Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:53:58 PM
714380 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  QUARANTINE (2008) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: QUARANTINE (2008)  (Read 4820 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: February 21, 2009, 01:28:16 AM »

Watched this 2008 thriller tonight.  It was shot on video, a la CLOVERFIELD and BLAIR WITCH, and was surprisingly watchable nonetheless.  Basic scenario:

Peppy young female reporter and her intrepid camera man are following the night crew of the local fire department for an entire evening to work up material for an upcoming special. They go out on call to an apartment building where an elderly resident has locked herself in her apartment and begun screaming uncontrollably.  The little old lady seems passive enough when they enter the apartment, but then attacks a police officer, biting deep into his neck.  As they go to hustle him out of the building, they discover the entire place has been cordoned off by cops, fire department, and CDC. And more and more residents are falling prey to a malady that leaves them insane, and incredibly agressive . . . and contagious.

It wasn't GREAT, but it was pretty good.  The ending has been given away in the trailer for the film, but it is still pretty impressive and would be a genuine jump moment if it had not been broadcast on the commercials so many times.

What did you guys think?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
jackinthebox99
New Visitor

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 01:40:36 AM »

THis is a remake from the Spanish "REC". But rec wasn't launched any more than a year ago, so I don;t see the point in making a remake so soon. And in any case, REc was better.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 08:40:03 AM »

I kind of wanted to see it, but the advertising blitz when it was released got on my nerves.  Every time I'd go to the IMDb I'd try to go to a page, but had to look at a Quarantine ad first.  Now I've read so many bad reviews of it I think I'll skip it.  Are they actually dropping the camera on the floor and stuff like that?  Just sounds like a bit too much.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 09:08:04 AM »

THis is a remake from the Spanish "REC". But rec wasn't launched any more than a year ago, so I don;t see the point in making a remake so soon. And in any case, REc was better.

REC. is great, I had to cover my eyes for the last 10 mins!

I heard they didn't show it in the US because they didn't want it to take away viewers from Q'. Which is very naughty behavior.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 11:03:46 AM »

yeah, [rec] is very very cool... i agree.  last 10 minutes are horrifying.

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 05:14:20 PM »

I saw this in theaters when it came out and it was solid but their was too many "WTF" moments for me. Like when CDC comes in the building to take samples and no one tells them to straps down the people that are infected meanwhile they all saw what happens. Or after the attack when one of the CDC guys say they can cure the child with a shot. I remember the Veterinary saying that the infected were incurable.

Some of characters were a bit off to me like the Cop. he was so annoying about controlling the scene it got unbearable. And the final dash down the report and firefigher, Firefigher became superman their for a minute.

I can forgive that stuff if it was a B-Movie but it presented itself to "realstic" that I can't overlook some of stuff.

I really want to see REC.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 08:38:42 PM »

I can't remember if [rec] had those problems... it was still really cool though.

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 11:02:23 PM »

I loved [REC] and I was afraid Quarantine would getting screwed up by Hollywood "creativity", but I thought they stuck well enough to what made the original great that it came out well and this is from someone who despises shaky-cam and thinks "Blair Witch Vision" hasn't been viable for years. I think the changes made were good enough to overlook certain flaws. I did a review of this on The Tomb last week.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Torgo

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 04:36:12 AM »

I've seen the Brazillian film [REC] that Quarantine is a pointless remake of.  Track down the original film if you can as it's much better.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 10:15:50 AM »

I've seen the Brazillian film [REC] that Quarantine is a pointless remake of.  Track down the original film if you can as it's much better.

Spanish not Brazillian.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  QUARANTINE (2008) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.