Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:15:50 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines (2003) « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which Terminator Film Did You Like The Most?
Terminator - 10 (38.5%)
Terminator 2 - 12 (46.2%)
Terminator 3 - 2 (7.7%)
Liked Them All Equally - 2 (7.7%)
Haven't Seen Any Yet - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines (2003)  (Read 10673 times)
watson11
New Visitor

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 04:50:26 AM »

Hi,
   I like all the Terminator movies.Terminator 3 not only provided a great relief from the normal action movies but also made us to go to the world of robots.Arnold's acting as a machine is note worthy.The film provided a good story line that emerged between a boy and a robot.

In short these films are nice to watch ..........
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 01:11:42 PM »

I hate to admit it here, but I liked 3 the most of all, then 2, then 1. The way I interpret all the things in 3 that go against what seemed to be laid down in 1 and 2 is that they (JC), are not only going against the machines and such, but also against fate and destiny. In 2, everything involving skynet was destroyed, , but, destiny being as resilient as it is, allows someone else to stubble across the answers, bringing skynet to fruition. Or, , it's possible that not everything was completely destroyed in 2, or possible that their network was (unknowlingly) backed up off-site.

Buggedout

KAATH-RUN BROO-STA  Wink

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 09:57:13 AM »

I'm a T1 man, although I liked 2 very much and thought 3 was ok. As Jack mentioned, the first one was harder hitting, more visceral. Remember in the beginning when naked Arnie walked up to the group of punks and told them to gve him their clothes and ended up punching one of them up into the torso?  You don't get that kind of scene in any of the others. The Terminator in T1 was one of the most menacing villains I'd ever seen on screen.  T-1000 was really cool but just not as frightening on a gut level. T3's Terminator didn't seem to have anything unique. If she would have used her hotness more as a weapon like T-800 used unstoppableness and T-1000 used shape changing, that might have been more interesting, why else send a really hot Terminator?

I also wasn't big on T3's John Connor. He was too wimpy. And I thought he should have been doing more to prepare for the big war with the machines. His idea of preparation for leading humanity against it's greatest threat was to become a homeless construction worker? Eh, didn't like that. On it's own it's a good action movie but a little disappointing as the cap of a great trilogy.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:00:29 AM by Hammock Rider » Logged

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 01:43:41 PM »

Not a big fan of T3 myself. Yeah, the crane scene was good but on the whole, I think it was a let down. I don't see why they could not have cast Edward Furlong as John Connor - he'd have been about the right age and the reason they gave regarding his real life drug issues seemed silly when John was a bit of a junkie in the film.

Also, I think the Terminator was miscast. She really did not inspire any sort of terror or menace like the Terminators of the first two films; she lacked presence in my opinion. I think they should have cast someone a little more physically imposing myself (a Victoria-from-WWE kind of physicality would have been better in my opinion).

What I like is that I can legitimately pretend it didn't happen thanks to the Sarah Connor Chronicles  TeddyR

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
Neville

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 05:53:18 PM »

I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected, and subsequent viewings haven't changed my opinion. Still, I don't like that it has so much humour in in. In some scenes it borders self-parody. And I'd also object to the scene in the cemetery. No need to desecrate Sarah Connor's character (or the shrink's, for that matter) like that.

But otherwise it's a neat film and a worthy addition to the series. Yes, it feels different than Cameron's entries, but it has its own achievements. Apart from the action scenes, which I enjoyed, I liked them showing how John Connor, apparently freed from his destiny, had became somehow lost. And how Claire Danes' character managed to get him on his feet again. And the ending is terrific too.

I've also become a fan of the Fox Terminator series. I keep hearing it's going to be cancelled. It's a pity, the first season was slow and not very involving, but I like the path they've taken in the new season. I wonder if they'll reference it in the new Terminator film with Christian Bale.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines (2003) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.