Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:33:35 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Good Movies You DON'T Want to See Again « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Good Movies You DON'T Want to See Again  (Read 12769 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 08:53:42 PM »

Click: It was surprisingly good for an Adam Sandler movie and it was enjoyable as well.  But the overall leading up to his "death" and the actual scene really drove me off from ever wanting to see this film again.  Good, but once again, too depressing of an ending.

Jeepers Creepers: Would you actually believe this, but my parents forced me to watch this with them!  I didn't like it to begin with and I still didn't like it after witnessing it!  Never again will I watch this.

Click was great.  Can't say I'd buy the dvd, but will watch it if I stumble across it on tv.  Then again, I"m a Sandler fan, so eh.

Jeepers Creepers was decent, and it was my grandmother who actually had me sit there and watch it with her.  Then I found out the writer/director (who also directed Powder) Victor Salva, is, I guess the word would be, a pedophile who molested a kid actor from one of his movies back in the '80s.  Turns out he plead guilty to five felony counts and served fifteen months of a three year sentence.  Kinda turned me off to watching the movie again.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 12:18:16 PM »

Amadeus.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »

Oldboy
A well acted and extremely dark film that I honestly don't really have a need for seeing again.  I usually feel that way about most "twist ending" films. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 01:44:32 PM »

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - enjoyed it when I say it but House Of Flying Daggers just outshines it in my opinion so I will always watch that before Crouching Tiger.

Night Watch - I dunno why though. I enjoyed it and since have bought the sequel, Day Watch, but not managed to get it in the DVD player yet so a re-watch of the first one is unlikely.

The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy - I really like/liked these, and have watched them since but each time, they hold my attention less and less. They're seeming somewhat long-winded and drawn out now so don't think I will be watching them again soon.

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
Jim H

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 04:11:59 PM »

Oldboy
A well acted and extremely dark film that I honestly don't really have a need for seeing again.  I usually feel that way about most "twist ending" films. 

Oldboy goes in the list of films I can watch very rarely.  As in, I watched it five years ago, and just NOW, I'm finally thinking about seeing it again. 

There are a number of very dark, depressing films that I saw once and don't really feel the need to see again.  The Godfather 2 for instance.  Another is Seven.
HirayamaKodomo
New Visitor

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 11:28:37 PM »

Let me give my opinion if I may:

"Grave of the Fireflies" by Miyazaki, produced by Studio Ghibli.

The story revolves around two orphan japanese children near the end of WWII. It is an extremely well-made and moving movie (animation can convey emotion just as much as film). Basically, the older brother survives but the little girl doesn't after they scrape by and starve. The first time I saw the film, I bawled my eyes out--which as a guy I'm not ashamed to admit. I own the DVD, but seriously doubt I will ever watch it again.

Footnote: I like to use this film as a litmus test when seeing how honest someone is. Anyone who has seen this film is going to be moved to tears. If they say they didn't feel anything, they are either lying or a cold unfeeling person.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2009, 12:19:46 AM »

Let me give my opinion if I may:

"Grave of the Fireflies" by Miyazaki, produced by Studio Ghibli.

An incredible film.  Even though it is sad, so sad that it makes my heart want to break, I don't think I could actively avoid watching it.  That is one of the films on my "best movies ever made" list.

I showed it to my wife when she was full of pregnancy hormones, and terribly emotional.  Oh boy, that was a bad idea.  She still gets choked up when I mention the film.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BTM

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2009, 01:52:03 AM »

Schnidler's List - Great film, but I dunno if I'd watch it again. 

No Country For Old Man - a very good, if unconventional movie, but again, I just don't see a reason to watch it a second time.

I'll third Grave of the Fireflies, excellent movie, but extremely sad.

Others have already been mentioned: Old Boy (although I might re-watch some of the scenes, like the ten minute one cut fight scene between the main character and several thugs.)

March of the Penguins - a really interesting and education film, but I couldn't see myself watching it twice.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2009, 11:06:02 AM »

Sort of depends on which reason you have for not watching something again.

Something that I can't bear to watch again?

Saving Private Ryan.  Don't think I can bear to watch the knife fight scene again.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 10:38:50 PM »

E.T. - to be honest with you, I can't figure out if I ever liked the film in the first place.  However, it is "good" by all standards.

Starship Troopers - good film, didn't hook me which is suprising. 

Watership Down - wonderful social commentary wrapped up in a heartbreaking story of rabbits.  However, watching it goes back to when I was a kid and the local stations put it on as a kid's movie.  Bad move...

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 05:30:43 AM »

E.T. - to be honest with you, I can't figure out if I ever liked the film in the first place.  However, it is "good" by all standards.

Starship Troopers - good film, didn't hook me which is suprising. 

I think I know what you mean about ET - I never really got the hype myself and have not really got any desire to watch it again.

Starship Troopers however, I rank very highly. If it didn't hook you though, you certainly don't want to watch its sequels.

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
hotspur
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 11:00:33 AM »

Requiem for a Dream. I can see why people like it, but I never ever need to watch this movie again.

Also, really not understanding all the hate for The Dark Knight... I could watch that movie a hundred times.

Requiem for a Dream is a great choice.  I feel the exact same way, great movie, but I could never put myself through it again.  I rented that for some friends and I to watch and they looked at me like a weirdo for having chosen it. 
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 12:03:58 PM »

Pretty much any of Quentin Tarinetino's movie are a one-shot for me.  They are good movies to see once.  What turns me off is usually so many rabid fans praising them, and making them out to be better than they were. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 06:55:57 PM »

There aren't any.
If it's a movie that I don't want to see again,than it was never any good to begin with.
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 07:43:11 PM »

I agree with the Dark Knight.  I don't think I could watch that movie again.  I don't mean to be contrarian, I just didn't like it.

On the other hand, I loved Braveheart, but I haven't watched it all the way through again because the ending is such a downer.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Good Movies You DON'T Want to See Again « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.