Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:30:41 AM
714148 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Good DVD burning program? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Good DVD burning program?  (Read 2898 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 23, 2009, 10:57:37 AM »

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good (hopefully free or cheap) program to burn DVD-RWs?  I've got a new CD-DVD drive that can burn DVDs and I need a program to do it with, cause my Windows XP didn't come with anything.  (Well, there's Nero, but I don't it understands that I'm using a DVD-RW, seems to think it's a CD-RW...)

Wanting to back up some of my data and I figure this would be a better way than using several CD-RWs.

Thanks!

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 10:45:43 PM »

I've used Nero and Roxio Easy Media, both can generally be found fairly cheap if you look around. Check ebay. Roxio is the better of the two IMHO.
I have another program that I use called CopyToDVD 4 I like the interface and it works well and fast.

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 04:57:42 PM »

On that same note, I have a load of 30 second movies taken with my digital camera.  I'd like to put them all on a DVD for the grandparents. 
1) whats the best way
2) will it play in a standard TV-type machine, not on a computer.

Thanks!
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 06:45:06 PM »

Depends on the file type and the DVD and what it will play, most are AVI, MPEG or MP4 some do DivX but a number of programs can copy it to DVD and play on a standard DVD player.

Even the ones I listed. Editing, they is a bunch of programs only limited by your budget.

Javakoala
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 10:44:18 PM »

If you want a program for encoding various video formats to be burned to a DVD, I'd recommend DVD Flick. I've been using it for the videos downloaded from, well, lots of places, and most formats are just dropped in, click on "Make DVD" and it goes. It takes about an hour or more to do it, depending on your system, but then you can use any DVD burning software (I use Nero because I'd used it for years and I know how to make it work the way I want) and - PRESTO! - you have a lovely DVD.
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 01:57:30 AM »

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good (hopefully free or cheap) program to burn DVD-RWs?  I've got a new CD-DVD drive that can burn DVDs and I need a program to do it with, cause my Windows XP didn't come with anything.  (Well, there's Nero, but I don't it understands that I'm using a DVD-RW, seems to think it's a CD-RW...)

Wanting to back up some of my data and I figure this would be a better way than using several CD-RWs.

Thanks!

Assuming you just want to burn data DVDs (or CDs), I highly recommend the free ImgBurn software.  (BTW, this software is the post-lawsuit version of DVD Decrypter.)  You can download it from here.

If you want to create your own DVD-Video discs, I don't know of any good free software.  Personally, I use Ulead DVD Workshop to make DVD-Video discs (and Ulead VideoStudio to edit videos, although it too can make DVD-Video discs).

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Good DVD burning program? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.