Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:42:40 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ewe Boll is a blight. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who else has been subjected to this POS? "In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale"
I wanted to change the channel. - 0 (0%)
I wanted to hurt my television. - 0 (0%)
I wanted to hurt myself. - 0 (0%)
Ray Liotta was more menacing before he got chubby. - 2 (25%)
All of the above. - 6 (75%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Ewe Boll is a blight.  (Read 12044 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 06:38:32 PM »

Uwe Boll is not that bad a director.  His movies are hilarious.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:46:15 PM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 08:21:41 AM »

Uwe Boll is not that bad a director.  His movies are hilarious.

I agree: ITNOTK is a hoot!

IMO Boll should turn his hand to comedy.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 01:30:07 PM »

He's actually seems like quite an intelligent guy.  He has some really good things to say. 

http://www.gametrailers.com/bonusround.php?ep=14&pt=1

(part 1 of Gametrailers interview)
Seems like someone who loves what he's doing.  Shame his movies aren't as good as he thinks they are.

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
Javakoala
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 02:27:19 PM »

There's a saying on the street: "Don't hate the playa, hate da game."

I always thought it was a crock and still do, but in this case, may, just maybe, it is legit. If studios wouldn't agree to his brand of crap with the thought that video game based movies will make a profit, the world might be spared. But then, who is the playa and who is da game? People keep watching his crap, so he keeps making movies. So who is really to blame?

My theory has always been: If no one played "da game", there would be no "game" to play. And the violent and militant side of me always thought: If you eliminate the "playas", it would make "da game" a lot less appealing. Not that I'm advocating violence towards film executives, Ewe Boll or the masochists who watch his crap.

Ooh, there's a bad movie waiting to happen. A film fan sets out to personally "eliminate" all the fans of a director he/she hates. Ooh, it would make a good "stalk-and-kill" video game.  Ooh, ooh, Ewe Boll could make a film based on it....right back where we started.
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 12:01:04 AM »

Ooh, there's a bad movie waiting to happen. A film fan sets out to personally "eliminate" all the fans of a director he/she hates. Ooh, it would make a good "stalk-and-kill" video game.  Ooh, ooh, Ewe Boll could make a film based on it....right back where we started.

i loled!

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 03:51:59 PM »

"It's spelled Uwe, not Ewe!"   TeddyR

And it's pronounced oova.    I think I posted a video once of him b***hing about the proper pronunciation of his name.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Javakoala
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 06:24:57 PM »

"It's spelled Uwe, not Ewe!"   TeddyR

And it's pronounced oova.    I think I posted a video once of him b***hing about the proper pronunciation of his name.

I kept thinking it was spelled Uwe, but didn't want Firefox to remember that I looked him up on imdb.com, so I went with the spelling on the thread. Although, Ewe is workable as his films are "baaaaaaaaaaad".   BounceGiggle
monkeymomma
New Visitor

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 06:41:40 PM »

I was thinking more along the lines of "eeeew".
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 10:14:42 AM »

First let me say... I'M NOT WORTHY!!!  Andrew replied to my first post on Badmovies...  I may have to be your stalker now.  Could you move to Florida soon, that commute is gonna be a killer.

I've been terribly short on free time lately.  Can we put off the stalking for a few years?  Then the whole deal is not a problem - messages spray painted on trees, pet rabbit in a pot, etc.

I will say that Boll's films are better than the crud cranked out by studios like Asylum and Nu Image.  Those are usually so cookie-cutter that I get upset with the movies within the first ten minutes.  I just wish that Uwe would correctly name his films.  "House of the Dead" should been "Zombie Island Rave Massacre."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 10:10:22 AM »

I've been terribly short on free time lately.  Can we put off the stalking for a few years?  Then the whole deal is not a problem - messages spray painted on trees, pet rabbit in a pot, etc.
I will say that Boll's films are better than the crud cranked out by studios like Asylum and Nu Image.  Those are usually so cookie-cutter that I get upset with the movies within the first ten minutes. 

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR

I will give you some virtual karma and a profound AMEN for that, Andrew.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 05:24:12 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Torgo

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 10:45:36 PM »

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 08:42:10 AM »

I've never minded Oo-vah, House of the Dead was comically inept and quite a fun movie.  Bloodrayne wasn't really that terrible, but then there's Alone in the Dark, still shaking my head over that one.  Haven't seen all his stuff, but I'm always sort of interested in what sort of nonsense he's turned out.  And all his interviews are positively hysterical  TeddyR

I like the Asylum too.  They certainly make some putrid rubbish, and have no qualms about taking $500 student films and sticking some professional looking cover art on them and passing them off as real movies.  And they certainly turn out some stuff that even the Sci-Fi Channel must find questionable as far as quality.  But a lot of their stuff is just fun, brainless, entertaining low budget junk.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2022, 09:50:45 AM »

Sometimes I think I am the only person who actually enjoys his shlocky films.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2022, 10:25:33 AM »

He made 1968 Tunnel Rats and Darfur here: not schlocky at all, especially Darfur which made me cry.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2022, 01:46:00 PM »

He made 1968 Tunnel Rats and Darfur here: not schlocky at all, especially Darfur which made me cry.

Yeah, I know, but it is his bad ones I enjoy.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ewe Boll is a blight. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.