Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:37:52 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla 2000 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Godzilla 2000  (Read 35208 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 21, 2009, 11:19:47 AM »

This movie proves that there is a little Godzilla in all of us.  Yes, even those of you who think that a flying blue nose from outer space is out to get you.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menaaard!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 12:22:12 PM »

I made a banner for you:

Use it as much as you want. TeddyR
Corbie
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 10:14:59 PM »

I really enjoyed this one. Is it just me or is Orga based on a Broderick 'zilla toy that spent 30 seconds in a microwave?

I want to say I heard that somewhere and it really made my day.
eric1984
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 09:07:20 AM »

This movie is okay, but alot of the cgi scenes look terrible. All in all its not as terrible as say godzillas revenge, and the story blows my mind everytime i hear it, but hey its a godzilla movie i don't want a story i want a giant monster destroying stuff! That banner below me is pure genius!
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 10:09:42 AM »

This is one of my favorite Godzilla movies.  It just has so many great moments.  Godzilla and the spaceship facing off and powering up their respective weapons.  Godzilla marching through town, confronting the spaceship, and saying, "Hey!  You!"  (Of course he doesn't really say that but you know that's what he's thinking).  Godzilla melting his way out of the tendrils.  Well, pretty much everything Godzilla does, actually.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
talthar
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 09:24:41 PM »

Ha!!!!  I block your 8/8 Godzilla with my Shivan Dragon, pump 3 red mana into its firebreathing and kill your Force of Nature.  Sure, I lose 3 life, but it's worth it.

Wait a sec...isn't Force of Nature the one that hurts you...dang it!!!
BigPaulieVirgo
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 10:37:35 PM »

There's always been discussions about which movies show Godzilla as 'force of nature' vs. 'evil entity bent on destruction'...for the latter, I pick "Godzilla,Mothra, King Ghidorah: All Out Monsters Attack". Yeah, lil' ol'
Baragon is there too--but whatever. I especially cringe when Godzilla, with his 'soulless eyes look', turns to see the
fleeing populace, powers up and--well---does anyone enjoy fried, human sushi?

As for Godzilla 2000---I saw it once. Can't remember too much about it. I'll have to re-rent.  TeddyR
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 05:00:38 PM »

Theyve been showing this one one of movie channels, and I think its one of the better of the new series of Godzilla movies.  When you think about it, their would be people who would chase giant monsters the way they would case tornadoes, of whale watch. (Sort of a hybrid of the two)

You'd think Orga would have been a better opponent for Godzilla though, considering that he supposedly has the mind of an advance alien species.  He was either driven to beastial intellegence by Godzilla's DNA-or he was the equivalent of a test chimp.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 04:54:13 PM »

Two things, well 3...
1) I LOVE KAIJU- thanke for the review
2) If he was a japanese male my brother would look just like Katagiri
3) I took a girl to this film on a first date, there was a second date, but there was a disticnct lack of ethusiasm. 

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Flangepart

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 05:47:17 PM »

Godzilla movies are mental comfort food for me. This one is the colaflower yet with a good spinich dip.
Nerd point : AIM-9 Sidewinder do not drop off the launch rails, they just slide forword and go. Also, with 15 lb warheads...not a lot of bang for the bock, kaiju wise.
Another goodie, Andrew.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 07:21:47 PM »

I made a banner for you:

The magic blue elves from outer space, in their flying blue nose.  Now the movie makes sense.  Yes, I'm being serious.  It makes more sense than the rest of the flying alien blue nose plot.

Ha!!!!  I block your 8/8 Godzilla with my Shivan Dragon, pump 3 red mana into its firebreathing and kill your Force of Nature.  Sure, I lose 3 life, but it's worth it.

The main problem is that Godzilla would probably have howl from beyond, berserk, and fork on him when he attacks.  I remember seeing a kurd ape that caused over 200 damage, just because everybody at the table suddenly decided to see just how big a kurd ape could get.  I have not played Magic: The Gathering for probably ten years, but I do still have an alpha lord of the pit somewhere in a protective case.  Loved that card.  All black and ominious.

Theyve been showing this one one of movie channels, and I think its one of the better of the new series of Godzilla movies.  When you think about it, their would be people who would chase giant monsters the way they would case tornadoes, of whale watch. (Sort of a hybrid of the two)

You'd think Orga would have been a better opponent for Godzilla though, considering that he supposedly has the mind of an advance alien species.  He was either driven to beastial intellegence by Godzilla's DNA-or he was the equivalent of a test chimp.

I liked the storm chasers angle.  My main issue was that the special effects could be uneven, and that Godzilla's opponents (the blue nose and Orga) were not satisfying in the least.  Maybe if the opponents had been a number of flying saucers, then the plot could have remained largely the same.  The human plot stopped being interesting around the time that Shinoda tried to find out what the aliens were looking for in the computer system.  Of course they want to know about Godzilla.  Everything else they found on the planet was mediocre.  "Hairless apes, hairless apes driving cars, hairless apes on cell phones...hey, what the heck is that thing?"

This movie is okay, but alot of the cgi scenes look terrible. All in all its not as terrible as say godzillas revenge, and the story blows my mind everytime i hear it, but hey its a godzilla movie i don't want a story i want a giant monster destroying stuff! That banner below me is pure genius!

Probably my least favorite Godzilla movie, but it's squarely targeted at children.  Godzilla movies seem to be more adult-oriented.

There are some great destruction scenes in the 1992 Godzilla vs. Mothra.  Godzilla fighting the futuristic army and Mothra charging through the blockade of ships are some of my favorites.  Overall, I tend to like models blowing up.  "Real" special effects.  It seems like model work is more forgiving than CGI when something does not come out quite right.

Two things, well 3...
1) I LOVE KAIJU- thanke for the review
2) If he was a japanese male my brother would look just like Katagiri
3) I took a girl to this film on a first date, there was a second date, but there was a disticnct lack of ethusiasm. 

I have a story about a first date that involved seeing "Man's Best Friend."  There was never a second date...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Torgo

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 10:43:46 PM »

I saw this one in theaters back when it originally came out.  Not the worst Godzilla movie that I've seen but far from being the best either.

They should have  just stuck at this point with practical effects work instead of trying to intergrate CGI into the mix as the CGI stuff just looked terrible.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 04:17:53 AM »

Yes, even those of you who think that a flying blue nose from outer space is out to get you.

BounceGiggle TeddyR BounceGiggle That would be me, I think.  Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Tom
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 05:29:07 AM »

My favourite part was what happened after Shinoda uttered that ridiculous line about there being a little Godzilla in all of us. As if sensing instinctively that somebody had said something nice about him, Godzilla immediately turned around and set fire to half the city with a single breath.

Roll credits.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 05:51:10 PM »

Heh!  8/8 trample is too weak!

This is more like it.   Thumbup
(I made this card last year)

By the way, I also own a Lord of the Pit.
Not sure if it's an Alpha, though. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 05:53:45 PM by Ash » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Godzilla 2000 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.