft' plastic VHS cases)
* Title for the movie was in a blue 'electrified' sort of text
* VHS cover seemed to use the big thick plastic style with raised lettering for the title
* Main character was a super-strong blonde lady who crashed her ship (spaceship? I think so) in the desert. Her ship was almost entirely buried in the ground... SOMEONE entered it, not sure who. Could be her, some random person, the enemy creature.
* Main enemy was this scary creature of some kind in a black armored suit

This sounds a lot like the four hour miniseries premiere of Something Is Out There.

* Creature kills people by shoving this tube thing on it's wrist/hand into their necks or upper torso, draining their blood or innards out through a tube exiting it's elbow
* Creature can, I believe, cloak
* Creature has some kind of laser weapon, fires in single blasts I believe
* Main heroine meets up with this other woman (could swear she was an Aussie) who has a plane they can use to escape. Creature chases them as they try and get to the plane, but the lady helping the heroine ends up betraying her and flying away in the plane. Plane's fuel line is damaged so eveil betraying wench crashes just over the next ridge and dies

This is not from Something Is Out There or any of the series episodes.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Sobek
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 07:04:06 PM »

Mmm yes, definitely not Alienator or Something Is Out There sorry. There were very few actors in the movie too I recall (at least the first movie there wasn't, never got to see the 3rd in the end and only saw the second movie once). It's basically the creature/alien-thing, main character, and a couple of sub-characters that serve as little story plots along the way (ie; people to get drained by the alien).

I wish I could remember more, something concrete, but that's everything I've got. I can tell you though that the name of the movie is, I'm sure, just a single word. Like "Genesis" or something...

*edit* Wow, reading that synopsis for Something Is Out There really sounds a LOT like the movie I'm thinking of. But I'm sure it's not. I'm just checking out some videos and such on Youtube, will see if it matches. Not sure what to expect.

*double edit* Nah, Something Is Out There is definitely not it. Too old and there were NO cities in this trilogy that I know of. Just straight-up desert :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 07:17:10 PM by Sobek » Logged
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 02:11:28 AM »

You know, I've been thinking about this thread and wondered if this could be "Nemesis 2" (1995).  The box art matches, as does the monster design and setting.

"Nemesis 3" also seems to have some similar parts, according to the IMDb description - but I've never seen it.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 10:30:50 PM »

It isn't Galaxis even that does have Brigitte Neilsen as a super-strong blonde lady.  The plot description doesn't fit. 

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 03:04:09 PM »

You know, I've been thinking about this thread and wondered if this could be "Nemesis 2" (1995).  The box art matches, as does the monster design and setting.

"Nemesis 3" also seems to have some similar parts, according to the IMDb description - but I've never seen it.

The Nemesis films were the 1st thing that popped into my mind reading this, but its been so long since I've seen any of those to say for sure. Nemesis 3 is a truly bad, bad movie, and not in a good way.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  90's Sci Fi - Desert / Creature in black armor / Sexy blonde heroine « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.