Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:01:10 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Indy's Summer Movie Marathon . . . . PASSENGERS (2008) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indy's Summer Movie Marathon . . . . PASSENGERS (2008)  (Read 1184 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: July 07, 2009, 06:01:39 PM »

I took a day or two off from the movies over the weekend of the Fourth, partly because I was busy cleaning the house and then grilling meat Saturday, and then Sunday I spent the entire day reading . . . but this morning I watched this recent DVD release and found it good, but lacking.

First of all, the best thing about this film is that it stars the Divine Goddess Anne Hathaway (DG Anne for short).  She makes any film automatically more watchable. The supporting cast also did a pretty decent job.  The plot is very interesting - vaguely similar to FINAL DESTINATION, but not really.  A quick synopsis:

DG Anne plays Claire Summers, a psychologist who is called out to provide therapy for the survivors of a jet crash that killed all but six of 105 people aboard.  As she interviews and discusses the crash with them, she quickly discovers that the details they are describing of the crash do NOT match up with the official story told by the airline about what happened.  She also discovers a romantic interest with handsome crash survivor Erick (However, this move is PG-13 -  No HAVOC-style scenes here!).  She "crosses the line" of professionalism with him pretty quickly.  Then things begin taking a turn for the weird.  DG Anne's nosy neighbor lady keeps showing up in her apartment for no reason.  A quiet but ruthless airline employee named Arkin begins stalking Claire, hanging out at the therapy sessions.  Erick begins to manifest signs of ESP.  And the other survivors begin disappearing.  More and more, Anne comes to realize that something happened during that crash which neither the airline officials nor the survivors fully understand.

I don't want to give away the ending, but suffice it to say that you don't really see it coming.  This was ALMOST a good movie, but the pacing was a little too slow. The movie took forever to really get started, but  it definitely gained steam in the second act.  I have seen far, far worse movies this year.  And, to watch the DG Anne for an hour and a half, I would put up with a LOT worse than this!!

Any of you guys see this one?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 06:01:26 PM »

I Saw The Movie PASSENGERS Just Recently I Thought It Was Interesting But They Didn't Really Get Too Much Into The Supernatural Element Of The Movie And The Ending Has Been Used Before In Other Movies

All In All I Got A Few Laughs Out Of It

And I Was Also Happy To See Some Familiar Actors Like William B. Davis , Clea Duvall , And Diane Weist In A New Movie
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Indy's Summer Movie Marathon . . . . PASSENGERS (2008) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.