Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:23:55 PM
714193 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bad Concert Experiences « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad Concert Experiences  (Read 5160 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: February 19, 2009, 12:36:39 PM »

Circus's Priest Feast thread made me think of awful experiences I've had at concerts.  The worst was Ozzfest a few years back which I've described on this board a few times.  After dealing with annoying angry teenagers who dressed darker like Johnny Cash, a puking girl behind me (who turns out didn't even belong there) and paying huge money for water/food I pretty much cut back on going to concerts.  I forgot to mention almost getting into a fist fight with a drunken moron who tried to cut me in line. 

Then theres the concerts where the band sucks.  I saw Motley Crue and Vince Neil had laryngitis.  I feel they should give you money back if thats the case.   BounceGiggle  The first couple times I saw Aerosmith I enjoyed it.  The last time I went, they went into these ridiculous 20 minute blues jams.  Play f*cking Draw The Line or something man! 

The local concerts I hate idiots who throw kicks and punches in the pit.  I hooked up with a few cool kids outside the pit and we'd continously shove these morons as hard as we could when they got near us.

So how about you...what concerts did you go to suck?  How many idiots have you almost gotten into fights with? 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:46:24 PM »

I also went to see Motley Crue and Vince Neil sucked bad. He sounded terrible and missed loads of words out (Heard he does that all the time tho'). Plus Nikki Sixx spent about 20mins bashing keyboards around an bein' all weird tryin' to be Trent Reznor.

I went to see Iron Maiden about 6 years ago and had to endure Funeral For A Friend as support. They were totally awful, playing for nearly an hour and a half and I couldn't tell one "song" from the next. They were eventually pelted with so many bottles that they left. Me an my buddy at the time got beer thrown on us too, but Maiden were great and I didn't really consider it to be a bad night.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 02:16:39 PM »

Never really had a bad experience AT a concert, afterwards though - went to a concert with some friends, some friends of theirs (who I didn't know) were too freakin' cheap to pay for parking.  I think it was 4 bucks.  So they parked across the other side of the 8 lane highway at a hotel.  Their car got towed.  So I ended up giving these cheap idiots a ride home.  Of course they lived about 100 miles out in the sticks.  Listening to their cheap idiot prattle the whole way there.   Hatred

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 07:08:49 PM »

Never had a bad experience at a concert either but I volunteer at a venue that has punk & hardcore shows and at the end bigger show I have to clean up. People drink which there not suppose and throw up and just throw junk on the floor that all of us are ,who vounteers none of us get paid, have to clean.

People are jerks in any music scene I guess.

I saw Motley Crue too and they did sound terrible.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 07:31:01 PM »

I saw Motley Crue last week and they kicked ass!
I'd heard all the rumors about Vince Neil singing terrible at shows, but at the one I saw, he was on top of his game.  He did leave out the occasional word, though.
For example, during Kickstart My Heart, it's supposed to go, "When I get high, I get high on speed.  Top fuel funny car's a drug for me".
Instead, he sang, "I get high, high on speed.  Top fuel car's...drug for me."
He only did that a few times and he sang pretty much all the lyrics as they were supposed to be sang for the rest of the show.

I got elbowed in the face at a Marilyn Manson concert years ago.  It left a big bruise that didn't go away for nearly a week.

After a show here in my city, it's sort of a tradition for all of us to walk up to Taco Bell (which is only a block up the street from the concert venue) and grab something to eat.
After the Tool show back in 2001, we went up there and as we were waiting in line, a huge brawl broke out inside the store.  We just stood there and watched, laughing our asses off.  Several of the guys involved in the fight had food all over them.  It eventually spilled out into the parking lot but we stayed in line because there were at least 50-75 people behind us and we didn't want to lose our place in line.
Whenever I go to that Taco bell, I always remember that huge fight.   Smile
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 06:02:02 AM »

this didnt happen to me, I but feel sorry for this kid who was in the front row of a Raging Speedhorn gig I was at.

about half way through the show, the band finished a song and this kid was in the front row with his camera phone up taking a little film of the band, as everyone seems to do at shows now.

the singer of Raging Speedhorn somehow took offence to this and jumped down and grabbed this kid's phone off him, jumped back on the stage, and then strted reading this kid's messges out to the whole crowd, which was really embarrassing things like "what time do you want me to pick you up later? lots of love, Mum"

and then to top it off, when the singer finished reading out this kid's messages, he smashed the phone down as hard as he could on the stge floor and it smashed into pieces. then they carried on playing.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 06:11:08 AM »

another gig I was at quite a while ago (but I cant remember the band), this place had raised sort of podiums at each side of the dance floor that were about 2-3 meters high, that could fit about 4 people in, and it seemed only girls wanted to go in them, including my friend's girlfriend who went up there and started dancing to the band with some other girls

anyway at one point in the show the singer of whatever band it was says "Hey, I'll give ten pounds to any girls up there who take their tops off!". at which point every girl on the podiums except my mate's girl friend takes their tops off. and to cut a long story short she basically had to endure the whole crowd turning round pointing at her and going "TAKE IT OFF, TAKE IT OFF" but she was obviously embarassed and didn't. cant remember what band it was though

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 08:50:08 AM »

I think it was 1988 or 89...ain't too sure...me and two buddies went to see Megadeth and Judas Priest at wings Stadium in Kalamazoo. Dead of winter...snowing pretty good. We were having a good time! Megadeth had finished there set,and the guys sent me out to the consessions to get some beer. Well...I was staggering pretty good...carrying one of them cup holder things with the big plastic beer cups on it...and a couple of security guards waltz up to me and ask me for my ticket stubb. I tells 'em it's in my coat pocket in my seat. They don't believe me. "Come with me,I'll show it to you!" I sez. Nope...they tell me I gotta leave. Leave?! It's blizzarding outside, and I didn't drive...Sam did. Soooo....I throw the beer at 'em and try to make my getaway.No dice. They tackle my dumbass and handcuff me. They drag me out to the parking lot...and theres about five cop cars out there busting metal heads  left and right.! Cop slams my scrawny a$$ against his car and turns to yap with someother cop. So I try to run again. Not easy drunk and in cuffs. Again I get tackled. They haul me off to Kalamazoo City Jail...and throw me in the drunk tank. Needless to say...I was p**sed. I start bashing my head against the glass and raising Holy Hell.
The take me to my own little cell! How nice of 'em...except that they got me wrapped up in this thing that looks like a padded mattress. So I'm laying there like a human eggroll, screaming bloody murder. Finally I sez "fug it" and pass out. Next day my buddies bail my funky a$$ out when the hear about all the busts. I got fined $50 for trespassing. Worst part - I never got to see Priest!  Hatred

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 09:15:34 AM »

I think it was 1988 or 89...ain't too sure...me and two buddies went to see Megadeth and Judas Priest at wings Stadium in Kalamazoo. Dead of winter...snowing pretty good. We were having a good time! Megadeth had finished there set,and the guys sent me out to the consessions to get some beer. Well...I was staggering pretty good...carrying one of them cup holder things with the big plastic beer cups on it...and a couple of security guards waltz up to me and ask me for my ticket stubb. I tells 'em it's in my coat pocket in my seat. They don't believe me. "Come with me,I'll show it to you!" I sez. Nope...they tell me I gotta leave. Leave?! It's blizzarding outside, and I didn't drive...Sam did. Soooo....I throw the beer at 'em and try to make my getaway.No dice. They tackle my dumbass and handcuff me. They drag me out to the parking lot...and theres about five cop cars out there busting metal heads  left and right.! Cop slams my scrawny a$$ against his car and turns to yap with someother cop. So I try to run again. Not easy drunk and in cuffs. Again I get tackled. They haul me off to Kalamazoo City Jail...and throw me in the drunk tank. Needless to say...I was p**sed. I start bashing my head against the glass and raising Holy Hell.
The take me to my own little cell! How nice of 'em...except that they got me wrapped up in this thing that looks like a padded mattress. So I'm laying there like a human eggroll, screaming bloody murder. Finally I sez "fug it" and pass out. Next day my buddies bail my funky a$$ out when the hear about all the busts. I got fined $50 for trespassing. Worst part - I never got to see Priest!  Hatred

Aww, damn. That's a shame you didn't see the 'Priest RC.  Bluesad Crazy story though, sounds exactly like one of the many times I've got busted and then gone mental.  TeddyR I remember when I went with my ex girlfriend to see Whitesnake & Def Leppard, she wanted to take in some food and just some water. The guy at the doors started being a jerk saying she can't come in with the water!? (It was a massive arena where they sold beer and pizza for cryin' out loud!) We were gonna go all Bonnie n' Clyde, but then she told him she was diabetic (she wasn't), an we got in. Good job too, 'cause at the M.E.N. arena, beers are like $6!

Damn, I miss that nasty b***h.... Bluesad

Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 06:57:52 PM »

You know how you go to an awesome show and afterwards you meet the artists afterwards only to find their whinny b***hes?
Well that happened to meet when I saw Gogol Bordello. One of the most awesomes shows I've ever been to, everyone in the band was passionely into their music, no one missed any cues, the kept their manic energy all night while the audience just collapsed from exhaustion and it sounded better than any recording.

So after the show I wait behind the theatre with my girlfriend and her friend-- we were the only ones there besides two other people who want autographs. After like 2 hours, people from the band come out and just get on the damn bus. But, then comes out the singer/frontman-- first he b***hes to crew about there being a huge puddle behind the theatre and that he might have to walk through it.
After signing two autographs, he just about leaves but luckily we get him to take a photo with us. So I try to talking to him and he just walks away, surrounded by managers and pr people.

Quite ironic for someone who talks about his missgivings about rock stars in interviews.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Torgo

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 11:49:26 PM »

This didn't happen to me actually but I was standing to the left of the person who vomited. Anyway, I was at a Metallica show in 89. There was a girl standing to my right who got sick to her stomach during the show. She proceeded to hurl all over the back o the guy standing in front of her and the funny thing was that he was so wrapped up in the show that he didn't notice until someone later pointed out to him what happened.  One of my distinct memories of that particular part of the show was the constant smell of warm cheese that kept wafting over our area. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 12:06:45 AM »

Damn RC, that is f***ed up!
You get the grand prize for worst concert experience! 

About that Marilyn Manson show...
After I got elbowed in the face, my friends & I decided to take a break from the mosh pit and get a beer.
We'd just bought our beers and had turned around to watch the show from a distance when we saw all these people moving out of the crowd covered in blood.
Not just a little bit, either.  I'm talking covered!  From head to toe.
Remember the opening scene from Blade when they're in that underground dance and the blood rains down from the ceiling?  They looked like that.

The first thing we thought was, "What the hell happened!?"
It wasn't until about 10 minutes later we learned that Manson and his band members had been throwing a red colored liquid on all the crowd members and we'd just left the pit before he started doing it.
Apparently, they had dyed some liquid red and dumped tons of it on everyone.
We never did find out what it was.  It looked too thick to be water.
It looked like real blood.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:10:19 AM by Ash » Logged
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 12:33:48 PM »

Damn RC, that is f***ed up!
You get the grand prize for worst concert experience! 

About that Marilyn Manson show...
After I got elbowed in the face, my friends & I decided to take a break from the mosh pit and get a beer.
We'd just bought our beers and had turned around to watch the show from a distance when we saw all these people moving out of the crowd covered in blood.
Not just a little bit, either.  I'm talking covered!  From head to toe.
Remember the opening scene from Blade when they're in that underground dance and the blood rains down from the ceiling?  They looked like that.

The first thing we thought was, "What the hell happened!?"
It wasn't until about 10 minutes later we learned that Manson and his band members had been throwing a red colored liquid on all the crowd members and we'd just left the pit before he started doing it.
Apparently, they had dyed some liquid red and dumped tons of it on everyone.
We never did find out what it was.  It looked too thick to be water.
It looked like real blood.

You just reminded me of this;

Small | Large

The dvd I have of this has a bonus materials part, where there's interviews with the fans. It's just a conveyor belt of carnage....Guys and girls cut to ribbons, neck braces on, broken arms, sat in the bathrooms with blood all over the floor. It's insane.

Man, I so want to see Slayer live.  TeddyR

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bad Concert Experiences « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.