Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:58:30 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The worst movie I have ever seen « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The worst movie I have ever seen  (Read 20250 times)
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 10:29:02 PM »

I just found DEVIL'S REJECTS relentlessly unpleasant, depicting and glorifying the worst aspects of humanity, and not horrifying.

It's a tough question of tone when tackling this kind of material.  I think HENRY, PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER is a small materpiece, and despite the gore and scenes that make you squirm, it's truly horrifying to think of a real life figure like Henry.  I didn't get that feeling at all from THE DEVIL'S REJECTS.

The situations were unpleasant, and put in the proper hands could have been truly disturbing. But, it was so blatant that these are bad people doing bad things, it was just boring. After the tenth time of hearing f**k, it loses its intimidation.

Henry is next to the top on my list of greatest horror movies. Brilliantly scary, and a great learning tool for fledgling serial killers.
Mark1970
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 12:06:47 PM »

There are many worst movies, but, no list would be complete without Rabbit Test (from 1970s) starring a young Billy Crystal. 
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 11:30:15 PM »

I think the REV put it best.  I hated THE DEVIL'S REJECTS almost as much as I loathe LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, though I will say that at least LAST HOUSE was there first (with the abusive no-fun cruelty thingee).  HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES was just silly, derivative tripe. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 10:32:21 AM »

then showing a less sadistic side of them, making them kind of likeable, and then inviting sympathy for them while supplanting them with a bigger villain,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R3CP-leVnw&feature=related

Less sadistic?  Everything they do to every stranger they meet is sadistic and depraved.  These characters are the absolute worst examples of humanity I've ever seen.  They make Josef Stalin look like a saint.  I thought this movie's saving grace was at the end when the sheriff killed the matriarch and tied down the father and son in the house, hammered spikes into the hands of the evil son, and set the house on fire.  I was so looking forward to hearing their cries of agony and watching the fire incinerate their evil corpses.  I was disappointed when the Sheriff didn't do this to Sherri Zombie's character, but let her run for her life.  It was nice at least seeing fear on her face.  I wanted the sheriff to catch her and break her neck.  But the ultimate disappointment came when "Tiny" saved her.  Then went inside the house and free the son and father before the flames could consume them.  And then at the end when the three of them tried to run through that police roadblock and the police were shooting at them with .38s.  Those two scenes sealed up my ultimate conclusion that the Devil's Rejects is the absolute worst film in history.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 12:16:39 PM »

First off, let me say that I do enjoy gore flicks. Does this mean that I must love every gorey movie ever? No. For me, gore alone is not enough. If you just throw buckets of gore at the screen while offering nothing else, I'm probably not going to enjoy the movie all that much. With that said, I've seen House of 1000 Corpses and thought it was, at best, okay.

My personal worst movie, however, is still Dark Harvest. It's not the worst-written, acted or produced movie I've ever seen, but something about it made me actually angry at the movie. Usually I'm just bored or annoyed with terrible movies and entertain myself by riffing on it, but this one actually p**sed me off.
AstroZombie000
New Visitor

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2010, 03:46:28 PM »

It is hilarious how absolutely crazed people seem to get over Devils Rejects ?!?! Personally I love the movie though I haven't watched it in a couple years because of when first I purchased it , myself and my girlfriend watched it nonstop. So with that said here are a few movies I think really suck :

Anyone seen Madonnas WHOS THAT GIRL? Omg that movie grates on my soul , and I own it! Or how about the 2005 release of THE BTK KILLER , whoa I mean I was really hopping "something" might happen in that one , but never did. How about this gem THE LAST MINUTE by Stephen Norrington , you know from the first BLADE, this movie went nowhere as well. I own at least (have not updated my catalogue in some time) 1000 VHS and at least half as many DVD's not including  box sets and I have almost never thrown away a movie till yesterday when I tried to watch THE LAST MINUTE  for the third time. Also this movie , The MOVIE HERO , with Jeremy Sisto , wow even good ole Peter Stormare couldn't do anything for that hunk o' junk.

Anyway , just my few cents . Have fun.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »

Manos, Hands of Fate

Need I say more???

Buggedout BounceGiggle

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2010, 04:00:07 PM »

There are a lot worse films than The Devil's Rejects. 

I have seen the Rejects, it was ok.  I like the House of 1000 Corpses.  Both very brutal.

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 09:28:59 PM »

It's a tie between Manos and Blood Feast.  Close behind would be Blood Freak, Billy Madison, Midnight, and others.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2010, 03:46:48 AM »

THE MAIZE: THE MOVIE (2004), released to DVD as DARK HARVEST 2: THE MAIZE.  It's literally two hours of the producer/director/writer/star wandering around a corn maze yelling "Girls? Girls! Girls?" like a confused, balding Motley Crue fan.  Aforementioned producer/director/writer/star is currently in a tremendous amount of legal trouble for tax fraud to the tune of $70,000. 

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2010, 11:19:55 AM »

Both House and Rejects were both very brutal, inflincheng, and mean spirited.  In that manner, they did exactly what they set off to do and it worked. 

If that's the worst movie you've ever seen, consider yourself lucky.  It doesn't even come close to being in the top 100 worst movies I've seen. 
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2010, 11:47:59 AM »

Night Patrol  or Tintorrera for me or maybe Skullduggery
Celx
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2010, 10:58:11 AM »

Hello again, badmoviephiles.  I know you're all probly wondering what I think is the worst film of all.  Well the absolute worst of the worst film in my humble opinion was directed by Rob Zombie himself.  After seeing it, I think they should ban him from the movie industry so he'll stick to recording trash metal songs.  The reason I call this the worst film in history is not because of the reality flaws in it.  Its the fact that Rob made a bunch of serial killers with no redeeming moral values whatsoever the heroes of this film.  I shouldn't say heroes because they do absolutely nothing heroic in the film.  This film was none other than the Devil's Rejects.  I'm sure glad there hasn't been any new films from Rob Zombie in the past decade or so.  Hopefully, the MPAA put a strict ban on all his material.

Naw that movie was actually pretty good, I mean the whole thing Rob Zombie was trying to get at was how those group of killers weren't really that different from the sheriff. Hence they both give speeches about how they are being guided by "divine deities", while they commit they're atrocities.

The sheriff says at one point he is doing the lords work, while the firefly guy gives a speech about how he is a servant for the devil or something. I don't remember the film too clearly but I think what Rob was trying to communicate with his film was the danger of religion, and how extremism on either side can cause people to commit viscous acts of violence,
while using a ideology as a scapegoat.

I also think it was a clever satire of the "serial killer genre" in some regards, but I certainly don't feel he was making them out to be hero's, although it may seem that way considering there weren't really any "good" characters in the film.

But anyway I need to say that the worst film of all time is "the item", which is a satire I understand, but the fact that it commits the capital sin of filmmaking, namely being boring is what makes it so terrible...
Jim H

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2010, 05:10:34 AM »

Naw that movie was actually pretty good, I mean the whole thing Rob Zombie was trying to get at was how those group of killers weren't really that different from the sheriff.

I got the point he was trying to make, but it kind of falls flat on its face for me when the Sheriff is brutalizing people who from everything we've seen in the film basically deserve it.  And, in fact, he doesn't hurt anyone innocent the entire film.  He went overboard in torturing them, that's the worst thing you can really say about his character - he should have just shot them all in the head and ended the film there. 

I don't hate The Devil's Rejects, and think it has some decent qualities - good acting, for one.  I also think the sequence with the ice cream and related scenes makes you wonder how well Zombie could handle a film from a genre other than horror.  Regardless, I never felt any real sympathy for the lead characters.  They got what they deserved.

I think Dead Life is the worst movie I've ever seen.  It's just awful.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2010, 07:43:38 AM »

I'm very tolerable of movies, which means that it's very rare for a movie to be rejected by me. The only films that were so bad I couldn't bare to watch it to the end were Flight of Fury, Deadly Blessing, The Groove Tube and Talladega Nights.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The worst movie I have ever seen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.