Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:33:27 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Invite World Premiere "The" Alternative "W the Movie" New York March 20th « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Invite World Premiere "The" Alternative "W the Movie" New York March 20th  (Read 3799 times)
pinkandbluefilms
Dedicated Viewer

« on: March 09, 2009, 06:05:27 PM »

Invite World Premiere "THE" alternative "W the Movie" NY March 20th
We at Pink and Blue Films would like to  let you know of  the premiere of our film "W the Movie" at the NYIIFVF on Friday, March 20th at 10 pm at the Village East Cinema, Screen Seven. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at the NYIIFVF website (Press invited to contact site about free passes) :

http://www.nyfilmvideo.com/

We began 'W the Movie" in 2005 and finished post production in late 2008. It is a surreal apocalyptic nightmare fantasy on the 8 year Bush reign, beginning with the 2000 elections and ending with Obama becoming next president and the party of Yes regaining control of the land, while the evil W and and his party of No flee the earth.

The music video we did for the film, with L.A. band DJ Monkey has been nominated by the South Bay Music Awards for "BEST MUSIC VIDEO" of the year.

http://www.southbaymusicawards.com/Nominees.php

Below are are few youtube trailer links.

excerpt from recent reviews from indie film web site reviews.

http://www.theindependentcritic.com/wthemovie

"W: The Movie" Review by The Independent Critic.     

Grade: A-. 3 and a half out of 4 stars.

STARRING
Alfred Eaker, PinkFreud, Uncle Ernie, Justin Barnes, John M. Bennett, Fr. Justin Belitz, Ross St. Just, Gary Pierce, Brother Brown
WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY
Alfred Eaker and Ross St. Just

."W: The Movie" is NOT, by an stretch of the imagination, the film by Oliver Stone. Compared to this flick, Stone's film is a kid glove approach to a certain former president not so affectionately known as "W."

"W: The Movie," on the other hand, is an apocalyptic, psychotic, pop skull of a flick about the nightmarish world that we birthed during the eight year reign of George W. Bush and his army of clones.

I wish I could describe "W: The Movie" for you.

I simply can't.

What I can say is that "W: The Movie" is an awesome, frightening, enlightening, insightful, colorful, trippy, entertaining, educational and experimental film that will challenge you in ways you've never been challenged while watching a film.

"W: The Movie" centers on a delightful character called Blue Mahler (Alfred Eaker), a man who is obsessed with exposing the evil tyranny of "W" while, perhaps, edging towards tyranny himself as his world and his family fall apart.

Is it possible to confront evil without becoming evil?

Interspersed throughout the film are a variety of characters who play out in ways dramatic and eerie, haunting and humorous.  There's Jezebel (PinkFreud), Samson (Ross St. Just), a Red Neck Tooth Fairy (Justin Barnes), a Stigmatic Frog Grave Digger (Wendy Collin Sorin), Saddam Hussein (Gary Pierce), Uncle Sama Ben Llama (Brother Brown), the Dirty Pope (Richard Pope) and even the Planet Pluto (Michael Basinski).

These characters are tied together by stories and songs, vignettes and mini-music videos. These characters are tied together by monologues that vacillate between dramatic readings and stand-up routines.

These characters? Oh my. These characters.

The weirdest thing of all, though, is that writer/director/producer/star Alfred Eaker makes it all work in ways that are wild and wonderful, weird and whacked out. "W: The Movie" is as much performance art, not surprising given Eaker's background in the art form, and experimental cinema. Despite, or perhaps because of, having an obviously modest production budget, Eaker has flung his production design far out into the cinematic universe with make-up and costuming, set design and cinematography that paint broad and colorful strokes of cinematic and political imagery. "W: The Movie" is destined to be the kind of film that is interpreted, re-interpreted and over-analyzed with Eaker's abundance of psychedelic goings on.

Never have I felt the desire to call such a strange and mind-altering film a thing of true beauty, but "W: The Movie" is truly a beautiful film that will envelope your senses, stimulate your mind and question your beliefs.

"W: The Movie" has its official premiere at the New York International Film Festival on March 20, 2009 at 10pm. For more information on the film, visit its website.

© Written by Richard Propes
The Independent Critic

http://www.theindependentcritic.com/wthemovie

" 'W the Movie'  is by far the best adaptation on film chronicling the corrupt presidency of George W. Bush.  Strangely bizarre and extremely psychedelic, this movie presents itself like a beautifully artistic acid trip gone wrong while a TV is stuck on The Fox News Channel.This film is a must see for fans of very subversive independent cinema. This is the REAL W movie that Oliver Stone didn't have the balls to even imagine of creating! Claytron; PUTRID REVIEWS

" The beauty of W The Movie is that Eaker doesn't base this in reality at all, while everything is familiar, it's also very strange, which I'm sure is symbolic of how he feels in a country that's as out of control as we seem to be right now. If you're a political junkie, you're gonna love this!" Brian Morton-Rogue Cinema.

" Nightmarish, provocative and imaginative. Best Character: Eaker as Blue Mahler, a free-thinker who dares to take on a tyrannical government." Joe Shearer-Indianapolis Star; Indy.com.

" Interesting is the personal struggle of BlueMahler, who about half way through the film begins to wonder, as his family crumbles around him, if his obsession with exposing W is making him into something that is just like W himself. Which begs to wonder, how can one oust a tyrant without becoming a tyrant themselves? Or even more troubling, is saving the world more important than saving those who are closest to you? In it's presentation and design, W The Movie used a lot of ingenuity, you can see that a lot of people put hard work into it adn really do care about the direction their country has taken. If you enjoy politically motivated films and you enjoy something a little out of the ordinary, I recommend you check out W The Movie". Nick Peron; Microshock Cinema.

http://www.wthemovie.com/

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

thank you and peace.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:34:00 AM by pinkandbluefilms » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 06:19:36 PM »

Something else to keep the wackos happy while Obama destroys capitalism and obliterates private property rights and individual liberties.

Ah, Georgie, how I miss you.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 10:02:27 PM »

I doubt I'd agree with the political slant, but I'd be willing to give it a try (and a review).  Can't make it to NYC, though.  What are your plans for distribution after the premier?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pinkandbluefilms
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 07:23:04 AM »

Well, we are working on that (securing distribution, that is. Always the trick) . Showing L.A. in July, Japan, and Canada.We've been sending out quite a few screeners/press kits, so if you want, we can send you one. You cna email us (email on profile). Thanks for inquiry.
Peace

I doubt I'd agree with the political slant, but I'd be willing to give it a try (and a review).  Can't make it to NYC, though.  What are your plans for distribution after the premier?
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 02:37:19 AM »

Something else to keep the wackos happy while Obama destroys capitalism and obliterates private property rights and individual liberties.

Ah, Georgie, how I miss you.

This post is ironic.  And not in the way you intended.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 05:47:02 AM »

For me, this is the only W movie. A masterpiece.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 06:37:30 PM »

It is a ball-chopping good time!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Invite World Premiere "The" Alternative "W the Movie" New York March 20th « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.