Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:54:08 AM
714201 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The worst movie I have ever seen « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: The worst movie I have ever seen  (Read 20366 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2010, 08:19:36 AM »

it's a tie with me- Monster a Go go for giving the audience the big F-you and Superbabies 2 for being just, eh.......gross

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2010, 10:27:55 AM »

Naw that movie was actually pretty good, I mean the whole thing Rob Zombie was trying to get at was how those group of killers weren't really that different from the sheriff.

I got the point he was trying to make, but it kind of falls flat on its face for me when the Sheriff is brutalizing people who from everything we've seen in the film basically deserve it.  And, in fact, he doesn't hurt anyone innocent the entire film.  He went overboard in torturing them, that's the worst thing you can really say about his character - he should have just shot them all in the head and ended the film there.  

I don't hate The Devil's Rejects, and think it has some decent qualities - good acting, for one.  I also think the sequence with the ice cream and related scenes makes you wonder how well Zombie could handle a film from a genre other than horror.  Regardless, I never felt any real sympathy for the lead characters.  They got what they deserved.

The message Zombie was trying to get across with the DEVIL'S REJECTS seemed to be "why are people always ragging on wicked awesome serial killers when the pigs are just as bad?"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:48:55 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2010, 06:54:23 PM »

I also think the sequence with the ice cream and related scenes makes you wonder how well Zombie could handle a film from a genre other than horror.

That's a good point. Looking back at both movies, the parts that worked for me were the ones played primarily for laughs. The Captain Spaulding scenes at the beginning of 1000 Corpses, The Tutti-Frutti scene, Captain Spaulding stealing a car, Charlie and Clevon buying chickens, and some others. Does make me wonder if Zombie could do a comedy, but that is a big step from lightening a horror movie with a few comic moments.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2010, 09:29:19 PM »

Naw that movie was actually pretty good, I mean the whole thing Rob Zombie was trying to get at was how those group of killers weren't really that different from the sheriff.

I got the point he was trying to make, but it kind of falls flat on its face for me when the Sheriff is brutalizing people who from everything we've seen in the film basically deserve it.  And, in fact, he doesn't hurt anyone innocent the entire film.  He went overboard in torturing them, that's the worst thing you can really say about his character - he should have just shot them all in the head and ended the film there.  

I don't hate The Devil's Rejects, and think it has some decent qualities - good acting, for one.  I also think the sequence with the ice cream and related scenes makes you wonder how well Zombie could handle a film from a genre other than horror.  Regardless, I never felt any real sympathy for the lead characters.  They got what they deserved.

The message Zombie was trying to get across with the DEVIL'S REJECTS seemed to be "why are people always ragging on wicked awesome serial killers when the pigs are just as bad?"
Perhaps, but are all of his characters getting "what they deserved"?  The "pigs" are not as bad if the victims deserve their punishment.  If in fact, there are annoying, but innocent, victims in ZOMBIE's films, he's aware of their presence and yet knowingly attempts a manipulation (for which he is to be applauded) that apparently worked on many.  Not me; I never cared for these villains and was glad to see them go, like passing gas.  I don't find any rape/torture films entertaining and very rarely worthwhile, and those few instances that may be worthwhile, I have not and will not look at again.  I just do not want to. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2010, 12:22:58 AM »

I think we need a Rob Zombie thread. Comments on his movies seem to be eclipsing everything else in this one.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2010, 12:57:36 AM »

I'd say that is generally a fair interpretation.  It's actually not that different from the way I saw it, really.  It's probably the biggest problem I have with the movie, overall - I don't get how people can really feel that much for such monstrous characters.  Especially when they get such a heroic final sequence - at the end of which I basically had the mental thought of "Good.".
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2010, 11:04:02 AM »

I think we need a Rob Zombie thread. Comments on his movies seem to be eclipsing everything else in this one.

If you read the first post you'll see that this thread is actually about THE DEVIL'S REJECTS.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2010, 10:43:17 AM »

Naw that movie was actually pretty good, I mean the whole thing Rob Zombie was trying to get at was how those group of killers weren't really that different from the sheriff. Hence they both give speeches about how they are being guided by "divine deities", while they commit they're atrocities.

The sheriff says at one point he is doing the lords work, while the firefly guy gives a speech about how he is a servant for the devil or something. I don't remember the film too clearly but I think what Rob was trying to communicate with his film was the danger of religion, and how extremism on either side can cause people to commit viscous acts of violence,
while using a ideology as a scapegoat.

I also think it was a clever satire of the "serial killer genre" in some regards, but I certainly don't feel he was making them out to be hero's, although it may seem that way considering there weren't really any "good" characters in the film.

But anyway I need to say that the worst film of all time is "the item", which is a satire I understand, but the fact that it commits the capital sin of filmmaking, namely being boring is what makes it so terrible...

I'm sorry but I have to disagree there.  These hyperdepraved and hyperevil people didn't seem to be killing to answer to the whims of a twisted deity.  They were killing and torturing for the sake of killing and torturing.  They were loving every second of their depraved acts.

The only point of religion I saw any of them do was when the son was actually challenging God to strike him down with a bolt of lightning.

This film didn't shock or horrify me, nope.  It plain disgusted me pure and simple.  It is a good thing I have an iron stomach.

If there is one thing this film has taught me is Don't judge a book by its cover.  I mean three of the 4 of these people look nice.  Sherry Zombie's character looks hot.  But their exteriors hide hearts made of pure hypertoxic sludge.

I think Rob Zombie should have made the ending like this:  Have all three of them tied down on chairs, douse them all with diesel fuel and set THEM ablaze instead of the house.  That would have been a saving point for this movie.

Apparently, Rob Zombie likes to horrify and disgust his audience.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The worst movie I have ever seen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.