Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:36:07 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Good Movies You DON'T Want to See Again « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Good Movies You DON'T Want to See Again  (Read 12773 times)
hotspur
Dedicated Viewer

« on: February 24, 2009, 11:20:19 AM »

I got thinking, there are some movies I love and can watch over and over (Cool Hand Luke, The Magnificent Seven, The LAst Seduction, Platoon, Brideshead Revisited, etc) but there are also movies that I've seen and liked that I never want to see again.  For instance:

Secrets & Lies: This was a good movie but it was excrutitaing to watcha nd though I liked it I've seen it on tv and switched it off.

Dead Ringers: Great movie, but it was all I could do to watch this it was so creepy.

Audition:  Again a movie that was difficult to watch and one I never want to see again it was so disturbing.

I'm sure there are others, how 'bout you?

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 11:29:44 AM »

Das Boot - hell of an experience, very realistic.  I would not want to live through it again!

Blair Witch Project - a pretty good movie, but the characters were really getting on my nerves towards the end.  Not so bad the first time, but I could never tolerate them a second time.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 01:13:48 PM »

Terry Gilliam's Tideland. Very well-done film, with an engrossing story and excellent acting, but it messed me up for days trying to process it. I don't want to put myself through it again.

And in a similar vein, Pan's Labyrinth (though I prefer Tideland). It is done well, but it is just too mean spirited for my tastes. Can't say I hated it, but it just struck me as unrelentingly mean.

Saving Private Ryan. Again, well-told story, excellent production values, etc. I could never watch it again.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 01:59:54 PM »

Probably BIRTH OF A NATION.  I watched it in a film class and it was interesting from a "history of motion pictures" perspective, but I don't know if I'd want to sit through it again.  Maybe because we watched it in one sitting, with no intermission, and my ass was killing me from sitting on those metal classroom chairs.  Perhaps I'd enjoy it more at home, lying on the sofa.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 02:01:41 PM »

Brazil.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »

MOTHMAN PROPHISIES- (I'm sure I spelt that wrong...as usual...) Good movie.....too close to home ....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 11:13:57 PM »

Forrest Gump was a movie I enjoyed but have no real desire to see it again. Casualties of War was another, as was 84 Charlie MoPic.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »

THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST

Saw it twice, on the big screen, and it tore my heart out.  I own the DVD, but I have never had the guts to put it in the player.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 09:03:34 AM »

The Devil's Own - I saw it in a second run theater and enjoyed it.  However the rewatch value is kind of slim for me. 

Ransom - I think I saw this in the theater too and liked it.  I'd probably find it boring if I watched it again. 

The Dark Knight - As I've said on this board, it was good for me.  I tried watching it again and honestly couldn't sit through it a second time. 

Cloverfield - I rented it and fast forwarded to the monster parts.  I got through it in a bout 4 minutes. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
akiratubo

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 09:22:05 AM »

The "Grindhouse" movies.  I enjoyed them both but have no intention of ever watching them again.

The Dark Knight.  It was just minimally entertaining enough to keep me from hating it the first time through.  The second time, I absolutely hated it and only made it to about 45 minutes before I turned it off.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Raffine

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »

MOTHMAN PROPHISIES- (I'm sure I spelt that wrong...as usual...) Good movie.....too close to home ....

You should take a look at another of John Keel's books, The Complete Guide to Mysterious Beings (1994). It's pretty comprehensive when it comes to all kinds of strange critters and phenomenons, and it's funny, too.

I tried reading those famous Charles Fort books one time but they are written so strangely I kept getting confused!

Here are some examples of his writing style:

That our existence, a thing within one solar system, or supposed solar system, is a stricken thing that is mewling through space, shocking able-minded, healthy systems with the sores on its sun, its ghastly mooons, its civilizations that are all broken out with sciences; a celestial leper, holding out doddering expanses into which charitable systems drop golden comets?

We assemble the data. Unhappily, we shall be unable to resist the tempation to reason and theorize. May Super-embryology have mercy upon our own syllogisms. We consider that we are entitled to at least 13 pages of gross and stupid erors. After that we shall have to explain.

As to data that we shall now take up, I say to myself: "You are a benign ghoul, digging up the dead, old legends and superstitions, trying to breath life into them. Well, then, why have you neglected Santa Claus?"

Question Question Question Question

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 12:56:47 PM »

The Devil's Arithmetic: It was a good movie and faithful adapation of the book I read in class.  However, I can't watch it again since it is so darn depressing.  I never like watching films like this that I know are going to rip my heart out, but I had to because they showed in my English class.

Ahem: Similiar case with The Devil's Arithmetic.  It was good, but too depressing for me to watch again.

Click: It was surprisingly good for an Adam Sandler movie and it was enjoyable as well.  But the overall leading up to his "death" and the actual scene really drove me off from ever wanting to see this film again.  Good, but once again, too depressing of an ending.

Jeepers Creepers: Would you actually believe this, but my parents forced me to watch this with them!  I didn't like it to begin with and I still didn't like it after witnessing it!  Never again will I watch this.

Flightplan: A very good suspense, thriller, and mystery in my book.  It left my guessing what would happen and what was going on the entire way through.  Now... I just don't have much interest in seeing it again.  It was still pretty awesome.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
akiratubo

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 01:25:32 PM »

Bullitt.

Aside from the car chase, it's pretty humdrum.

Heat.

I've only watched this once and I thought it was great.  I've never had the inclination to see it again.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pilgermann

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 02:01:16 PM »

Red Eye -- It was entertaining while it lasted, but there's no reason for a repeat viewing.

Kate
Dedicated Viewer

Groovy.

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 08:13:57 PM »

Requiem for a Dream. I can see why people like it, but I never ever need to watch this movie again.

Also, really not understanding all the hate for The Dark Knight... I could watch that movie a hundred times.

FEED ME A STRAY CAT
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Good Movies You DON'T Want to See Again « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.