Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:43:44 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Circuit City score « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Circuit City score  (Read 1951 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 19, 2009, 07:05:41 AM »

Yes, it's true . . . as mentioned in an earlier thread, Circuit City DID mark some prices up to the MSRP before applying the liquidation discount.  If you try to buy a recently released DVD there, it will generally be $21.95 to $29.95, minus a 40% discount (so, no real savings).  But if you grab some of the older, cheaper titles, the 40% discount is worth it.  I got 5 DVDs yesterday and the total bill was $29.95 (not even any sales tax, because I bought them in New Hampshire).

I got:

* GHOSTS OF MARS
* NEVADA SMITH
* FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER
* BUG (the one directed by William Friedkin - - I already have the old Bradford Dillman schlock-fest)
* TWO FOR THE MONEY

I compared the prices to Deep Discount DVD's website, which I find to be the overall cheapest place to buy DVDs.  I paid about $13.00 less at Circuit City than I would have at Deep Discount.  So, overall, not a bad score.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Hammock Rider

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 02:03:59 PM »

Good deal and nice mix of titles.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 03:15:23 PM »

I went to a different Circuit City yesterday and the DVDs are now 50% off.  The selection wasn't great, but I picked up APPALOOSA for $11.00 and HARD TARGET for $3.50.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 04:02:04 AM »

I didn't get anything too grand.  I scored a cheap copy of Genji for PS2, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, and Lake Placid. 
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 04:47:59 AM »

The Circuit City near where I live have their dvd's marked down 50%.  They were a bit picked over but I did manage to snag the following titles:  FLASH GORDON  (Savior of the universe edition) for 10 bucks, Jet Li's FEARLESS (director's cut) for 6 dollars,  KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIE for 3.50,  SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT (special edition) for 4,  A SIMPLE PLAN for 3 and a MY BLUE HEAVEN / THE MAN WITH TWO BRAINS flipper disc for 3.   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Circuit City score « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.